Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Couchside, drinking cans of Guinness (out of glass, I am not a peasant :D ). 2 days on the hooch at home. It's a rarity for Dave, but enjoyable. Was down in my favourite place in Wickla taking pictures while I was allowed today. Back to shooting Dalkey/Killiney for 8 months again! haha

Happy Hooching all! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭thomil

Tableside, having just finished off the leftovers from my Christmas Eve dinner.

Got a few candles lit and cranked up the heating to ensure that this place stays warm in case the power goes out.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,833 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Warming up my dinner after watching Into The West , more sprouts anyone ? :pac:

Surreptitious , I would love to be sitting watching the waves crashing on the beach , storm or no storm .
    Stay warm and safe folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Gonna chance my arm here :)

There has been some talk about scanners etc in this thread....I'm looking for a recommendation :)

I have posted in the arts and crafts forum, but sure I'm amongst friends (I think ) here.

What would be a suitable scanner for a3 size watercolour artwork....I am doing my own research but personal insight is always good. :)

Awaits tumbleweed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,400 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sipping a glass of wine here in the midst of a tempest. Dirty night out there so I'm glad to be tucked up with enough food and drink to feed a small army.

• Advertisement

There has been some talk about scanners etc in this thread....I'm looking for a recommendation :)

I have posted in the arts and crafts forum, but sure I'm amongst friends (I think ) here.

What would be a suitable scanner for a3 size watercolour artwork....I am doing my own research but personal insight is always good. :)

Thomil recommended the scanner and I'd say Sephers and Dave could advise too.

There has been some talk about scanners etc in this thread...I'm looking for a recommendation :)

Don't cheap out! :D Unless it's just for posting online - then use your phone to scan it, I have used my iPhone to scan loads of stuff and it works a treat!

Unless you're scanning to reprint to sell.. or you can get one at a good rate. Phone all the way PC - Unless you have a donkey of a phone :D

Haha I'm secretly hoping for the 3 amigos to rescue me :)

@Princess Calla: I'm afraid I can't help with that scanner question. I have a multifunction printer/copier/scanner combo that can only handle A4 size originals.

My only recommendation would be to think about your workflow with the scanner and where you're going to put it before making a decision. Granted, there are some models available for less than 100€, but make sure they fit your particular need before you buy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ohhh the three nerd guru's is it !!!!!

:pac:

• Advertisement

Don't cheap out! :D Unless it's just for posting online - then use your phone to scan it, I have used my iPhone to scan loads of stuff and it works a treat!

Unless you're scanning to reprint to sell.. or you can get one at a good rate. Phone all the way PC - Unless you have a donkey of a phone :D

There's an online watercolour art course, certificate level rather than hobby if you get me, and one of the recommended pieces of equipment was an a3 scanner, obviously to scan your work for assessment......now they did say digital camera would/could work , my photography skills are hit n miss so I'm thinking a scanner would take the pain out of it .

Couchside, lovely and cosy here listening to the wind howling outside. Sipping some wine and still in pjs. Dinner was leftovers from yesterday with a few homemade chips , it was even nicer today, I'm the only one eating the red cabbage with apple and it's delicious. I'm also the only one that eats plum pudding and cream and it's gone so that's another stone on Duvet. I'm also the only one drinking the wine and feel a little guilty when I look in the glass bin, wish I could blame someone else. ☺️

I've no idea about a scanner Calla.

Not sure where Grandeeod got the Rockshore glass but they were giving them away in Tesco on Thursday, individually boxed and really lovely glasses.

This is a lovely relaxing day, can't go anywhere, no one can visit, I'm loving it.

Embrace your strengths :)

There's an online watercolour art course, certificate level rather than hobby if you get me, and one of the recommended pieces of equipment was an a3 scanner, obviously to scan your work for assessment......now they did say digital camera would/could work , my photography skills are hit n miss so I'm thinking a scanner would take the pain out of it .

I’d 100% give your phone camera a shot. Get a little stand for 5 quid off Amazon and line it up and you’ll be grand. Start cheap and work up if the don’t yield required results :D

thomil wrote: »
    @Princess Calla: I'm afraid I can't help with that scanner question. I have a multifunction printer/copier/scanner combo that can only handle A4 size originals.

My only recommendation would be to think about your workflow with the scanner and where you're going to put it before making a decision. Granted, there are some models available for less than 100€, but make sure they fit your particular need before you buy.

Thanks thomil......yeah my research has brought me a €600 one and €4,000 one so yeah a little bit more research to do :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSf7HAhHnkFpiLZYUftF4VaVpLevi3hUMLPCg&usqp=CAU

Thanks thomil......yeah my research has brought me a €600 one and €4,000 one so yeah a little bit more research to do :D

Yeah, there are very few "consumer" A3 scanners around by the look of it. In general, I'd actually chime in with Dave's recommendation and check whether your phone camera can do the job before investing any money. The best tool to use is the one you don't have to buy, after all ;)

Also, apps like OneDrive or Google Drive have a built-in scan option that could potentially help. Mind you, I've only used it to scan either doctor's certs or expenses for work for the time being, so I can't say how much use they are for artwork.

thomil wrote: »
    Yeah, there are very few "consumer" A3 scanners around by the look of it. In general, I'd actually chime in with Dave's recommendation and check whether your phone camera can do the job before investing any money. The best tool to use is the one you don't have to buy, after all ;)

Also, apps like OneDrive or Google Drive have a built-in scan option that could potentially help. Mind you, I've only used it to scan either doctor's certs or expenses for work for the time being, so I can't say how much use they are for artwork.

Yeah I've used my phone for typed documents etc, but sure look, it won't make the "artwork" look any worse :D

I'll be robbing the kids lego to construct a phone stand :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

If it was me i would be bringing the piece to local print shop to scan and email to myself, of course that depends on location and covid :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, being an agony aunt to a friend :)

• Advertisement

If it was me i would be bringing the piece to local print shop to scan and email to myself, of course that depends on location and covid :o

Live in Dublin so all good on that front.

I'm sure there's probably an A3 scanner somewhere in the office too actually thinking about it. But the whole wfh :D

These folks have some good advice PC

https://artsideoflife.com/best-scanner-artworks/

:D thank you.

Well, I didn't want to say that but ...

:D

Sorry pwincess the only scanners I know about are police scanners :pac:

*Gets coat *

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I have a set of spanners if you want the lend of them Princess. Not sure if one is a3.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I have a set of spanners if you want the lend of them Pwincessss. Not sure if one is a3.

I always knew you were done spanner :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I always knew you were done spanner :D

Its a badge I wear proudly!

Nothing wrong with being a nerd. Some of us are quite into nerds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm worse with my typo.. that should read some spanner :D

To thine own self be true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement