Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Mollywolly wrote: »
    I bought some ink from a Dublin company that shipped on 1st December. Their confirmation email said to contact An Post if there was a problem with the tracking.

I've waited patiently (being mindful of Christmas/Covid delays) and there has been no update on tracking. I managed to get hold of someone at An Post via webchat this morning who said they hadn't received the package and to contact the sender.

Just an update on the above: the package didn't arrive and finally on 27th December the sender re-shipped it via courier at my request. Tracking never updated but it was delivered on 31st December.

Still waiting for the original An Post tracking to update :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

corkie wrote: »

and look at the picture of the depot...there's no one there??? :confused: all out sick with covid??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭davetherave

fryup wrote: »
    and look at the picture of the depot...there's no one there??? :confused: all out sick with covid??

Stock photo, from at least the 6th of December 2019.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/1206/1097439-an-posts-new-dublin-parcel-hub/

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

Ordered something from china on 20th December, which arrived this morning.

Had a letter posted to me from less than 1km away, on 17th December, that also arrived today.

Ordered something from the uk today, tracking says 25th to receive but I'm assuming at this rate I'll be waiting longer.

i'm still waiting for books that i ordered from easons pre-xmas

i thought that easons being ireland based that the delivery would be fairly quick ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,612 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I received Christmas cards today from in Ireland posted early mid December

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭New2Dubs

Today:
    Received package from UK, ordered 5 Jan.
    Received Christmas card from UK, posted 20 Dec.
    Three cheers to Brexit Britain ��

• Registered Users Posts: 17,334 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I received Christmas cards today from in Ireland posted early mid December

Ridiculous that they cannot even manage to deliver domestic mail on time all the while increasing prices because they are now "providing a better service"
    And not a mention of it from them, only talking about delays to international mail - why can they just now come out and say everything is delayed instead of pretending there isn't an issue with their service period.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,888 ✭✭✭✭zell12

DailyMail - Royal FAIL: Homes are left without mail for up to a MONTH in 28 delivery 'blackspots' as huge rise in online shopping overwhelms postal service amid soaring staff absence due to Covid
    The Royal Mail has revealed there are 28 delivery 'blackspots' across the UK which are suffering from limited postal services as more of its workforce is affected by Covid-19.
    'This is due to the exceptionally high volumes we are seeing, exacerbated by the coronavirus-related measures we have put in place in local mail centres and delivery offices to keep our people and customers safe. In such cases, we always work hard to get back to providing our usual level of service as quickly as we can.'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

i thought that easons being ireland based that the delivery would be fairly quick ??

Easons probably buy them off Amazon then ship them to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

They seem to be speeding up national deliveries alright. Parcel sent from Dublin yesterday afternoon arrived here in Cork this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

They seem to be speeding up national deliveries alright. Parcel sent from Dublin yesterday afternoon arrived here in Cork this morning.

The problem with An Post seems to be that when they get overloaded its as if they take a load of mail and dump it somewhere to reduce the load then somehow they find it again once things start to go back to normal. Recent postings aren't affected yet there is still stuff stuck in the system somewhere from weeks back.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Unfortunately that seems to be the way with all of them. A modicum of intelligence would suggest you work first in first out, but An Post certainly don't seem to. PM no better. Even if you added a cage of older stuff into the new stuff every day or two you would at least keep it moving. There is no excuse to taking a month to get post across Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Night owl gal

still waiting for a parcel from Switzerland to arrive

finally arrived a few days ago. Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

I finally got both of the parcels I was waiting for yesterday. One was from Smyths ordered on St. Stephen's Day that was supposed to be delivered within 2-4 days. The other was a parcel I was waiting on from the U.K. that the seller had to resend on January 5th. So 6 days to get here. The original parcel she sent on December 15th has been lost somewhere in between London and here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

The problem with An Post seems to be that when they get overloaded its as if they take a load of mail and dump it somewhere to reduce the load then somehow they find it again once things start to go back to normal. Recent postings aren't affected yet there is still stuff stuck in the system somewhere from weeks back.

Completely wild guess here put perhaps massaging their 'on time' figures? i.e. the 'old' parcels are already late so prioritise the recent stuff so that's delivered on time and makes their figures look better than if they prioritised backlog, in which case the recent stuff may not then be delivered on time either?

Car99 wrote: »
    Easons probably buy them off Amazon then ship them to you.

go way, are you serious ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

go way, are you serious ?

No

I’m waiting on like 7 packages oops but no sign of delivery for any so far lol

• Registered Users Posts: 30,375 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I ordered books from Easons and Kennys on the same day. Kennys arrived after a few days, still waiting for Easons delivery, tracker says An Post have yet to receive the details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I ordered books from Easons and Kennys on the same day. Kennys arrived after a few days, still waiting for Easons delivery, tracker says An Post have yet to receive the details.

I ordered from Easons a week ago and just came across this thread. My order hasn't been received by An Post yet either by the looks of things

• Registered Users Posts: 17,334 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I ordered from Easons a week ago and just came across this thread. My order hasn't been received by An Post yet either by the looks of things

More likely An Post haven't bothered scanning it yet - what you don't have you can't lose

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Anniearenyouok

Ordered from Smyths on the 7th of January, a small item. It won't let me track it, as it says;

"An Post (ROI) / Royal Mail (NI) does not provide a live tracking link for smaller packages posted to your mailbox.

Expect delivery in 2 - 4 working days.
    No signature required.
    Items will be posted to your mailbox"

Just a waiting game, have to say An post and UPS have been excellent on the run up to Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭SPDUB

That's COMREG rules .

Once an item is late according to their measuring then it doesn't matter how late it is, whether it it is a day late or 3 weeks late , the fine An Post pay or indeed any delivery company pay is the same .

So you fit sorting any late material around that day's items
    Completely wild guess here put perhaps massaging their 'on time' figures? i.e. the 'old' parcels are already late so prioritise the recent stuff

No massaging as everyone knows what the "on time" figures are

• Registered Users Posts: 14 AnTarbh

Loads of Christmas cards took about 15 days to post within Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jelutong

I ordered something from Amazon.UK on Jan 6th. An Post delivered it this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,375 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Got a Delivery Notification from An Post today to say that the books from Easons were handed over today.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭nicnac

Me too.. I have 5 orders in with Easons (total of 15 books) and have only received 2 books. The issue is that they have stock in the UK, so orders are caught up in the whole Brexit issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭nicnac

I got this response from Easons....

"
    I apologise for the continued delay with your order.

Theses books are part of our extended range and were shipped from a logistics centre in the UK.

Regrettably, we have been experiencing extended delays in processing items sourced from the UK.
    All outstanding orders are in transit to Ireland and will be sent directly to an An Post sorting depot for sorting and delivery.
    Once received and scanned by An Post Tracking will be available.

We expect all outstanding deliveries to be received by An Post this week and deliveries enacted shortly thereafter.
    Please note that tracking will not be available until the package has been scanned for delivery by An Post
    "

Note, they said the same thing last week..

Advertisement