Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    At least, both Pence and McConnell are holding fast to the Constitution which is a relief...

They are in extreme damage control mode, they can see the trump fallout destroying the GOP

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I’ve been listening to Mitch McConnell speaking in the senate and bar a few buzz words about the democrats and the medja being against us it’s clear that he thinks the whole thing by his senate colleagues is a very bad move and his remarks so far will not please trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I’ve been listening to Mitch McConnell speaking in the senate and bar a few buzz words about the democrats and the medja being against us it’s clear that he thinks the whole thing by his senate colleagues is a very bad move and his remarks so far will not please trump.

"not please trump" is the understatement of the year so far... Trump will be absolutely LIVID! This is basically a massive chasm that has opened up between Tru mp and the GOP! Pence and Mc Connell have cut him adrift on a raft of lies of his own making..

Protestors have now broken through the barriers below the Capitol steps and have moved onto those steps.. Police are holding them back... For now!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,215 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Sen Toomey had an excellent speech on the fundamentals of democratic electoral system. The election in each state is not a federal issue. The Houses of Congress have no role in deciding which states they accepts votes from. Very clear he recognises the decision of the people.

• Advertisement

Jeebus H Christy!!!

Police have now withdrawn inside the building and the Capitol's East Front has been taken over by hundreds of protestors! No police presence right now!! Of course, no police goon squads, baton wielding police thugs on view- they're probably in the Proud Boys crowd on the steps..

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

Seditionists - Time for the National Guard to earn their pay

• Registered Users Posts: 21,524 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

House has just gone in to recess with reports the capitol is now on lockdown.

Incredible.

And all this incited by the 'SITTING' President.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Jeebus H Christy!!!

Police have now withdrawn inside the building and the Capitol's East Front has been taken over by hundreds of protestors! No police presence right now!! Of course, no police goon squads, baton wielding police thugs on view- they're probably in the Proud Boys crowd on the steps..

Protesters breaching multiple police lines, including inside the building, and still not even riot police deployed while family BLM marches see hundreds of riot police.

This can't be just incompetence from the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

They are in the building now. This is crazy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Okay this is out of control now I fear we may see violence

• Registered Users Posts: 32,306 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,274 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Okay this is out of control now I fear we may see violence
    At this stage I hope we see violence from the protestors because that will be the most effective way to kill off the movement... I'd also expect to see the national guard there to protect the democracy but they are white and armed so of course they will not dare to show up exactly like the police, brother in arms and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,097 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Unbelievable. I never, ever thought this would happen.

Where are the national guard? Where are the riot police? If this was BLM they’re be swarmed by now.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

6 wrote: »
    Trumps legacy. Hands total control to Democrats. Quite fitting.

First incumbent since 1932 to lose the presidential, house and senate votes all in one.

Trump almost certainly shouted down about the 25th Amendment if he refused to control this chaos.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1346904110969315332?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Okay this is all kind of crazy they are in the dial of the house

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Nody wrote: »
    At this stage I hope we see violence from the protestors because that will be the most effective way to kill off the movement... I'd also expect to see the national guard there to protect the democracy but they are white and armed so of course they will not dare to show up exactly like the police, brother in arms and all that.
    Anyone want to guess who the Commander in Chief of the Washington DC National Guard is?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

After this the media narrative HAS to be that these Trumpists are domestic terrorists and traitors to their nation. If this was BLM there'd be dead protestors already and excessive police force to spare. Instead an open act of sedition was allowed to take place in DC. Calling them protestors from here on in would be a laughable dereliction of duty from the Press.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,124 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Cruz et al absolutely need to be charged with sedition over this. And Trump's resumed federal executions...

Brian? wrote: »
    Unbelievable. I never, ever thought this would happen.

Where are the national guard? Where are the riot police? If this was BLM they’re be swarmed by now.

This is the end of the Republican party if this isn't the immediately conclusion to "objections."

What Senator is going to DARE sponsor an objection that gives even more oxygen to this sedition-movement outside, now, when they've stormed the Capitol and have exhanged gunfire inside? It would be the end of the party. No more "Yeah well Dixiecrats dur hur" it would just be "the party of shooting up the Capitol bldg when it loses elections"

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

L1011 wrote: »
    Cruz et al absolutely need to be charged with sedition over this. And Trump's resumed federal executions...

If they insist on continuing with their sh*te once this all settles down then absolutely, they have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,274 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

First death in Capitol Hill reported on live stream by so far three different persons.

And guess what; what a surprise:
    https://twitter.com/byaaroncdavis/status/1346908166030766080

• Registered Users Posts: 33,820 ✭✭✭✭listermint

All of this comes back to Mitch mc connell.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,524 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Suggestion that a request for the National Guard to be deployed has been rejected! Fcuking Hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Never thought it would get this bad, even as low as Trump went, never in my wildest thoughts did I see chaos like this every transpiring.

Such a shame to see, it really is.

Everything here is straight out of the fascist playbook.

• Advertisement

Suggestion that a request for the National Guard to be deployed has been rejected! Fcuking Hell.

That's why Esper was removed as secretary of defense a few weeks ago and a trump loyalist installed.

Advertisement