Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭John arse

WhiteMan32 wrote: »
    Winnings on 11th December 2020 on €110k: €50 X 2
    Last win on 28th August 2020: €50
    you're very patient!well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

€50 x2 this week.

Was told on Friday we're all to be made redundant in work, so its nice to get a double on the PBs.

Hope one of us 'Boardsies' wins the 1m on the 23rd!
    We're counting on the infamous Glitch!!!!

Sorry to hear that Andrew, never nice to hear particularly coming up to Christmas. Was it Mylan? Hopefully you won't be left idle for long, and it may even be a blessing in disguise for you in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Andrew, never nice to hear particularly coming up to Christmas. Was it Mylan? Hopefully you won't be left idle for long, and it may even be a blessing in disguise for you in the long run.

Thanks Agent Smyth & Cute Hoor.
    Yeah, you're right, that's the place, it's a sad loss for the area.

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭scotchy

Had unfollowed this thread because I was getting so few wins.

Anyway, came home today to a €50 cheque.

First win on about 35k of bonds since June 2019.

:rolleyes:

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

Having a great run of form lately....€50 again. That is 7 wins in 9 weeks....hitting form at the right time to scoop the €1m!
    #Glitch

Jan XXXXX
    Feb €XXX
    Mar XXX€
    Apr €XX€
    May €€XX
    June XXXX
    July €XXX
    Aug XXXXX
    Sep €XXX
    Oct XXX€€
    Nov X€€X
    Dec €€€

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

Winner winner chicken dinner, another €50 for us today

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭carrickbawn

Nothing here today,but not complaining.
    Had a good run the last few months and there is always next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭rounders

Hi Folks,
    Looking at PB's, there is a lot more options on the website than I thought

Can anymore help me out? I thought the weekly draw was the only return from PBs but some of the plans include a AER rate

If I want to have the flexibility to withdraw at anytime I guess the Prize Bonds for Me is the best option? How does that differ from the book based deposit account?

EDIT - Just realized the others are savings plans, not prize bonds. All makes sense now

https://www.statesavings.ie/our-products

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

Nothing this week, just a question I've been login to the prize bond tracker on the phone and this ''cookie page'' keeps sliding across the State Saving website, so I just click ''allow all'' to get rid of it, anybody else experience this very irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭PB2018

Another glitch - would be nice to get a MAJOR glitch next week!

Wins on 18th December 2020: €50
    Previous last win - 18th December 2020: €50
    €134k invested in prize bonds since July 2017
    Win ratio: 24 wins in 181 weeks (13%)
    2017 (Jul-Dec): 5 x €50 = €250
    2018 (Jan-Dec): 4 x €50 = €200
    2019 (Jan-Dec): 5 x €50 = €250
    2020 (Jan-date): 10 x €50 = €500

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Glad it's going well for you AFlexing and best of luck in the employment stakes too. Similarly, I've had 7 wins in 8 weeks - €50 today, the third win for that batch in the 8 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Sligo Quay wrote: »
    Nothing this week, just a question I've been login to the prize bond tracker on the phone and this ''cookie page'' keeps sliding across the State Saving website, so I just click ''allow all'' to get rid of it, anybody else experience this very irritating.
    You can't get rid of it, it's a legal thing.

€50 x2 this week.

Was told on Friday we're all to be made redundant in work, so its nice to get a double on the PBs.

Hope one of us 'Boardsies' wins the 1m on the 23rd!
    We're counting on the infamous Glitch!!!!
    Really - the week before Christmas? They couldn't wait another 2 or 3 weeks!? :mad: Sorry to hear that anyway - best of luck for the 23rd!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Sligo Quay wrote: »

Yup, keeps appearing multiple times no matter how many times I accept.

Enter webpage, pops up, hit accept
    Enter username, pops up, hit accept
    Enter password, pops up, hit accept

Every time. Very annoying. Good luck if you get password wrong on first attempt also, you'll have to accept it a 4th time then.

The GLICH returns with my biggest win in 9 years - 2x€50 lol
    Winnings on 18th December 2020: €100
    Last win 25th September 2020: €50
    Total winnings on €25k from Feb 2011 to date: €3150
    2011: €75 x 4 = €300
    2012: €75 x 6 = €450
    2013: €50 x 12 = €600
    2014: €50 x 9 = €450
    2015: €50 x 5 = €250
    2016: €50 x 5 = €250
    2017: €50 x 4 = €200
    2018: €50 x 2 = €100
    2019: €50 x 6 = €300
    2020: €50 x 5 = €250

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭pbtracker

No glitch for me unfortunately...

Winnings on 18th December 2020: €0
    Last win : €50 6th Nov 2020
    Investment :
    Up to Aug 2020 : €12K
    Aug 2020 : €72K
    Sept 2020 : €77K
    Total winnings to date: €200

pbwinner wrote: »
    Really - the week before Christmas? They couldn't wait another 2 or 3 weeks!? :mad: Sorry to hear that anyway - best of luck for the 23rd!

thanks PB! best of luck on 23rd to you too!

Glad it's going well for you AFlexing and best of luck in the employment stakes too. Similarly, I've had 7 wins in 8 weeks - €50 today, the third win for that batch in the 8 weeks

thanks Tuis! Nice to hear you are on a Glitch-tastic streak too. You were well overdue a good run!

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Yup, keeps appearing multiple times no matter how many times I accept.

Enter webpage, pops up, hit accept
    Enter username, pops up, hit accept
    Enter password, pops up, hit accept

Every time. Very annoying. Good luck if you get password wrong on first attempt also, you'll have to accept it a 4th time then.
    yeah me too,i like cookies but cmon( maybe the cookie monster from sesame street is running the site)

pbwinner wrote: »
    The GLICH returns with my biggest win in 9 years - 2x€50 lol
    Winnings on 18th December 2020: €100
    Last win 25th September 2020: €50
    Total winnings on €25k from Feb 2011 to date: €3150
    2011: €75 x 4 = €300
    2012: €75 x 6 = €450
    2013: €50 x 12 = €600
    2014: €50 x 9 = €450
    2015: €50 x 5 = €250
    2016: €50 x 5 = €250
    2017: €50 x 4 = €200
    2018: €50 x 2 = €100
    2019: €50 x 6 = €300
    2020: €50 x 5 = €250
    wow,defying the averages there-a years winnings in a day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

€50 today! hurray!

Puts me on €200 for the year, on 50k (started the year on 34k)

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

No wins for me, but it's very early days in my Prize Bond fun.

Has anyone ever not received their new prize bond receipt and what did they end up doing in the end? I ordered on 24th November but it hasn't arrived, I was putting it down to An Post seasonal delays, but an order I placed on 8th December arrived today. So now I am worried. I have contacted them through the website (Wednesday and today actually) but not expecting a quick answer.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Nothing for me again.
    My wish for one more win before the year end is receding greatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Had 5K invested for a few years won nothing, cashed them in and did nothing with the money ! So bought 5k prize bonds a few weeks ago, receipt came today with the range of numbers, set up my account and guess what! I won E50 ...thrilled never won anything . Now I cannot remember how I set up the account to get any winnings!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

brianomc wrote: »

Has anyone ever not received their new prize bond receipt and what did they end up doing in the end? I ordered on 24th November but it hasn't arrived, I was putting it down to An Post seasonal delays, but an order I placed on 8th December arrived today. So now I am worried. I have contacted them through the website (Wednesday and today actually) but not expecting a quick answer.

Thanks

Was this an online purchase and if so did you get any error message ? Was the money taken from your account at the time the order was processed ? The online purchase system is quite unreliable and has been failing regularly for some time now. The prize bond company’s administration appears to be in a chaotic state. I suggest your ring them first thing Monday morning, get names, dates and times and make a note of any commitments they give. Follow up frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

Hibernicis wrote: »
    Was this an online purchase and if so did you get any error message ? Was the money taken from your account at the time the order was processed ? The online purchase system is quite unreliable and has been failing regularly for some time now. The prize bond company’s administration appears to be in a chaotic state. I suggest your ring them first thing Monday morning, get names, dates and times and make a note of any commitments they give. Follow up frequently.

It was online yes, but it all went through fine. I got the confirmation email (with a reference number) and the money was taken from my account immediately. I will try to give them a shout on Monday. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lizardking123

brianomc wrote: »

Thanks

I'm the same, bought bonds recently and haven't received them. I kept a screenshot of the confirmation online. Was planning on chasing them in January if not landed by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Usually takes up to 2 weeks for me to get them. The bond is dated the week prior too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

I bought three sets as Christmas presents for godchildren on 6th Dec online - at least one set has arrived.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

What time is the draw?

Advertisement