Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tested Positive.. so what next?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

wonski wrote: »
    6 months ago you were 18 years old.

Now you had teenage daughter.

Cut this crap ;)

Your credibility level is zero so stop wasting other posters time.

Link to the post where they were 18?

Are we being super-trolled?

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Your reply is hyperbole nonsense

5% of all Irish cases so far have been hospitalized.

Confirmed cases from tests? I thought you were part of the stats thread form day 1 that have plenty of mainstream links to various medics from Italy, Spain etc that said take confirmed cases and X10 at least?

I'm sure you are a nice lad/lass but you seem to be riddled with anxiety about this thing from your posts. Have you considered engaging with your GP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

YFlyer wrote: »
    Could your wife and child contribute to each other viral load?

not sure I understand ?

wife tested positive and was isolated for 2 weeks in bedroom, as I understand it once you are passed the infectious period (2weeks) - you obtain some form of immunity, so child would not have contributed to viral load of wife,

I guess in theory, when she left room she would have carried some viral load - but when she exited clothes etc were removed and she went into the shower in main bathroom, and put on new clothes - the clothes she wore while in the bedroom were kept in the bedroom until I was able to exit (everything was washed at a high temperature and the room cleaned from top to bottom)

Needless to say - we did everything we could think of to try to stop the spread within our house, thankfully one of the kids never received a positive result - after 3 tests !

Our fear is the possible long-term effects, we don't know if this may have an effect on the kids as they go into puberty.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Eh it's a pandemic. What rock you living under .

You are a massive lump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭bilbot79

JDMC2 wrote: »
    Yeah but we had all been exposed to my daughter before she tested positive.
    We reckoned we were all going to get it anyway.....so took the chance.

Crazy. Absolutely crazy. If someone told you your aeroplane had a 1% chance of crashing would you get on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

Tested + early wed morning pre flight test was to fly next morning got a call wed night no syptoms as yet, in isolation my gp says 10 days from the test.
    think I got it on a flight from spain previous sat wore mask all the time, no hand to face and clean areas with wipes.
    Vaccine wont come for its the HSE after all i was to get a call form them never happened, there will be imunity build effect over the next couple of months unfortunately it fairly unstoppable at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭RioM

TonyM. wrote: »
    I tested positive today as well. I thought it was only the flu .

Got tested today. At 44 I've never had the flu so when I got severe musle joint and back pain I got worried. What were your symptoms?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

5% of been hospitalised??

LIE, LIE, LIE.

What percentage go to hospital?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

RioM wrote: »
    Got tested today. At 44 I've never had the flu so when I got severe musle joint and back pain I got worried. What were your symptoms?

I’ve never heard joint pain and back pain mentioned as symptoms.....? What makes you think it is covid...?

Did you have to pay for the test?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

agoodpunt wrote: »
    Tested + early wed morning pre flight test was to fly next morning got a call wed night no syptoms as yet, in isolation my gp says 10 days from the test.
    think I got it on a flight from spain previous sat wore mask all the time, no hand to face and clean areas with wipes.
    Vaccine wont come for its the HSE after all i was to get a call form them never happened, there will be imunity build effect over the next couple of months unfortunately it fairly unstoppable at this stage

Is English your first language....? I don’t quite understand your post/points you make....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Crazy. Absolutely crazy. If someone told you your aeroplane had a 1% chance of crashing would you get on it?

Well... yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

Taking the fourth member of the household to get tested today, So far two positive and 1 negative which I am struggling to rationalize (given the negative shares a bed + couch with one of the positives...)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

schmoo2k wrote: »
    Taking the fourth member of the household to get tested today, So far two positive and 1 negative which I am struggling to rationalize (given the negative shares a bed + couch with one of the positives...)

It could be a false negative. If there's people in the house with symptoms and there's also positive cases in the house, I would be taking that as a false negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

The negative potentially already had it earlier in 2020?

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »
    I’ve never heard joint pain and back pain mentioned as symptoms.....? What makes you think it is covid...?

Did you have to pay for the test?

Had temp and cough as well and partner has worse symptoms but the worst is the back pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,241 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Emmmm.

No 5% of Irish cases have not been hospitalised.

Stop spreading lies and fear.

It could be a false negative. If there's people in the house with symptoms and there's also positive cases in the house, I would be taking that as a false negative.

I concur, there are more folks in the bubble getting tested which might help tell the story...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Prove that please. I agree that it's nonsense.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

The negative potentially already had it earlier in 2020?

Not sure - but if they had had it, they should have spread to rest of household (its a family unit not a rental type scenario).

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Had temp and cough as well and partner has worse symptoms but the worst is the back pain.

Myself and wife both woke up Monday morning with aches and pains in legs and back. No other symptoms Monday or Tuesday, apart from aches and pains going into arms and wrists, and ankles. Wife's temp Tuesday night was 37.8. Woke up Wednesday morning and my temp was +38, hers was fine again. Rang doc and went for tests Wed evening. Got results late last night, both positive.

When I went for the test Wed, I felt fine again. Temp has only been over 38 once. Woke yesterday morning feeling ok (spent the morning doing housework!) but wife had splitting headaches. I got tired and achy again yesterday afternoon, and started to get a burning sensation in chest. Wife's symptoms are now headache and synis type pain. Mine is fatigue and heavy chest (occasional cough but feeling it will get worse).

• Advertisement

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Myself and wife both woke up Monday morning with aches and pains in legs and back. No other symptoms Monday or Tuesday, apart from aches and pains going into arms and wrists, and ankles. Wife's temp Tuesday night was 37.8. Woke up Wednesday morning and my temp was +38, hers was fine again. Rang doc and went for tests Wed evening. Got results late last night, both positive.

When I went for the test Wed, I felt fine again. Temp has only been over 38 once. Woke yesterday morning feeling ok (spent the morning doing housework!) but wife had splitting headaches. I got tired and achy again yesterday afternoon, and started to get a burning sensation in chest. Wife's symptoms are now headache and synis type pain. Mine is fatigue and heavy chest (occasional cough but feeling it will get worse).

Sounds very similar to us. Husband has the splitting headache here. Still waiting on results but as back pain had eased and only a little congested today I was hoping it wasn't it or I was on the mend myself. Hope you both are doing OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Anyone lose their sense of taste???? Mine and the wife seem to have lost ours overnight. What the timeframe on that returning?..

Sounds very similar to us. Husband has the splitting headache here. Still waiting on results but as back pain had eased and only a little congested today I was hoping it wasn't it or I was on the mend myself. Hope you both are doing OK.

We are ok thanks, mixture of worry and shock/embarrasment that we got it as we would be known with our family & friends to have been so careful.

The symptoms are really worrying in how you could think you don't have it. Like you the aches and pains went away at different times, and as we had spent Xmas with the wife's family (think roaring fires combined with doors and windows open for fresh air) we had assumed it was chills in our bones and had gone. Only got temp on day 3, and it was only once. And only on day 4 did any sort of cough develop with one of us.

Really have to assume you have it if you get any sort of symtoms.

Masala wrote: »
    Anyone lose their sense of taste???? Mine and the wife seem to have lost ours overnight. What the timeframe on that returning?..

No nothing like that for us.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I know a guy whose parents are very elderly and share a room in a nursing home. The father, who has dementia, tested positive. It was put to the family what they'd like to do and under the mother's insistence she remained in the same room as her husband throughout.

She never contacted the virus and he made a good recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lemmno

humberklog wrote: »
    I know a guy whose parents are very elderly and share a room in a nursing home. The father, who has dementia, tested positive. It was put to the family what they'd like to do and under the mother's insistence she remained in the same room as her husband throughout.

She never contacted the virus and he made a good recovery.

I’m very surprised the nursing home allowed that or even gave them the option. Glad it all worked out for them though.

We are ok thanks, mixture of worry and shock/embarrasment that we got it as we would be known with our family & friends to have been so careful.

The symptoms are really worrying in how you could think you don't have it. Like you the aches and pains went away at different times, and as we had spent Xmas with the wife's family (think roaring fires combined with doors and windows open for fresh air) we had assumed it was chills in our bones and had gone. Only got temp on day 3, and it was only once. And only on day 4 did any sort of cough develop with one of us.

Really have to assume you have it if you get any sort of symtoms.

We've locked ourselves away since first symptoms and like you we've been the boring ones that followed the rules, met very few so have no idea how we could have caught it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

If you did what you were supposed to then there is nothing to be embarrassed about.

Its those that have it/got it and didn't follow the guidelines that need to be embarrassed.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Eh it's a pandemic. What rock you living under .

Yea it is . However everyone knows how they got it.. but won’t say. I have my bubbles.. I don’t know one person who has had or has it.

That says a lot about my bubbles and far more about others.

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,010 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Masala wrote: »

Thats a common reported symptom... have read weeks for some ppl.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement