Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Year...... New TV series

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'll watch The Voice, although couldn't be bothered last night- I can't wait for Beat the Chasers, I really enjoyed that the last time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Loughc wrote: »
    Now the Christmas tv is over for another season new shows will make their way back for new seasons.

The Voice U.K. is back tonight on Virgin Media One.

The masked singer season 2 continues tonight on virgin media one too. Great cheesy Saturday night fun.

Beat the chasers is back tomorrow night and Mond-Friday prime time Virgin media one.

Married at first sight Australia is back on E4 on Monday night.

Ireland’s fittest families back tomorrow night on RTÉ one.

Death in Paradise starts back on BBC1 on Thursday.

One the OH and I really enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,786 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Arctic Murders season 2 starts friday on More4 with a new lead actress in the role of Rebecca Martinsson.

Not Going Out also has new episodes on BBC1 friday night.

Rick Stein has a new show about Cornwall airing daily on BBC2 at 630.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    I'll watch The Voice, although couldn't be bothered last night- I can't wait for Beat the Chasers, I really enjoyed that the last time. :)

Beat the chasers was exceptional last time. Great tv viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,148 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Nothing on that list would excite me to be honest.
    Apart from Beat the Chasers.
    I'm looking to Pembrokeshire Murders tough.

• Advertisement

Is Pembrokeshire Murders a new programme, or something that was already shown in the UK thirty years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,148 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Is Pembrokeshire Murders a new programme, or something that was already shown in the UK thirty years ago?

I think it's new but I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

TRS30 wrote: »
    Death in Paradise starts back on BBC1 on Thursday.

One the OH and I really enjoy.

Oh good, something new to watch. With only 8 episodes per season it's always so long to wait for the next season. Not a reality tv fan at all.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

tscul32 wrote: »
    Not a reality tv fan at all.

Complete get that. For me it’s easier to throw on something mindless after a 12 hour day in work than something that requires a keeping up with convoluted plot, I leave them for the weekends.

Complete get that. For me it’s easier to throw on something mindless after a 12 hour day in work than something that requires a keeping up with convoluted plot, I leave them for the weekends.

Am like this at times as well. Not a reality tv fan either so that's why I like things like Death in Paradise. Is easy watching and you don't have to concentrate too hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

Nothing on that list would excite me to be honest.
    Apart from Beat the Chasers.
    I'm looking to Pembrokeshire Murders tough.

Pembrokeshire Murders looks good & series 2 of The Bay is on later this month on itv.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Not Going Out also has new episodes on BBC1 friday night.
    Thanks, I actually enjoy that !
    I caught the end of the Christmas special and thought was only a once-off.

Also saw that This Is Going To Hurt has been adapted for screen and will air in BBC Two, release date still TBC although I saw it as: early 2021.
    Would def watch it as loved the book.

Oooh, that's a great book!

The Big Fat Quiz of Everything is on Channel 4 tonight at 9pm for 2 hours. I love the show as it's similar to The Big Fat Quiz of the Year that's on over Christmas so it always gives me the Christmas feels.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,104 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Oooh, that's a great book!

Read his other one 'The Nightshift before Christmas' before Christmas (that sounds odd as I write it) and its a great read.

Haven't read the first one but have it on my tablet, so must get around to it soon.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

It's a really good read, make sure you do get around to it! :)

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Watching Big fat quiz on channel 4. What happened Jimmy carrs hair!

DvB wrote: »
    Watching Big fat quiz on channel 4. What happened Jimmy carrs hair!

He got a hair transplant.

He got a hair transplant.

Ahhhh, that explains it. Looks so different.

• Advertisement

It completely changes his whole appearance!!

I have started Back to Life on Netflix. It's really good, and only 6 episodes, so I think I'll blitz it all over the weekend!

Have got hooked on the Jack Ryan series on Amazon Prime. 3 episodes night before last and 2 last night. Loved the books and series pretty good so far.

Have got hooked on the Jack Ryan series on Amazon Prime. 3 episodes night before last and 2 last night. Loved the books as series pretty good so far.

Series 1 is just fantastic, series 2 is only ok, still watchable but a let down from the brilliant first season.

Have got hooked on the Jack Ryan series on Amazon Prime. 3 episodes night before last and 2 last night. Loved the books as series pretty good so far.

Keep meaning to watch that, like yourself loved the books. Must make a new list of things to watch actually. Just finishing season 3 of the crown atm, one more season of that and we'll be looking for something to move on to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

I also recommend the Jack Ryan series, thought it was really good.

Series 1 is just fantastic, series 2 is only ok, still watchable but a let down from the brilliant first season.

Didn't bother reading any of the intro etc wasn't sure if was based on the Dad or the son!

Loving Jim Greer so far, doesn't give a f*** :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,786 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If you like Jack Ryan, then Condor might appeal. There's been two seasons so far, each season tells an independent story.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Started watching cobra kai, the karate kid follow up, have to say its started pretty decent.

Started watching cobra kai, the karate kid follow up, have to say its started pretty decent.

Heard nothing but good things. It’s on my to watch list.

• Advertisement

Could somebody watch it if they've never seen and know absolutely nothing about the Karate Kid?

Asking for a friend. >_>

Advertisement