Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

367 Days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Opinions please on
    Will Cheltenham happen
    Yes but I wouldn't rule out it being put back a few weeks...which will lead to a huge domino effect for Aintree/Punchestown etc.
    Will we have crowds
    Owners/connections as much as it'll be imo
    Will Irish horses travel
    Yes but possibly a week or two early. Logistically this could be a nightmare.
    Will Irish stable staff travel
    Bare minimum/reduced staff, I'd imagine those allowed to travel will be worked to the bone for the week to make up lack of numbers.
    Will Irish fans travel
    Definitely not, 100% certain of that. If we're allowed to leave the country by then at all we'd be lucky I'd say.

Vaccines could save it but want opinions

Vaccines won't be administered to the general public by then Rog, no way. Only way things like Cheltenham will resume is when the vast majority of the general population are vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

I think you might be looking at our vaccine roll out there Coneygree. The Brits have more vaccines and are pushing it on much quicker than as are.
    There may well be very limited numbers from Ireland travelling but I'd say there will be more in the gates than you expect.
    Could see connections, members and a few thousand general sale tickets to UK fans. Bare in mind the UK still saying they expect large numbers vaccd by spring

We on the other hand........

I'd say you could well see Irish horses, Irish staff but UK only fans
    Better than nothing for sure

I think you might be looking at our vaccine roll out there Coneygree. The Brits have more vaccines and are pushing it on much quicker than as are.
    There may well be very limited numbers from Ireland travelling but I'd say there will be more in the gates than you expect.
    Could see connections, members and a few thousand general sale tickets to UK fans. Bare in mind the UK still saying they expect large numbers vaccd by spring

I still think even if vaccines miraculously are pumped out, there will be such a bad taste in people's mouths over Cheltenham last year, which got such an amount of hate from the general public and media (a lot of it undeserved) that there will be serious pressure on the powers that be to ensure there's few in attendance. So yeah, maybe connections and a selection of members at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

I for one certainly take anything the UK government says at face value :D:D

I also don't think you fully understand how vaccines work! The UK administered their first vaccines 26 days ago, currently there are less that 1,000 vaccinated - that is from a population of over 66 Million.

''we on the other hand'' no idea what you are suggesting here? Are you genuinely suggesting that the UK have dealt with COVID better than Ireland??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭kksaints

Opinions please on
    Will Cheltenham happen
    Yes, racing is going ahead fine atm so I don't see Cheltenham been any different.
    Will we have crowds
    Owners yes and a limited number of others (less than 2,000) barring the Cheltenham area gets a very large number of cases
    Will Irish horses travel
    Yes. The ban on travel between Ireland and UK will probably be ended by the end of January
    Will Irish stable staff travel
    Yes but they might have to quarantine for 14 days beforehand and they might be banned from anything other than the stables area. Trainers and owners might not be allowed travel only grooms
    Will Irish fans travel
    No, only the bare minimum of people will be allowed. Would be ridiculously stupid to allow fans travel over as there will still be significant virus spread by March.
    Vaccines could save it but want opinions

Cheltenham got a lot of bad press last year. They won't be taking many chances with spectators this year.

• Advertisement

Pogue eile wrote: »
    I for one certainly take anything the UK government says at face value :D:D

I also don't think you fully understand how vaccines work! The UK administered their first vaccines 26 days ago, currently there are less that 1,000 vaccinated - that is from a population of over 66 Million.

''we on the other hand'' no idea what you are suggesting here? Are you genuinely suggesting that the UK have dealt with COVID better than Ireland??

If your only contribution here is to scoff and insult then kindly jog on to another thread
    Dr Pogue

If your only contribution here is to scoff and insult then kindly jog on to another thread
    Dr Pogue

Wow just wow, this takes irony to a new level completely. You are ignoring the points made or accepting you were talking through your hat?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

10 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Flip sake the Grand Annual, has been moved from Friday. Disaster, its been a week saver on loads of occasions . Mares chase in that spot

aidankkk wrote: »
    Flip sake the Grand Annual, has been moved from Friday. Disaster, its been a week saver on loads of occasions . Mares chase in that spot

Just throw the second mortgage on Beni
    She will hose up presuming PTKO goes for CC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Will she turn up there though or anywhere??

Hasn’t being seen yet this year

I have learnt the hard way that mares, both in horse racing and in general life, are far too unreliable and will ultimately cost you shed loads of money!

Ill be going Le Bag oi Roi at a big price if she goes . If bennie goes hurdling, it'll be winnable.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭famagusta

aidankkk wrote:
    Ill be going Le Bag oi Roi at a big price if she goes . If bennie goes hurdling, it'll be winnable.

Le bague is entered in the broodmare sales aidan

Wouldn't surprise me if she is retired tbh. Depends on what Rich wants. With Salsaretta flopping so bad this season he might be pressured into running Benie but she's nearly 10.

She's the only one I have backed for this but I'm sorry I didn't pull the trigger on Colreevy when I had the chance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Coneygree wrote: »
    Wouldn't surprise me if she is retired tbh. Depends on what Rich wants. With Salsaretta flopping so bad this season he might be pressured into running Benie but she's nearly 10.

She's the only one I have backed for this but I'm sorry I didn't pull the trigger on Colreevy when I had the chance.

I thought Colreevy ran poorly at the festival last year, I lost a fortune on her.

Is it possible that she goes into season early like Apples Jade? I mean she looked bullet proof before the festival, albeit Concertista was deadly I still thought she was good for a place at least. She looked good the last time out but it might be worth noting if you fancy her for the festival, she did not run well the last time.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I thought Colreevy ran poorly at the festival last year, I lost a fortune on her.

Is it possible that she goes into season early like Apples Jade? I mean she looked bullet proof before the festival, albeit Concertista was deadly I still thought she was good for a place at least. She looked good the last time out but it might be worth noting if you fancy her for the festival, she did not run well the last time.

Same, got stung badly...but she's looked lively over fences this year and is the only one standing out to me.

I thought she ran nicely against Honeysuckle, she just looked every bit her age.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Retired.

famagusta wrote: »
    Le bague is entered in the broodmare sales aidan

Didn't hear that. Hadn't backed it yet. Thats one of my horses that i wouldn't have been able to change my mind gone (probably no harm)

Same, got stung badly...but she's looked lively over fences this year and is the only one standing out to me.

I thought she ran nicely against Honeysuckle, she just looked every bit her age.

I think she is very good, but I will not follow her again if she goes to Cheltenham. As I said she underperformed - mares will do that - and I would love to hear why, it is possible that she comes into season early like Apples Jade? When you see how handy she won a Grade 1 at Christmas it would indicate that she is inconsistent at best - you don't want that when you are backing horses, it will cost you a fortune.

I would much prefer to lob on Concertista - wherever she goes next. It looks likely that she starts thriving in early Spring - she might give anything a run for its' money. I would rather be backing her at Cheltenham and save the powder on Colreevy. I don't like burning my fingers twice. That does not mean she won't win, but any value in her price will be gone now and I am happy to look elsewhere for a bet.

• Advertisement

I think she is very good, but I will not follow her again if she goes to Cheltenham. As I said she underperformed - mares will do that - and I would love to hear why, it is possible that she comes into season early like Apples Jade? When you see how handy she won a Grade 1 at Christmas it would indicate that she is inconsistent at best - you don't want that when you are backing horses, it will cost you a fortune.

I would much prefer to lob on Concertista - wherever she goes next. It looks likely that she starts thriving in early Spring - she might give anything a run for its' money. I would rather be backing her at Cheltenham and save the powder on Colreevy. I don't like burning my fingers twice. That does not mean she won't win, but any value in her price will be gone now and I am happy to look elsewhere for a bet.

Solid logic and I think it'd be unlikely I'd back her now... However all it will take is Benie to be rerouted (is that even the correct term, she's still a hurdler first and foremost) or retired and Colreevy is easily the number 1 in the market. Fwiw I can't see PTKO going for this, although I think it might be the first AP bet I make for next year as soon as she flops in the Champion Chase.

Fwiw I can't see PTKO going for this, although I think it might be the first AP bet I make for next year as soon as she flops in the Champion Chase.

De Bromhead trained, Arkle Winner, 3 from 3 over Course and Distance, 7lb allowance, fragile favourite in a race that lacks any depth.

I think at 16s She is a great bet for the QM

De Bromhead trained, Arkle Winner, 3 from 3 over Course and Distance, 7lb allowance, fragile favourite in a race that lacks any depth.

I think at 16s She is a great bet for the QM

I think so as well. But it will depend on connections. She has lovely course form and I don't think Chacun Por Soi is all that bullet proof either.

I will be waiting for decs, but if she turned up in the mares she would hose up in it. The bookies are wide to this and she would be shorter if there was any money for her there.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Patrick Mullins confirms Shewearsitwell won't make the festival

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

Patrick Mullins confirms Shewearsitwell won't make the festival

Where you seeing that ?
    Just that I have her in lot of doubles, trebles AP and cash out still available at this moment. So might have few mins to get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Where you seeing that ?
    Just that I have her in lot of doubles, trebles AP and cash out still available at this moment. So might have few mins to get out.

https://twitter.com/RacingTV/status/1347295234368139267?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭spuddiesal

I think so as well. But it will depend on connections. She has lovely course form and I don't think Chacun Por Soi is all that bullet proof either.

I will be waiting for decs, but if she turned up in the mares she would hose up in it. The bookies are wide to this and she would be shorter if there was any money for her there.

De Bromhead has said PTKO will run in champion chase. Waste of time. Has course form but what has she beat? Not champion chase material

spuddiesal wrote: »
    De Bromhead has said PTKO will run in champion chase. Waste of time. Has course form but what has she beat? Not champion chase material

Name your first four home in the QM?

Its a weak renewal where a max of 10 runners will line up. Festival form and mares allowance simply cant be ignored. Rated 155 on her novice form, add the 7lbs and the standard 10lbs progression from novice to open company and She is conceivably only 2lbs lower than the 6/4 fav.

I am not for a second saying she will win, but 16/1 is a stonking e/w bet with the make up of this race.

Not only have they changed days Aidan, it will now be run on a different course! Love a 2 mile chase myself but they seem to want to get them all out of the way early!

Under normal circumstances I usually go to the festival Tuesday and Wednesday so I guess in the long rum this will be a good thing, although the cynic in me fears that by the time we get to attend the festival again it will be a 5 day festival with a Saturday Gold Cup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Name your first four home in the QM?

Its a weak renewal where a max of 10 runners will line up. Festival form and mares allowance simply cant be ignored. Rated 155 on her novice form, add the 7lbs and the standard 10lbs progression from novice to open company and She is conceivably only 2lbs lower than the 6/4 fav.

I am not for a second saying she will win, but 16/1 is a stonking e/w bet with the make up of this race.

You cannot be serious.

Advertisement