Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

American politics went into the sewer 5 years ago and it's going to take a long, long time for the stench and sickness that has resulted to be cleaned up, if it ever can be.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,692 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

dogbert27 wrote: »
    So once things are back up and running and Biden gets certified, is that it?

Has Trump then officially run out of all his Hail Mary's?

A coup:pac:

and yes I am joking

• Registered Users Posts: 10,692 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

American politics went into the sewer 5 years ago and it's going to take a long, long time for the stench and sickness that has resulted to be cleaned up, if it ever can be.

Remember when we all taught Bush was the most polarized

• Registered Users Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Remember when we all taught Bush was the most polarized

Yeah I was thinking when did the Republicans go full batsxxt and I was thinking the arrival of Palin on the scene with her "I can see Russia from where I live so I am qualified for Foreign Policy" nonsense and after years of her came the Tea Party movement which sowed the seeds for Trump and his supporters as when the tea party broke down these people needed something to grab on to and along came Trump as their saviour, who wasn't just another career politician, promising to get things done as he lived in the real world like them

• Registered Users Posts: 21,135 ✭✭✭✭Water John

It goes back to the Newt Gingrich era and the impeachment of Clinton on spurious grounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Treason charge for Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,135 ✭✭✭✭Water John

House reconvening at 8 pm ET.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Water John wrote: »
    It goes back to the Newt Gingrich era and the impeachment of Clinton on spurious grounds.

yep. it all started with Newt. he has a LOT to answer for.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,884 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Putin must be sitting back and laughing his hole off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Headshot wrote: »
    Putin Xi Jinping must be sitting back and laughing his hole off
    FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,411 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Kim must be sitting back and laughing his hole off

theguzman wrote: »
    FYP

FY FYP :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

FY FYP :pac:

Its all three, and Erdogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

It will make fascinating reading in years to come. Best intelligence op ever

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

And China. Would be fairly sure a few central American countries are enjoying it too. Can imagine Mexico laughing as well.

What an absolute **** show. How could they get in. If it was al Qaeda would they be there for a couple of hours.

What a complete embarrassment for such a strong country.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,411 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

And China. Would be fairly sure a few central American countries are enjoying it too. Can imagine Mexico laughing as well.

What an absolute **** show. How could they get in. If it was al Qaeda would they be there for a couple of hours.

Hugo Chavez must be spinning in his grave laughing, it was his software after all that caused all of this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,269 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Trump locked out of Twitter, and possibly banned. His propaganda machine gone.

It's all going pear shaped for Don.

Fox gone
    Twitter gone
    Republicans gone bar a few.
    Pence gone
    Democrats to have control of both houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

I don't know, US police have a bit of a tendency for being a little more lax when it comes to Y'All Qaeda.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

6 wrote: »
    Trump locked out of Twitter, and possibly banned. His propaganda machine gone.

It's all going pear shaped for Don.

Fox gone
    Twitter gone
    Republicans gone bar a few.
    Pence gone
    Democrats to have control of both houses.

Now is when he is at his most dangerous

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

114 133 Republicans still object to Pennsylvania's vote. Absolutely crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Biden is now fully confirmed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Biden is now fully confirmed

Shame Trump is banned from Twitter and is unable to congratulate him! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

froog wrote: »
    yep. it all started with Newt. he has a LOT to answer for.

Gingrich, Roger Stone, Roger Ailes, Rush Limbaugh.. those four guys as much as anyone are the reason Trump is in the White House thanks to their decades of lie peddling and conspiracy bs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

the *antifa infiltrated trump supporters* conspiracy theories would be the funniest thing ever if it wasnt proving so damn effective among trump supporters :(

highlights for me

The photo of the buffolo skin wearing guy that is cropped specifically to hide him holding a Q Anon poster and then titling it as him being part of a BLM march

The zooming in on a tattoo on one guys hand claiming it's the hammer and sickle when its actually a logo from a video game (dishonoured)

A guys face being matched to a photo from a antifa website indicating he is antifa, leaving out the photo is from a page listing members of a neo nazi movement.

claims that one guy is showing off his trump hat too much so he's obviously not a real trumper

And the best, some on twitter who drew a ms paint outline of a guy in a black hoodie and saying he is obviously antifa without any reason and over another one and said they couldnt be a trump supporter as they had dreadlocks and looked homeless

(https://twitter.com/vjcrispell/status/1346951733247819776/photo/1)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

The dumbass James Conner from Republicans Abroad attempted to claim it was an Antifa protest when on with PBH this morning, and was given short thrift for his bull****. It's questionable if he should have been on in the first place though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Hurrache wrote: »
    The dumbass James Conner from Republicans Abroad attempted to claim it was an Antifa protest when on with PBH this morning, and was given short thrift for his bull****. It's questionable if he should have been on in the first place though.
    Ah I missed that, would love to have heard ol' Phil destroying that guy. Instead I was listening to some other absolute ****e on Newstalk because apparently I love to get super angry in the mornings

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭paul71

Hurrache wrote: »

What is PBH?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

paul71 wrote: »
    What is PBH?

Philip Boucher Hayes I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭jem

I put on fox news radio this morning through alexa.
    They are still spining about the election been stolen.
    also a some of them were saying that Antifa were had probably infiltrated the protest and had caused the trouble.

It is the likes of this that are adding to the the flames of the usa.
    I have a feeling this is going to get worse rather than better.

I would worry as to what the mad trump will do in the next 2 weeks , one thing for sure he will do everything he can to make it impossible for Biden.
    I read that he has made changes to envoirmental rules in the past couple of days, this will get worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭Christy42

jem wrote: »
    I put on fox news radio this morning through alexa.
    They are still spining about the election been stolen.
    also a some of them were saying that Antifa were had probably infiltrated the protest and had caused the trouble.

It is the likes of this that are adding to the the flames of the usa.
    I have a feeling this is going to get worse rather than better.

I would worry as to what the mad trump will do in the next 2 weeks , one thing for sure he will do everything he can to make it impossible for Biden.
    I read that he has made changes to envoirmental rules in the past couple of days, this will get worse.

Wonder what those on the front lines of the capitol take over feel like. They charged in for what they believed in (as crazy as their beliefs are) and are now being referred to as enemy plants. Must be pretty demoralising.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Christy42 wrote: »
    Wonder what those on the front lines of the capitol take over feel like. They charged in for what they believed in (as crazy as their beliefs are) and are now being referred to as enemy plants. Must be pretty demoralising.
    I think you got that wrong honestly; they all know that they did not behave that way so clearly it had to be antifa plants that did all the bad stuff. I mean we're talking about supporters who can't quote a single factual proof of the steal (but got plenty of hearsay and conspiracy theories to peddle as "proof" which when hold up to the light turns out false and they pull out another one) and refuse to accept anything that proves it wrong and thinks chanting "stop the count" in one state and "continue the count" in another state is perfectly normal.

Advertisement