Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 greenfields46!

d51984 wrote: »
    They use Aer Lingus and British Airways at Heathrow too. Aer Lingus have been sending over their bigger aircraft to help clear backlog.

so wld u think a parcel sent from uk on 22nd dec from Heathrow will arrive to Ireland sometime in the next couple of weeks? its showing as dispatched from heathrow but obviously with the delays amd flights cancelled ive no clue if ill ever receive it! im assuming An Post are bk 2 work tmw so maybe the online chat can help, just wld love to know do they send by air or sea?!!! in limbo here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

so wld u think a parcel sent from uk on 22nd dec from Heathrow will arrive to Ireland sometime in the next couple of weeks? its showing as dispatched from heathrow but obviously with the delays amd flights cancelled ive no clue if ill ever receive it! im assuming An Post are bk 2 work tmw so maybe the online chat can help, just wld love to know do they send by air or sea?!!! in limbo here

Tomorrow is a bank holiday, so probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 greenfields46!

d51984 wrote: »
    Royal mail have an early morning cargo flight from east midlands to Dublin daily. Smal turbo prop aircraft, comes in about 5/6 am. Amazon have some stuff on it too.

but does this carry parcels sent from Heathrow i wonder, do u know? or will all parcels just be left waiting until flights back to normal, i don’t understand if stuff comes on passenger flights or by boat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Will there be delivery of post today Tuesday 29th?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Its a normal day, can't see why it wouldn't be delivered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Don’t think so, I went to post something yesterday and was told no service until Wednesday.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Don’t think so, I went to post something yesterday and was told no service until Wednesday.

Great news. They deserve the time off I guess been a very busy year for an post it's just a nightmare waiting for something to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

[...] no service until Wednesday.

Same said my postman when asked last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,315 ✭✭✭jmreire

Sent all of the driving licence renewal documents to the NDLS on 6th November, heard nothing back, so emailed them on 20th Dec to find out what was happening. 23rd Dec, got a phone msg apologising for the delay, and saying that it was ready and I would receive it in the next 3-5 working days. Grand.
    Then this morning, I got an Email, giving a case ID nr to be quoted in all correspondence regarding the licence issue. They also want my personal details to prove that I am who I say I am....
    So, I'll give it until next week and see how it goes. Very strange, it seems like there are two different departments, who do not coordinate with each other .

UPDATE: Licence arrived this morning 30.12.2020.
    So the moral of the story is:- If your Licence is due for replacement, budget minimum 8 weeks as the time it will take.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭wozniattack

Seems both AddressPal, and AnPost call centres are closed.

Got an email from AddressPal payment couldn't be taken for a package. Website showed two packages, one paid for, one moved to Specials Area.

Called the bank, no issues, no blocks.

I can't get through to AddressPal, or AnPost call centers, it rings, and then cuts you off.
    Their webchat is also gone on their site.

Anyone else able to get through to AnPost support?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Is anyone else waiting for an item to be delivered by An Post that was posted in Ireland? I ordered something that the seller said was posted on the 6th Dec but there's been no sign of it. It was only being sent from Cork to Wicklow. I think the seller is reputable so either they made a mistake or I think it must be lost in the post :(

hollypink wrote: »
    Is anyone else waiting for an item to be delivered by An Post that was posted in Ireland? I ordered something that the seller said was posted on the 6th Dec but there's been no sign of it. It was only being sent from Cork to Wicklow. I think the seller is reputable so either they made a mistake or I think it must be lost in the post :(

You can see from my other post above..
    I posted my old licence to the NDLS for renewal on 6th Nov, and and I received the new one on 30.Dec. Internal Post.
    ( if that's any consolation to you.........:confused: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭AutoTuning

Didn’t realise there even was postal renewals. How do you do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

jmreire wrote: »
    Sent all of the driving licence renewal documents to the NDLS on 6th November, heard nothing back, so emailed them on 20th Dec to find out what was happening. 23rd Dec, got a phone msg apologising for the delay, and saying that it was ready and I would receive it in the next 3-5 working days. Grand.
    Then this morning, I got an Email, giving a case ID nr to be quoted in all correspondence regarding the licence issue. They also want my personal details to prove that I am who I say I am....
    So, I'll give it until next week and see how it goes. Very strange, it seems like there are two different departments, who do not coordinate with each other .

UPDATE: Licence arrived this morning 30.12.2020.
    So the moral of the story is:- If your Licence is due for replacement, budget minimum 8 weeks as the time it will take.

An over 70's driving licence application?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

Seems both AddressPal, and AnPost call centres are closed.

Got an email from AddressPal payment couldn't be taken for a package. Website showed two packages, one paid for, one moved to Specials Area.

Called the bank, no issues, no blocks.

I can't get through to AddressPal, or AnPost call centers, it rings, and then cuts you off.
    Their webchat is also gone on their site.

Anyone else able to get through to AnPost support?

I used the online chat for AnPost last time I needed to - only a 3 minute wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

Does anyone know if my parcel from the U.K. arrives after tomorrow do I have to pay customs on it? Crap luck if so as I ordered it so long ago.

theguzman wrote: »
    An over 70's driving licence application?

No, and a friend (also far from 70 ) applied for a new Licence 2 weeks before me, and had the very same delivery timescale. But it was a full all categories licence if that would make any difference. Why would it matter what age the applicant was?. or type???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

jmreire wrote: »
    No, and a friend (also far from 70 ) applied for a new Licence 2 weeks before me, and had the very same delivery timescale. But it was a full all categories licence if that would make any difference. Why would it matter what age the applicant was?. or type???

Isn't this a ndls issue and nothing to do with an post?

A surge in UK license exchanges (including me at the very last minute :) ) has meant delays

Darc19 wrote: »
    Isn't this a ndls issue and nothing to do with an post?

A surge in UK license exchanges (including me at the very last minute :) ) has meant delays

Yes, I'd agree with that, its more than likely its the NDLS process rather than the post, but heavy postal traffic at this time of the year played a part too.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Night owl gal

still waiting for a parcel from Switzerland to arrive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

gerard2210 wrote: »
    Has your letter been scanned since the 11th?
    I was told by the post office to not buy express/registered because there's no such thing anymore with how slow it is so I've no idea where mine is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

A friend is sending me a parcel from the USA. It sat in JFK for a week, left the USA on 25 Dec and was scanned in Dublin on 30 Dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 miggle

Are An post open tomorrow (Mon 4th January) for deliveries ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

miggle wrote: »

Back to normal tomorrow.. maybe including sat parcels in rural areas,not confirmed on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Yes .

• Registered Users Posts: 23 miggle

I sent a parcel by express post with guaranteed next day delivery on the 30th Dec. Its now been 3 working days and still not delivered. Is this normal at the minute ? Parcel sent within Ireland. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Had a large parcel of car parts ordered just before Christmas arrive to day. Didn't expect it any sooner but the interesting thing is it came via Cork rather than the more usual Dublin sorting office. Postman say they had had to reopen Cork due to the large volume of parcels over Christmas.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gary550

I sent a parcel by express post with guaranteed next day delivery on the 30th Dec. Its now been 3 working days and still not delivered. Is this normal at the minute ? Parcel sent within Ireland. Thanks.

yes normal as of late anyway

If you are lucky it will be there tomorrow, if you are unlucky it could be there next week.

Who knows anymore? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

Item posted from Cavan tracked to Dublin this morning. Should arrive tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Item posted from Cavan tracked to Dublin this morning. Should arrive tomorrow?

Normally yes. Could arrive next week though. That's my experience with an post lately anyway

Advertisement