Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

Just home, it's not as cold as you would think out!
    Coffee then walkies

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Homeward bound. All plans cancelled, bed required.. Beautiful morning, one day I'll bring a camera

• Registered Users Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Not sure if it’s a regular Samsung function or local phone company, but I got a call that showed up as POTENTIAL FRAUD as the caller ID, sure enough a nice Indian voice asked if I was using a specific payment APP, told me it was blocked and that I needed to give him my data. By the time I stopped laughing he had hung up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

smurfjed wrote: »
    Not sure if it’s a regular Samsung function or local phone company, but I got a call that showed up as POTENTIAL FRAUD as the caller ID, sure enough a nice Indian voice asked if I was using a specific payment APP, told me it was blocked and that I needed to give him my data. By the time I stopped laughing he had hung up.

Smurf, that’s the network. I’ve had some fun with scammers over the years. Terrible luck to contact a security person.

Couchside, got some excellent snaps! I seriously need to invest in gloves though :pac:

Bedside and I definitely need to get up as I'm on a spending spree despite swearing that I wouldn't buy anything for January, car insurance is up today and tax at the end of the month , I've a good mind to declare it off the road as I'm not using it anyway and spend the money on more important stuff like clothes. 😂
    Anyway I've treated myself to a lovely Superdry coat, fingers crossed it fits as I've never bought from them before, I'm telling myself it's an essential item due to my sporadic walks and the inclement weather. ☺️

• Advertisement

Bedside and I definitely need to get up as I'm on a spending spree despite swearing that I wouldn't buy anything for January, car insurance is up today and tax at the end of the month , I've a good mind to declare it off the road as I'm not using it anyway and spend the money on more important stuff like clothes. 😂
    Anyway I've treated myself to a lovely Superdry coat, fingers crossed it fits as I've never bought from them before, I'm telling myself it's an essential item due to my sporadic walks and the inclement weather. ☺️

It’s 100% justified DD! You have 3rd party validation now so it’s OK :D

It’s 100% justified DD! You have 3rd party validation now so it’s OK :D

You're my kinda poster Dave, I feel much better now. I should have bought you some gloves as I was at it .😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I agree DD. Similarly, I bought a coat on Regatta for all those walks in the cold that I am not going on. One of these days...

@ DD, next time ;)

@ Poochie, you’re prepared now. That’s the important thing.

* I support compulsive purchasers as I am one too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Am laughing here to myself , cleaning the house, went out to get the mop and mop bucket, frozen solid! Imagine having to defrost your cleaning equipment before you use it :D

Yes , I'm easily amused I know !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Am laughing here to myself , cleaning the house, went out to get the mop and mop bucket, frozen solid! Imagine having to defrost your cleaning equipment before you use it :D

That would be reason enough to postpone it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

That means it’s time for a break and a coffee ;)

I myself am looking at snow and ice :) I’m kinda of sick of it now :D

All purchases are essential so keep on shopping :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I didn't postpone it , defrosted , used , and done now !

Coffee with crackers and cheese time I think now .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I didn't postpone it , defrosted , used , and done now !

Coffee with crackers and cheese time I think now .

That's quite funny. Imagine trying to explain that to someone in California say, they'd think we were bonkers.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Autosport wrote: »
    That means it’s time for a break and a coffee ;)

I myself am looking at snow and ice :) I’m kinda of sick of it now :D

All purchases are essential so keep on shopping :D

Just surfacing after being " proper poorly " all week.

I am seeking to buy two things but finding where to order that will deliver out here. A camping/ .portable washing machine. YOU know? I cannot after nearly five years get anyone to come out to instal the washing machine and anyways it would be cheaper to buy a simple small one than get this installed ( never been a washing machine here)

And a breadmaker.

Need back to sleep.. yawn,, YYYYAAAWWWWWWWNNNNNNNN

Speaking of frozen water, went to get the Batmobile a wash earlier as it’s a disgrace :pac: and car washer pumps were all frozen. So I’m still driving around like a peasant :D

Couchside trying to decide on dinner.

Speaking of frozen water, went to get the Batmobile a wash earlier as it’s a disgrace :pac: and car washer pumps were all frozen. So I’m still driving around like a peasant :D

Does it ever happen that the windscreen washer jets freeze over?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Couchside in front of a roaring first, feeling not too bad for the first time in a while(pandemic aside). I'm just back from a looooong walk across the frozen fields with the dog. No snow here but the far away mountains are white and look like something from a picture postcard. I'm also getting a takeaway tonight for the first time in years - the new chef in the local place has very kindly offered to adjust one of his recipes to suit my awkward dietary requirements and I am SO looking forward to it. Have a lovely weekend, all!

Does it ever happen that the windscreen washer jets freeze over?

I think there’s juice you’re supposed to put in that to stop it... and now that you mention it... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Nice to see you posting bb41, enjoy the takeaway.
    Takeaway on the way here too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Speaking of shopping, I got jarred last night and Mrs G talked me into buying a new fridge freezer. Now we already have one and a chest freezer.:eek: Her logic was as follows. Both existing appliances are regularly stuffed to the point that press space is stuffed with cordials, OJ, water and minerals awaiting transfer to the fridge to chill. The chest freezer is awkward to find mall items in. So the plan is the chest freezer will store bread. The existing fridge freezer will store frozen veg on the bottom deck with the top deck being used for butter, cheese, cooked meats etc. The new fridge freezer will store meat products in the freezer part and drinks in the fridge part.

Anyway, glad I was jarred when I ordered it from Curry's last night. In fact I think I need a drink now.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Decorations down, just the outside lights to go. That will be tomorrow....it would have made too much sense to start with them first during daylight.

My car is the exact same Dave. It hasn't seen the inside of a washer yoke in months.

I'm in the sitting room staring at the tree. We are leaving it up a while longer. Now time for some Baileys.

Nice to see you post bolgbui :)

My car is the exact same Dave. It hasn't seen the inside of a washer yoke in months.

I'm in the sitting room staring at the tree. We are leaving it up a while longer. Now time for some Baileys.

Nice to see you post bolgbui :)

MONTHS???? That’s shocking! :D Mine got a wash the week before last, so I don’t feel so bad now :pac:

Couchside. Ordered a Chinese with BB41’s talk! :)

Grandeeod, you’ll need a jar again buddy! All the freezer talk would drive ya to it !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Trundle time again.

MONTHS???? That’s shocking! :D Mine got a wash the week before last, so I don’t feel so bad now :pac:

Couchside. Ordered a Chinese with BB41’s talk! :)

Grandeeod, you’ll need a jar again buddy! All the freezer talk would drive ya to it !

I know! :D I'm a divil for the car being dirty. We have a massive tree in our front garden and I sometimes park under it. The roof of the car has weird sap like stickiness on it. Probably will ruin the paint so I'm going to have to wash it.

Lol, my car was last washed in June 2019, by the ex boyfriend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Diner eaten, wondering will I go for wine ?? I lasted an incredible 8 days off the drink..
    Hmmm !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

4Ad wrote: »
    Diner eaten, wondering will I go for wine ?? I lasted an incredible 8 days off the drink..
    Hmmm !!!!!

Go for the wine.

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote: »
    Lol, my car was last washed in June 2019, by the ex boyfriend!

Did he do that much of a bad job that you had to dump him!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement