Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Sky King wrote: »
    You don't need to go to all that trouble. Just say you identify as female.

And keep the beard ? I wonder just how much stink one would kick up and get away with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

And keep the beard ?

Well in woke US you can be a woman and keep the penis. *shrugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,536 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Well in woke US you can be a woman and keep the penis. *shrugs*

Same in Ireland. You can legally change your gender without undergoing any medical treatment whatsoever, or indeed without any input from a doctor - it's essentially a case of walking into the office and asking for your birth cert to be changed, and walking out the opposite gender without doing anything else. And some of the woke crowd want to extend this facility to children!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

And keep the beard ? I wonder just how much stink one would kick up and get away with.

I can’t recall his name but there’s a guy who is women’s officer for Stonewall who identifies as a woman and a lesbian - and has a beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,036 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Same in Ireland. You can legally change your gender without undergoing any medical treatment whatsoever, or indeed without any input from a doctor - it's essentially a case of walking into the office and asking for your birth cert to be changed, and walking out the opposite gender without doing anything else. And some of the woke crowd want to extend this facility to children!

So... Effectively like changing your name? What's so disturbing about changing your name? People do it all the time. You can even do it in boards.ie (if you pay a subscription)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I don't think anyone is claiming that changing your name is disturbing.

Nice strawman BTW.

So... Effectively like changing your name? What's so disturbing about changing your name? People do it all the time. You can even do it in boards.ie (if you pay a subscription)

If you honestly think that a man becoming or declaring themselves as a woman is the same as changing your name, you have no comprehension about the differences between men and women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

You know that is not the only consequence full well. But there is a whole other thread for that battle.

I don't think anyone is claiming that changing your name is disturbing.

Nice strawman BTW.
    If you honestly think that a man becoming or declaring themselves as a woman is the same as changing your name, you have no comprehension about the differences between men and women.
    Gruffalux wrote: »
    You know that is not the only consequence full well. But there is a whole other thread for that battle.

Yeah, I know, I know :) - but my point was that, with regard to the point about kids, what difference does it make what their passport says? I mean, they aren't making any changes to their body and it's not something that's going to potentially cause damage later on if they regret it.

It's just changing a detail on a piece of paper - like a name. There are no major consequences - or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Yeah, I know, I know :) - but my point was that, with regard to the point about kids, what difference does it make what their passport says? I mean, they aren't making any changes to their body and it's not something that's going to potentially cause damage later on if they regret it.

It's just changing a detail on a piece of paper - like a name. There are no major consequences - or am I missing something?

You're missing quite a lot, or feigning stupidity.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Changing your name doesn’t give you the right to enter women’s rape crisis centers and give smear tests to women in medical facilities though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Originally Posted by Banana Republic
    I was thinking of putting on a blouse and wig going for a big job in RTE or something and then claim discrimination when I didn’t get the job.
    Theres a spiral happening here now with regard to gender identity, that was not my angle. With my original post I was just wondering at what stage you'd be called out

Changing your name doesn’t give you the right to enter women’s rape crisis centers and give smear tests to women in medical facilities though.

The same argument could be made for banning transgender generally - is that your point, or where is the difference?

And this won't effect kids (won't someone PLEASE think of the CHILDREN?!) having their gender changed on a passport (as long as, of course, they can change it back on future passports)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Originally Posted by Banana Republic

Theres a spiral happening here now with regard to gender identity, that was not my angle. With my original post I was just wondering at what stage you'd be called out

You would not get an interview for starters.

All senior positions are head hunted invariably.

They would have to advertise a position. What happens is that they will interview 8 - 10 persons. Maybe 1 or 2 would have a smidgeon of a chance of the job - if that at all. More often than not they know exactly who they want.

Your CV can't wear a wig. The reality is that an employee agency would be contracted to " ensure transparency".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Cordell

The same argument could be made for banning transgender generally - is that your point, or where is the difference?

And this won't effect kids (won't someone PLEASE think of the CHILDREN?!) having their gender changed on a passport (as long as, of course, they can change it back on future passports)

So, if it's just a change in the papers, why do it at all?
    But if it's more, and you send your boy to the girls school, or sent him to school in girls' uniform, do you think it's not abuse? You are willingly expose him to bullying and ridicule from the other kids, and put him all sorts of awkward positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Ill guess without reading that the reverse wasnt suggested

https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1348986753747705860

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Cordell wrote: »
    So, if it's just a change in the papers, why do it at all?
    But if it's more, and you send your boy to the girls school, or sent him to school in girls' uniform, do you think it's not abuse? You are willingly expose him to bullying and ridicule from the other kids, and put him all sorts of awkward positions.

Slippery shope fallacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

I think this can be applied to us too:D

https://twitter.com/JimLeitrim1/status/1348570716078301185

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

You DONT think they should have equal access...?

Not much of an anarchist!

They DO have equal access, have had so for decades ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,529 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

https://www.euronews.com/2021/01/05/german-storms-to-be-given-more-diverse-names-after-online-campaign

“Germany has pledged to give storms more diverse names after an online initiative called for a better reflection of the multi-cultural makeup of German society.”

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

silverharp wrote: »
    Ill guess without reading that the reverse wasnt suggested

https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1348986753747705860

Oh RTD.
    What a disappointment.

They DO have equal access, have had so for decades ...

I never said they didn't. Someone implied that they shouldn't.

https://www.euronews.com/2021/01/05/german-storms-to-be-given-more-diverse-names-after-online-campaign

“Germany has pledged to give storms more diverse names after an online initiative called for a better reflection of the multi-cultural makeup of German society.”

Probably they will use names like Ahmed only for mild and ... peaceful storms, you can't name a devastating storm like that, it may send the wrong message.

Slippery shope fallacy.

I'm sure you said the same thing when you heard the suggestion that some male inmates will pretend to be transgender just to serve the time in a women prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Gender isn't a category on the passport.
    'Sex' is and it's either male or female. It is impossible to change sex

Cordell wrote: »
    I'm sure you said the same thing when you heard the suggestion that some male inmates will pretend to be transgender just to serve the time in a women prison.

You'll have to quote the post.
    Rodin wrote: »
    Gender isn't a category on the passport.
    'Sex' is and it's either male or female. It is impossible to change sex

Fair point, don't know how I got sidetracked with passports... Apologies!

Think it was originally meant to be Birth Cert or something, but putting the letter M instead of F is detremental to the child's health as they'll have to wear a skirt to school (not sure how? Poster declined to answer thus far) and be bullied into oblivion or something like that. Or adults will use it to get into rape-crisis clinics (again, not sure how...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Oh RTD.
    What a disappointment.

That IS a disappointment. I’ve seen Russell T Davies interviewed a few times and he’s a really intelligent, engaging guy. And, like, is he saying that Aidan Gillen and Charlie Hunnam weren’t great in their roles in Queer As Folk? I especially cannot believe he compared a straight actor playing a gay character to somebody doing blackface. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,533 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I never said they didn't. Someone implied that they shouldn't.

No I never implied that .
    You are trying to misconstrue what I said but that isnt surprising.

No I never implied that .
    You are trying to misconstrue what I said but that isnt surprising.

Biden said that he was going to ensure that everyone had equal access to post Covid fundung. You said this was woke.

Either you disagree with him and don't think everyone shuold have equal access, or you agree with something you're trying to highligh as woke - which is it?

If you think it's misconstrued, then put the record straight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

image.jpg

Account now suspended https://twitter.com/blm_emily_acab maybe it was a parody account, sure hope so

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement