Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Market in Waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I definitely wouldn't describe it as a buyer's market. Prices are apparently steady enough, but there is a definite lack of supply.

Have a chat with an estate agent and you'll get a better idea of the up to date position on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

hardybuck wrote: »
    I definitely wouldn't describe it as a buyer's market. Prices are apparently steady enough, but there is a definite lack of supply.

Have a chat with an estate agent and you'll get a better idea of the up to date position on the ground.

best to get in now, than wait, its a buyers market now, it ll be a sellers market very very soon, expect prices to continually increase as demand increases, common outcome from credit fueled booms, as we have experienced before

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭bullpost

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    best to get in now, than wait, its a buyers market now, it ll be a sellers market very very soon, expect prices to continually increase as demand increases, common outcome from credit fueled booms, as we have experienced before

I dont think this will happen until Waterford gets a bigger slice of the high income IT jobs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Has anyone bought tickets for that house on raffle in Hennessys Road? I dont think they are going to hit 80000 by 20th December but who knows. They have done a very good job on the inside and outside.

bullpost wrote: »
    I dont think this will happen until Waterford gets a bigger slice of the high income IT jobs etc.

i disagree there, we ve learned many things since the last boom, the availability of credit is the main cause of rising property prices, the announcements of developments has now signaled to the market, that theres gonna be a major influx of credit available, largely from external entities, prices have already risen by 20k in the last quarter, im expecting another rise, when figures from this quarter are announced soon. id imagine speculation has already begun on property and land in the region, largely due to these announcements, all this sparks a positive feedback loop, as demand for property and land rises, so to does the price.

• Advertisement

Has anyone bought tickets for that house on raffle in Hennessys Road? I dont think they are going to hit 80000 by 20th December but who knows. They have done a very good job on the inside and outside.

which house is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭subpar

bullpost wrote: »

Fully agree.

There is a very high level of social welfare types living in the city and its hinterland

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    which house is that?

No. 50 ...... near bottom of Blakes lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

How many have they sold?

How many have they sold?
    Ah, 55,321 tickets sold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

I've bought a few tickets, so have a few of my mates. It's a fairly interesting idea.

They have 19k tickets left to sell in 12 days.

Not looking too good unfortunately.

They have 19k tickets left to sell in 12 days.

What's the estimated value of properties in that area?

Presumably there is a Plan B if they fail to reach the minimum amount of tickets sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭dzilla

hardybuck wrote: »
    What's the estimated value of properties in that area?

Presumably there is a Plan B if they fail to reach the minimum amount of tickets sold.

i think if that happens the takings from the tickets sold are given to the winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Raffall Guarantee
    If the host fails to provide a prize, the winners will receive a share of the compensation amounting to 75% of all ticket sales.
    All compensation payments are guaranteed and paid directly by Raffall Limited.

80,000 tkts @ €5.50
    19,000 outstanding

61,000 tkts sold @ €5.50 = €335K taken in
    75% of 335K = €251K

The future of property prices look good(bad) for the city, they might just need to wait a little longer

beazee wrote: »
    80,000 tkts @ €5.50
    19,000 outstanding

75% of 335K = €251K

As far as I can tell no house on Hennessy's Road has sold for more than €95k - does that sound right for people familiar with that area?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

beazee wrote: »
    80,000 tkts @ €5.50
    19,000 outstanding

75% of 335K = €251K

That prize alone is more than worth it! In fact the second prize is 10 times better than winning the house as you could get a class house for 250k.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭rekdtangle

That prize alone is more than worth it! In fact the second prize is 10 times better than winning the house as you could get a class house for 250k.

100%

They bought that house in Dec 18 for 110k according to the property price register.

250k worth a lot more than the house/car/5k cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Might be the time of year but the curve has definitely flattened on property prices ,all down hill.from here when the recession kicks in along the way q2 21

• Advertisement

Hoffmans wrote: »
    Might be the time of year but the curve has definitely flattened on property prices ,all down hill.from here when the recession kicks in along the way q2 21

We're already in recession?

property prices up on average 20k in the city last quarter, i expect them to continue to rise, largely due to recent development announcements

rekdtangle wrote: »
    100%

They bought that house in Dec 18 for 110k according to the property price register.

250k worth a lot more than the house/car/5k cash.

No consolation prize now. Letting the draw take place with however many tickets are sold. They probably realised that the consolation prize was better and overvalued the actual main prize.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

You can't look at a previous recession that was on the back unsustainable private debt-levels that propped up a building boom and systemic financial services fraud and then try to guess what will happen to house prices on a recession that is caused by Covid-19.

Until there is a situation that there is adequate housing supply in both rental units and those for purchase there will be no significant drop in house prices.

mayordenis wrote:
    Until there is a situation that there is adequate housing supply in both rental units and those for purchase there will be no significant drop in house prices.

Absolutely, I'm just in the middle of analysing prices since 06, think I can link qe to prices here, even though I'm sure there's many more factors involved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Plenty of flowery carpets /mahogny unit /terracotta tile shacks appearing lately,
    Funnily the agents persist stretching the pictures dosent work so good with the old flowery carpets and im sure i saw a 12 ft bath earlier on daft or mabey that was stretched too :)

Plenty of flowery carpets /mahogny unit /terracotta tile shacks appearing lately,
    Funnily the agents persist stretching the pictures dosent work so good with the old flowery carpets and im sure i saw a 12 ft bath earlier on daft or mabey that was stretched too :)

Always "delighted to bring to the market" too. Why? It's a kip that's way overpriced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The language of estate agents is very limited! Only so many ways to sell a house.

rekdtangle wrote: »
    Always "delighted to bring to the market" too. Why? It's a kip that's way overpriced.

XXX Estate Agents are bemused to have been asked to bring this property to the market, and reflects the dramatic fall in the Agency's fortunes in recent years.

• Advertisement

Many buyers are happy enough to purchase a property in that condition as they'll be taking a sledgehammer to most of it anyway.

Mahogany Units are on their way back into fashion too BTW.

Advertisement