Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef ration prices in bulk

• 11-01-2021 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Beef ration prices per ton

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Classy 399 wrote: »
    Beef ration prices per ton

230 to 300. depending on ingredients and energy levels

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭1373

orm0nd wrote: »
    230 to 300. depending on ingredients and energy levels

Is rolled barley nearly 230

• Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

16% beef nut, €275 collected in bulk.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Classy 399

_Brian wrote: »
    16% beef nut, €275 collected in bulk.

Where are u based

• Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Cavan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Welding Rod

Classy 399 wrote: »
    Where are u based

16% Beef Nut in 25kg bag @ €280 ton. I would have thought bulk would be a good bit cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Classy 399

Paying 285 beef ration 16 % protein in ton bags

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

€240 for a high maize coarse ration

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

Any price impact expected from Ringaskiddy silo fire?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Dairygold rations going up 15 a tonne apparently from 2moro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,160 ✭✭✭tanko

Mooooo wrote: »
    Dairygold rations going up 15 a tonne apparently from 2moro

That rise was being talked about before the fire, i suppose the fire will put on another €15 also.
    Then €10 cause Brexit, another tenner cause Covid and another tenner towards a new merc for the sales manager at the mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

€280 per tonne bags, 16% nut.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,065 ✭✭✭✭Base price

€265 for 15% crunch collected in December. Price has probably gone up since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,013 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Unless you are feeding weanlings or finishing cattle it is no longer economical to feed ration to cattle. With present beef prices and ration prices finishing is a loss making business. Strong weanlings over 300kgs should not require ration either unless silage is pure crap. Silage and minerals is adequate for all cattle over 300kgs.

If you are buying a ration at sub 250/ton in bulk it's very unlikely to have decent ingredients. Milks may have reduced bagged pric s as much as possible as bagging plants are well paid for now. However again it unlikely you are getting anything decent in a bag.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭jfh

Paid 8:50 per bag delivered from dairygold for maize munch, usually get bulk but didn't suit this time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,065 ✭✭✭✭Base price

€200/ton for rolled barley and oats in bulk bags collected which is up €10/ton on December price. Ground maize €225/ton bulk bags collected and they held the price of the 15% crunch at €265/ton. Payment on collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Country life

Anyone getting value for nut/ration paying €300/t bulk delivered for calf nut.told der goin up again another €10

Anyone getting value for nut/ration paying €300/t bulk delivered for calf nut.told der goin up again another €10

There is no value out there bought Barley/ maize/ hulls for finishing bullocks on grass at 255/ ton. Minimum to be taken was 4 ton.

Ya was told it's going up as well. That mix was costing 200/ ton 4-5 years ago. I be splitting my calves at that price. I definitely be setting up a grazing system with a back fence. See a lad and he has the younger calves ahead of the older ones. There is about 10 young calves and 40 older ones.

If calves are 16 weeks+ and have plenty of grass in a strip grazing set up I be tempted to give them grass only. Even at over 14 weeks I be trying to feed them a good quality 14% beef ration instead of a calf ration

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭jaymla627

There is no value out there bought Barley/ maize/ hulls for finishing bullocks on grass at 255/ ton. Minimum to be taken was 4 ton.

Ya was told it's going up as well. That mix was costing 200/ ton 4-5 years ago. I be splitting my calves at that price. I definitely be setting up a grazing system with a back fence. See a lad and he has the younger calves ahead of the older ones. There is about 10 young calves and 40 older ones.

If calves are 16 weeks+ and have plenty of grass in a strip grazing set up I be tempted to give them grass only. Even at over 14 weeks I be trying to feed them a good quality 14% beef ration instead of a calf ration

It won’t be at 255 for long with maize after breaking 7 dollars a bushel, meal prices are going to be scary high next autumn/winter looking at future markets

• Registered Users Posts: 9,160 ✭✭✭tanko

jaymla627 wrote: »
    It won’t be at 255 for long with maize after breaking 7 dollars a bushel, meal prices are going to be scary high next autumn/winter looking at future markets

What is driving the price of Maize up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭893bet

What are lads paying at the moment. Seems to have gone crazy the last few mo that as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭Dunedin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭Grueller

Glanbias gain wean and build 16% protein is retailing at €365 loose collected.

At them prices lads should concentrate on making descent late May silage and feed no ration to weanlings or stores. It's not economical. 2 kgs/ day,that is 65-75 euro for 100 days.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭1373

Rep rang yesterday to tell me ration going up €15 and nuts €20 next week. With regards to some of the fancy named product, you should check the ingredients as some of them put more effort into dressing up there products instead of using the best of ingredients

I give 1kg to weanlings from November to February (120 days). Works out €38 a head. Works for my set up.

depends on type of cattle to. Big difference in feeding to U/R grade continental cattle versus and O or P grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Fine Day

Agreed. Good to give weanling a kg of good ration per day along with good silage. I find there all the better for it and trive better when they get to grass. Also has minerals etc that is important too.

I have an area cordoned off outside the shed with three troughs to let them out. The meal makes them fierce quiet also - like suck calves which makes handling them later on very easy.

10th May is my first cut silage date weather permitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Fine Day

See what way the spring comes before we think about cutting silage. Fertilizer cost will be a big factor this year. Alot lads may graze first with hope of prices dropping later in the spring or early summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

€280 for a 12% finishing ration and €300 for a 16% nut.

Anything going back to grass is getting good first cut silage and no meal and doing good on it.

Advertisement