Advertisement
Where is Report Post on mobile? We've made a slight change, see here
Have your say on the future of the 'Save Draft' feature in this poll
MODs please see this information notice in the mod's forum. Thanks!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

Coffee Bargains

Comments

• thanks so much.. i shall get on the aeropress for the afternoon:)

• Feel very uncouth with my 20g:250ml ratios for a strong cup.

• There's about 1000 ways to make aeropress, there's no right or wrong, whatever works for you.

Personally I wouldn't let the coffee sit for 2+ mins, the method I use that produces best results for me takes 1 min start to finish, plus 30 seconds plunge time.

• Yep, it's a great piece of kit!

Nothing wrong with giving the advice when it's asked for, or outlining steps that get me to a coffee I enjoy.

• Lidl appear to have a good Delonghi coffee machine on offer next Monday!

It's €129 and same one in Brown Thomas is €299!

I'm on phone unable to post link and unsure of model number

• Advertisement

• It’s this one. Takes pods and ground coffee

Sorry can’t attach photo.

• IrishHomer wrote: »
    Lidl appear to have a good Delonghi coffee machine on offer next Monday!

It's €129 and same one in Brown Thomas is €299!

I'm on phone unable to post link and unsure of model number

Delonghi Vintage Icona by the looks of it. See it on sale on currys uk for 139 pound so seems lidl are doing a good deal on it.

Quick Google indicate its a grand coffee machine with a mediocre steam wand.

Guess it depends on how it compares to others at this price, dedica in my opinion looks nicer and neater for little more at full price 200 euro in Harvey Norman.

Delonghi is a well known brand and seems a good deal especially if your kick starting.

• I have one of them, and it's about 8 years old. It needs to be descaled regularly as we live in a hard water area, but that's it. I see a comment above about the steam wand. It's ok, but we aren't into Latte Art or anything fancy like that.

It makes passable to good espresso in my opinion, there seems to be good pressure and the puck is normally not flooded, and there doesn't seem to be channelling. When I have espresso-specific beans, it makes nice coffee.

• Oh, don't get that machine if you can't grind your coffee fine enough!

The ESE Pods are normally a good price on Discount Coffee though, the stuff in them is ok, but freshness would be questionable.

• I always grind fresh beans so the coffee pods not an issue for me

• Advertisement

• Just an FYI, Velo is now free shipping on orders over €40 not 35 any more.

Been reading this forum over the last couple of weeks, so gave in and bought an aeropress.

• 10% off your entire order at velocoffee.ie this weekend: COFFEE10

• Some good value on coffee click clearance section for cleaning products: https://www.coffeeclick.ie/product-category/special-offers/clearance-sales/

• Yeah i have been drinking it for about 3 years, so just looking to see what else is out there.
    Found mccabes have a good offer on 3 x 1kg for €54.95 shipped:
    https://mccabecoffee.com/product/ground-decaf/

Its similar to ponaire, great value.
    Price has increased from 51 plus postage to 58.50 plus postage now. Not as good, but still good value.

• 17% off coffee at Velo today only for paddy's day: VeloPaddy17

• Velo are taking the piss with their 200 and 225g bags.

• 10% off at WCC till midnight on good friday - code: GoodCoffee

Hopefully some more easter codes on the way!

• 10% off the Congo at WCC:

https://westcorkcoffee.ie/shop/congo

10% code: BH10

• Lidl have their Bella Lungo and Bella Cappuccino 50% off on their app from 03/06
    https://www.lidl.nl/p/assortiment-koffie/koffiecups-bella-caffe-lungo/p43419

• Half price aeropresses and other brewing equipment at coffeedrop.ie!

• Advertisement

Lovely, grabbed an aeropress go for the eventual return to the office. Those bodum french presses are nice too

• Aeropress go coz you'll never know when you need good coffee

• Holy moly that's a great price!

How would that compare to a Bialetti pot in terms of quality of coffee?

• How would that compare to a Bialetti pot in terms of quality of coffee?

Way less hassle, and in my opinion the Aerporess and Clever Dripper are tied for best manual brewers available.

The Aero is very forgiving and there are loads of recipes available to get the best, and different, types of coffee from it.

Of course it's all subjective, but for nineteen quid I think you're losing out by not owning an Aeropress

• Way less hassle, and in my opinion the Aerporess and Clever Dripper are tied for best manual brewers available.

The Aero is very forgiving and there are loads of recipes available to get the best, and different, types of coffee from it.

Of course it's all subjective, but for nineteen quid I think you're losing out by not owning an Aeropress

You have me sold anyway - about to go buy one..

She'll kill me yet, if its not whiskey, it's coffee.

• You have me sold anyway - about to go buy one..

She'll kill me yet, if its not whiskey, it's coffee.
    If it's not bikes, it's coffee, and then whiskey.

Also, they only have pink ones left, but 10 quid for a chilli bottle, even if it's only the 500 ml one is a great price. It's the best insulating bottle I've ever used. The Zojirishi of bottles!

• I'm Craft Beer, then home brewing, then coffee

A man needs his hobbies!

• Way less hassle, and in my opinion the Aerporess and Clever Dripper are tied for best manual brewers available.

Thanks, I needed very little encouragement, and your response was more than enough.

• Advertisement

• It's a real pity, but their website is absolutely terrible.

I can't see any Aeropresses, in the sale section or anywhere else, probably because they're sold out, which is fair enough.

But when I enter the subscriptions area I get a 404 message.

The user interface is really clunky and difficult to use, which is a pity. I wouldn't have minded trying a subscription.

Advertisement