Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Racing: Leopardstown, Kempton, Chepstow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Rabbit Redux

Clique wrote: »
    That main presenter on RTE is absolutely awful. Seems clueless at times.

He should stick to the rugby.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Clique wrote: »
    That main presenter on RTE is absolutely awful. Seems clueless at times.

They should let Sally Ann anchor, she is the best of the lot of them.

getimage.aspx?regionKey=QNnZze9%2BgXWWP%2F%2Fxw1FuGQ%3D%3D&scale=100

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Hugh Cahill is like a lad who googled his way through every situation in life and somehow managed to click the right link every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Coneygree wrote: »
    Hugh Cahill is like a lad who googled his way through every situation in life and somehow managed to click the right link every time.

In fairness to him, I'd say its a tough job to get your train of thought, control the two lads and stop Jane from controlling the narrative or from talking about whatever she wants to talk about.

Might have seen the Ballymore winner there in Newbury now that Appreciate It seems Supreme bound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Big fan of Concertista but evens looks short in the Mares. Will double up with Hollow Games.

Giddy up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Rochey18 wrote: »
    In fairness to him, I'd say its a tough job to get your train of thought, control the two lads and stop Jane from controlling the narrative or from talking about whatever she wants to talk about.

Very harsh on Jane Mangan there, having spent the week watching a combination of ITV, RTE, SKY Racing and Racing UK she is head and shoulders above anyone else out there.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Very harsh on Jane Mangan there, having spent the week watching a combination of ITV, RTE, SKY Racing and Racing UK she is head and shoulders above anyone else out there.

Agreed. Mangan is great. I thought Barry Geraghty was good also. Katie Walsh is great post race also, fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Pogue eile wrote: »

Jane is top notch, but I find she seems to get frustrated with Ted and Davy, especially when they are having their chats and she then wants to go off on her own path.

For example the comparison of Envoi Allen and Monkfish was put to them and she scoffed at it, while Davey thought it was a fair comparison.

While the comparison was put to them I'd say more for the casual fan, to generate a bit of excitement going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Covit

Ruby was the biggest pain on rte for the few days , I know it all attitude.
    Poor Davy didn’t pronounce name of a horse correctly and he mocked him .
    Until Davy sang Ruby’s praises about looking up to him he didn’t back off .
    Ruby is definitely sexist when comes to Jane no interest in what she says , he’s jealous of everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Anniepowaa

Covit wrote: »
    Ruby is definitely sexist when comes to Jane no interest in what she says , he’s jealous of everyone.

Mangan knows **** all about racing and has to be heard on every topic and absolute nuisance to listen too, as for jealousy Walsh has won more than anyone so what in gods name would he be jealous of?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Covit wrote:
    Ruby was the biggest pain on rte for the few days , I know it all attitude. Poor Davy didn’t pronounce name of a horse correctly and he mocked him . Until Davy sang Ruby’s praises about looking up to him he didn’t back off . Ruby is definitely sexist when comes to Jane no interest in what she says , he’s jealous of everyone.

Anniepowaa wrote:
    Mangan knows **** all about racing and has to be heard on every topic and absolute nuisance to listen too, as for jealousy Walsh has won more than anyone so what in gods name would he be jealous of?

Horses for courses really (pun intended!).

Personally, i like both of them.

Far better than the itv crowd imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

He always did it in his own no frills, quiet sort of way but Robert Hall was really the man who tied the whole rte coverage together and he's not easily replaced. It's still a decent production though. Davys analysis of the savills today was fascinating. Jane Mangan certainly knows her racing, fair play to her for flitting in among all those big egos and holding her own pretty impressively imho.

Covit wrote: »

In fairness to Ruby he is consistent at least.

The hooer has been a pain in the bolleex for years now. He has a reputation to uphold?

A lot of lads will be rude to birds if they want to ride them, treat them mean keep them keen. I would say Ruby fancies the hole off her, that is why he was ignoring her.

Ruby would be jealous of his shadow at this stage. He should stick to tipping losers for the bookies, like Mick Fitz does every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭kksaints

I don't mind Hugh Cahill most of the time and he gave the IHRB a good grilling a few days ago but he does lack control of the panel and didn't seem keen to interrupt some of the very long debates between Ted/Ruby and Davy/Barry when it needed to be sped up to get to discussing the next race. You could sense Jane Mangan getting frustrated at times. She's very good and has great knowledge of the sport albeit she does tend to get a little bogged down at times with discussing sales and horse breeding. She's easy on the eye too which helps. Davy's breakdown of the Savilles Chase was fantastic and insightful. He's not the most media trained but he's definitely worth bringing on again in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

kksaints wrote: »
    I don't mind Hugh Cahill most of the time and he gave the IHRB a good grilling a few days ago but he does lack control of the panel and didn't seem keen to interrupt some of the very long debates between Ted/Ruby and Davy/Barry when it needed to be sped up to get to discussing the next race. You could sense Jane Mangan getting frustrated at times. She's very good and has great knowledge of the sport albeit she does tend to get a little bogged down at times with discussing sales and horse breeding. She's easy on the eye too which helps. Davy's breakdown of the Savilles Chase was fantastic and insightful. He's not the most media trained but he's definitely worth bringing on again in the future.

Was tipped off about it as I missed it at the time and have just watched it there now, absolute gold it was, proper racing brain and none of the BS or cliches that you get from most.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

My only quibble with davy was the way he was a bit critical of patrick not taking a pull on melon earlier and then for not driving on before the second last. I thought patricks ride was totally beyond reproach personally but that's just a quibble. It was brilliant analysis, the kind you get very rarely if at all on any other channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Covit

Anniepowaa wrote: »

He wants to be heard , he wants the rte slot for himself.
    he didn’t want Davy Russell there he was livid in case he might take it from him . A nicer person u couldn’t find than Davy as genuine as u get .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Davy was very gracious about Patrick considering the bad blood between the 2. His analysis would make you willing to go again on Percy and Abacadabras as well!
    As for that eejit above saying Jane Mangan knows nothing about racing...... Now, THAT is ironic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭kksaints

Davy was very gracious about Patrick considering the bad blood between the 2. His analysis would make you willing to go again on Percy and Abacadabras as well!
    As for that eejit above saying Jane Mangan knows nothing about racing...... Now, THAT is ironic

What's this about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Ruby is a prick. Up his own hole. Extremely smarmy and disrespectful the other day when Davy was talking about coming back from his injury.

Davy's analysis was excellent for the Savills chase. Only minor gripe was him not knowing horses by name, but you'd forgive him that for the level of detail he went into analysing the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Don’t take a tip off Mick Fitz

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ballyhagan

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gavin "shels" View Post
    Maybe I was being ambitious of getting 6/4 before I looked at the odds
    Her and Monkfish look a nailed on double.

Slattsy - I have to hand it to you - You know your stuff - Thanks....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Anniepowaa

Abacadabras

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

What's this about?

Russell didn't wait around on Samcro for the official result after the Marsh this year. Patrick went to congratulate him and he wasn't there. Made a damning comment about it in the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

My only quibble with davy was the way he was a bit critical of patrick not taking a pull on melon earlier and then for not driving on before the second last. I thought patricks ride was totally beyond reproach personally but that's just a quibble. It was brilliant analysis, the kind you get very rarely if at all on any other channel.

Patrick gave Melon an absolute shocker. Id be surprised if he didn't get a box in the face from Willie. He was the main cause of the Mullins camp not winning the race. Crazy ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Jane Mangan is an absolute pain in the hole. Mute button when she is on RTE and same again when on RUK.
    The only person worse on TV is Donn McClean.

What's this about?

Mullins' column after the Marsh between Samcro and Melon. Presumably this is it, I honestly didn't think/know they were sour with each other.
    ET01-Nl-XWAAAr-ZD5.jpg

Fair play to Patrick for shooting from the hip anyways. He actually seems to have a talent for writing - which beats the rest of the ghost writing rubblsh that floods half the paper. It is nice to get some realism to read. Fair play.

• Advertisement

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Fair play to Patrick for shooting from the hip anyways. He actually seems to have a talent for writing - which beats the rest of the ghost writing rubblsh that floods half the paper. It is nice to get some realism to read. Fair play.

Yeah, I know it's not their real job and only a top up to the wages but jockey's columns are often as dull as dishwater.

Advertisement