Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any credible conspiracy theories?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

This new "strain", this new "variant"

How dangerous is it? When was it identified as opposed to the original covid-19?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

This new "strain", this new "variant"

How dangerous is it? When was it identified as opposed to the original covid-19?
    Have you tried finding out this information before starting to believe the explanation might be that it's a conspiracy?

This laughable American "insurrection".

That would be another one.

Not a helicopter in sight. Nothing from the air, unlike the LA riots.

"The violence was qelled" - Pence

What **** that these fools talk.

Again more flippant comments without any coherent thoughts or sentences never mind a coherent theory.

Not sure why this counts as a credible theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

A mob, incited by the incumbent, breached the Capitol. Are you suggesting something else happened?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Finally, the air in the shaft, were the cabin to just drop would compress and slow the thing down like the plunger in a bicycle pump.

I haven't bothered with this forum, because usually trying to deal with a conspiracy theorist is an exercise in frustration, but just something about this post from last month made me laugh.

Are you saying that lift shafts (with all those openings where there are floors) are as airtight as a bicycle pump and the compressed air should slow a lift down if it was falling??

I haven't bothered with this forum, because usually trying to deal with a conspiracy theorist is an exercise in frustration, but just something about this post from last month made me laugh.

Are you saying that lift shafts (with all those openings where there are floors) are as airtight as a bicycle pump and the compressed air should slow a lift down if it was falling??

Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying. Those doors on all those floors are CLOSED.

Try push a bicycle pump plunger into an inner tube that is peppered with holes. You will still feel resistance slowing down your efforts. Try doing the same thing when the pump is not connected to anything and it will be a lot easier to push the plunger.

How many lifts have you ever seen ascending and descending where all the doors on every floor is open as the lift cabin passes by?

A lift rising and dropping does so at a constant velocity when ventilators allow for vacuums (during ascent) or compression (during descent} permit balance.

They are not sufficient to evacuate the air from a lift shaft when the cabin is plunging and indeed accelerating at 9.8 m/s/s.

Doors open on each floor! What are you on?

Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying. Those doors on all those floors are CLOSED.

Try push a bicycle pump plunger into an inner tube that is peppered with holes. You will still feel resistance slowing down your efforts. Try doing the same thing when the pump is not connected to anything and it will be a lot easier to push the plunger.

How many lifts have you ever seen ascending and descending where all the doors on every floor is open as the lift cabin passes by?

A lift rising and dropping does so at a constant velocity when ventilators allow for vacuums (during ascent) or compression (during descent} permit balance.

They are not sufficient to evacuate the air from a lift shaft when the cabin is plunging and indeed accelerating at 9.8 m/s/s.

Unless of course, as you pointed out the building has been hit by a plane.

Also "closed" does not mean airtight.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    A mob, incited by the incumbent, breached the Capitol. Are you suggesting something else happened?

I am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

I am.

Does it begin with A, end with A and have a ntif in the niddle?

I am.
    And notice how you cannot supply any evidence or reasoning or anything other than vague paranoia to support this claim.

Still not sure what makes this theory any more credible than Qanon or Flat eartherism.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Wow. Just how many lift shafts have you ever been in?

I am.

Okay, so what alternatively happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Hoop66

You seem to think that a lift fits very snuggly in its lift shaft and that there could be no room on the sides of the lift where air could pass by.

That is not how a lift works. Your theory is not based in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Dear oh dear

The Nal wrote: »
    Dear oh dear

What's great is that he already agreed all of that is moot since as he pointed out the one example of a lift falling in it's shaft occurred when a building was hit by a plane.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,004 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Am I reading this right.

Does someone think a lift works in a vacuum?

I mean, the mechanical specifications are EXTREMELY easy to find on line

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Am I reading this right.

It originates from the same poster who hasn't furnished a single conspiracy theory they've suggested, decided that the facts are wrong because they don't believe them, dodged countless questions, and refers to posters here as "shills", so good luck getting a rational response there

• Subscribers Posts: 41,004 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

It originates from the same poster who hasn't furnished a single conspiracy theory they've suggested, decided that the facts are wrong because they don't believe them, dodged countless questions, and refers to posters here as "shills", so good luck getting a rational response there

I don't ever expect a rational response in this thread.

Isnt that it's actual raison d'etre??

• Advertisement

I don't ever expect a rational response in this thread.

Isnt that it's actual raison d'etre??

Basically I suppose.

Question: "Are there any credible conspiracy theories?"
    Answer: "No, you get stuff like this."

Am I reading this right.

Lifts DON'T work in a vacuum.

Why would you ask such a question? And who suggested such?

Lifts have multiple safety measures. They do not just slam 100 floors down and sound like and explosion.

Lifts have multiple safety measures. They do not just slam 100 floors down and sound like and explosion.
    But they do.
    Like you said, there was an example of this when a plane hit the Empire State Building.
    Unless you subscribe to the holographic plane conspiracy theory, planes hit the twin towers.

Therefore, lifts can fall and sound like explosions.
    This was one of many explanations you were offered and ignored.

Jesus christ
    "“I saw a couple of elevators in free fall; you could hear them whizzing down and as they crashed, there was this huge explosion, like a fireball exploding out of the bank of elevators,” Kravette said. “People were engulfed in flames."
    "Firefighter Peter Fallucca: Before we got in, all the elevators were crashed down in the lobby, and we were going to the stairwell. See all the elevators were crashed down, big slabs of marble on the floor, all the ceiling tiles of the dropped ceiling was falling down, wires hanging. You see wires and stuff hanging inside the elevator shafts, because the doors were blown right off the elevators."
    "Firefighter John Moribito: I noticed that some of the elevators had been blown out of their shafts. They came down and crashed out of the shaft. They were buckled, and I had noticed that there were people still in the elevators. I believe that they were at that point deceased. Then I saw the lights in both buildings went out, and I heard the rumble. At that point, I didn’t know what was happening, but 2 World Trade Center was collapsing."
    "At the end of this elevator lobby, there was – it just looked to me like something had exploded. I don’t remember how I heard it or who said it, but someone said I think it was an elevator – when the plane hit, it severed the elevator cable and it came all the way down and crashed"

https://sites.google.com/site/911stories/insidethesouthtower%3Aeyewitnessaccounts

Some elevators hit the ground, on other elevators the emergency brakes worked, other's seemed to come out of their shafts entirely.

Back to the original point, there were a lot of other secondary explosions and what sounded like explosions during and after the plane impacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

There is a glaring fundamental flaw with your 'theory'- elevators/lifts do not and never have operated in a sealed vacuum. Elevator shafts are not a sealed environment.

Lifts move by mechanical means- not by regulating the pressure of the atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

There is a glaring fundamental flaw with your 'theory'- elevators/lifts do not and never have operated in a sealed vacuum. Elevator shafts are not a sealed environment.

Lifts move by mechanical means- not by regulating the pressure of the atmosphere.

while there are vacuum elevators they are generally single person use only and look like the picture below. The vast of majority of elevators are mechanical as you say.

dn7353-1_250.jpg?width=778

I didn't say they moved in a vacuum. How would they ascend in an evacuated chamber?

Jesus christ

https://sites.google.com/site/911stories/insidethesouthtower%3Aeyewitnessaccounts

Some elevators hit the ground, on other elevators the emergency brakes worked, other's seemed to come out of their shafts entirely.

Back to the original point, there were a lot of other secondary explosions and what sounded like explosions during and after the plane impacts.

So according to Firefighter Pete Morbito...."all the elevators" fell. All had their cables severed, the brake shoes failed AND the emergency safety governors also failed and they all plunged down. Correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

you are still talking absolute nonsense. lifts in a lift shaft are in no way airtight.

• Advertisement

Now you're putting words into my mouth and reaching out to others for support.

You said that I decided that "the facts" were wrong because I don't believe them.

You're the one who talks about "facts" and that they aren't to be questioned or disputed or doubted.

Just because YOU say something is a fact and is indisputable or undeniable or unquestionable, doesn't make it a fact, I'm sorry to inform you.

You could state "as fact" that a rotund, bearded man in a red and white outfit can fly across the sky, his mode of conveyance, a team of equally gifted mammals. He then pauses to to lower himself down a chimney shaft, leave bags of gifts, consume a slice of cake and then make haste and repeat the procedure hundreds of millions of time in a couple of hours.

You could state this as a fact. I still wouldn't believe a word of it but your argument is that because I don't believe your "fact" then somehow I am to be held with suspicion.

Advertisement