Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee Bargains

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Bailies: Get 10% off coffee beans and coffee subscriptions with code: TAKE10. Valid until midnight 07/12/20.

Coffeeangel: 10% OFF your first purchase. Simply use NEWSHOP at checkout.*

*10% off your first purchase only. Not valid with any other promotion or discount. T&C's apply. Valid until December 31st 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

DilD wrote: »
    Timemore C2. But you are better get it off AliExpress as it's half the price as buying here, obviously won't have it before xmas then though... The Harios are pretty poor grinders for the price

Thanks. Hadn’t heard of that. Sounds great. Might get one myself at some point but will grab something cheaper for the gift.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Timemore C2. But you are better get it off AliExpress as it's half the price as buying here, obviously won't have it before xmas then though... The Harios are pretty poor grinders for the price

Pretty decent amazon price here, not that much more expensive than they are going for on Aliexpress and delivered by December 16th:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08CV3WPX1/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A38OSZRHBCMTVK&psc=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭DilD

adrian522 wrote: »
    Pretty decent amazon price here, not that much more expensive than they are going for on Aliexpress and delivered by December 16th:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08CV3WPX1/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A38OSZRHBCMTVK&psc=1

WHAT!!!!

That's €87. I got mine for €40 on AliExpress. Do not pay more than €40-45 for one. They come on offer there very often.

Even right now they are just €56, keep an eye and they will go down soon.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10000022721998.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.61524e74mIL6KJ&algo_pvid=567543e3-782b-4c00-8364-2985d758543a&algo_expid=567543e3-782b-4c00-8364-2985d758543a-0&btsid=0b0a556c16072747993211035ec991&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Each to their own, I don't think €30 is a huge price to pay to not have to wait 6+ weeks for it.

• Advertisement

Each to their own, I don't think €30 is a huge price to pay to not have to wait 6+ weeks for it.

€30 in itself may not be a large sum, but in context to the price paid it is almost 60% more expensice than AliExpress right now and 115% more expensive than I paid. That is a big difference for such an item. I'm not a fan of paying double for items just because, I'm seeing coffee shops all around now selling the C2 for €80-90, a joke.

Also, it came in 2 weeks.

Why is it a joke? Because they can't match the price of a chinese website?

I'm happy to pay a premium to support coffee shops I like. I also value the ability to be able to buy locally and have the product that day and know it will be sorted out if it develops any problems.

Why is it a joke? Because they can't match the price of a chinese website?

I'm happy to pay a premium to support coffee shops I like. I also value the ability to be able to buy locally and have the product that day and know it will be sorted out if it develops any problems.

It's a joke as it is more than double the price. You do realise that these local cafes are getting the stock from China? Timemore is a Chinese company, so I highly doubt they are paying anything close to the prices on AliExpress, meaning they are gaining a very healthy profit. Bravo to them if they can get people to pay double for an item. Don't get me wrong, I support local cafes every day, but there's a difference between 'paying a premium' and paying over 100% more for an item.

Just making sure the OP knows that the option to get the item for far less is there, they may be ok with the longer time and use the savings to get some good locally roasted beans, everyone is a winner :)

I'll leave the argument there.

It's not more than double the price if its €56 on aliexpress though.

I'll leave the argument there.

It's not more than double the price if its €56 on aliexpress though.

There's no argument, just a conversation!

It will be on offer again on Ali as it always is, I paid €40 only weeks ago which is less than half. No hostility from me btw, just ensuring OP has as much info for their purchase, I know I spent hours digging for the right option for me before I bought! Have a good night!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

It's a joke as it is more than double the price. You do realise that these local cafes are getting the stock from China?

Simply not true. Some may, but you can't make that sort of statement carte blanche. A lot of roasters pride themselves of fair trade, cup of excellence, etc. So it's not always simply about the quick buck no matter what some people may think.

I'm also of the view that we should support local business where possible, practical and reasonable. Aliexpress is fine but the lead times are normally extraordinary, quality is often compromised and you have no consumer rights trading out of China via Ali.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

sorry for late reply .. i go tmy delivery from velo on Friday the 4th.. they threw in a pen and some jelly beans too and a Christmas card type thing telling me i was on the good list...
    really nice touch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭mossie

sorry for late reply .. i go tmy delivery from velo on Friday the 4th.. they threw in a pen and some jelly beans too and a Christmas card type thing telling me i was on the good list...
    really nice touch

Still waiting, maybe tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭actuar90

I saw some good offers on the sage bambino plus earlier in the year, around the 300 mark. None seem to be in stock now, any suggestions where I could pick one up without paying silly money?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

actuar90 wrote: »
    I saw some good offers on the sage bambino plus earlier in the year, around the 300 mark. None seem to be in stock now, any suggestions where I could pick one up without paying silly money?

Seen them in curry's and harvey norman - but only reduced by 50 quid on BF sales, I imagine they will go the same way on stephens day.

Another thread had someone buying sage fro cheaper on ebay with 1 yr warranty!! Or see if breville are selling under their name here (Breville and sage are the same but breville versions seem a little less money)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭mossie

actuar90 wrote: »

I bough one from Velo a couple of months ago for €289 which was the best price I could find. Still on there for the same price but out of stock,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,540 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I'm calling the Velo India (Ratnagiri Estate Catuai) from Aldi a bargain. Reminds me very much of the West Cork coffee Barundi, even if it was likely roasted 30th Sep.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭caviardreams

cnocbui wrote: »
    I'm calling the Velo India (Ratnagiri Estate Catuai) from Aldi a bargain. Reminds me very much of the West Cork coffee Barundi, even if it was likely roasted 30th Sep.

It was sold out in my Aldi and is a once off I believe. They have a new single origin Brazilian bean (BMX) in Dunnes from now on which is permanent

• Registered Users Posts: 19,540 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The Kenyan beans from Aldi are a bargain for the money. Very drinkable. I also picked up a bag of the Sumatran but haven't tried it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,000 ✭✭✭mad m

Free V60 kit with an order of two microlot coffees from Bailies

Enter code

FREEFILTERPACK

https://www.bailiescoffee.com/collections/coffee-beans/microlot

Don’t forget to actually add the V60 kit as well as it doesn’t do it automatically

• Advertisement

cnocbui wrote: »
    The Kenyan beans from Aldi are a bargain for the money. Very drinkable. I also picked up a bag of the Sumatran but haven't tried it yet.

I tried the Sumantran I think (it was the no 5 one anyway) and it was terrible - a really dark roast that was just burnt and bitter and nothing to it. Threw out the bag, but might try the kenyan if you think it;s worth a go.

15% off west cork coffee until midnight tonight: COFFEE15

Some cheer and caffeine-sustenance after the disappointment of more restrictions!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Any know of a good value decaf from an Irish roaster? I have been using ponaire for years but would like to try a few others.
    Ponaire is €22 per kilo for whole beans

Any know of a good value decaf from an Irish roaster? I have been using ponaire for years but would like to try a few others.
    Ponaire is €22 per kilo for whole beans

Coffee Angel is 33 per kg - they have 10% off until end of today with code NEWSHOP I think + free delivery so today it would be €30 all in.
    Have to admit I wasn't mad about it and found it a bit burnt and bitter but am new to decaff s maybe that's inevitable!
    https://coffeeangel.com/collections/coffee/products/montalvo-decaffeinated-colombia?variant=37441151434901&selling_plan=

Lots of good feedback on 3FE's decaff though I haven't tried it yet.

2kg from Badger & dodo for €55 delivered maybe? https://badgeranddodo.ie/shop/mountain-water-decaffeinated/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

Bailies are giving a free v60 filter pack away if you order two microlots. Details are on Instagram. Pretty good deal if someone's after a v60.

Anyone figure out a good way to get cheap delivery from Rave again?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭breeno

Bell Lane are doing a half price bag of coffee when you buy the Clever Dripper.

Tried it on a 1kg bag of house blend and it worked out at 43 quid for the clever and 1kg. Great deal.

breeno wrote: »
    Bell Lane are doing a half price bag of coffee when you buy the Clever Dripper.

Tried it on a 1kg bag of house blend and it worked out at 43 quid for the clever and 1kg. Great deal.

Just looked at them there - 24.50 for 1kg house blend not too bad - any experience with roasting dates v delivery?

Just looked at them there - 24.50 for 1kg house blend not too bad - any experience with roasting dates v delivery?

I've ordered form Bell Lane 7 or 8 times at this stage and always get the beans 2-3 days after roast date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Glebee

I've ordered form Bell Lane 7 or 8 times at this stage and always get the beans 2-3 days after roast date

Ive used them a lot in the past and always get great dates, ill just put it down to Christmas rush. I really do like there beans..

Advertisement