Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Principal Officer 2020

• 21-12-2020 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I applied for the 2020 principal officer competition with revenue a few weeks ago. Send in my application form and a week later received an email saying I was through to the next stage which was a pre-recorded interview where I had 4 questions to answer. That was about 3 weeks ago. I think the next stage is a "proper" interview. Has anyone else received a reply from revenue for the next stage of the principal officer competition? Mind has me convinced that I was not successful as it was 3 weeks ago that I had to suit my video interview. I am not familiar with the public sector recruitment policy - what is the next step, do I go straight onto a panel and then an interview or visa versa?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Augme

If you aren't successful they will tell you. The next stage after a video interview is a proper interview and then you'll be on a panel.

The one thing I will say about civil/public service recruitment competitions is that they are very slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cocacola123

Augme wrote: »
    If you aren't successful they will tell you. The next stage after a video interview is a proper interview and then you'll be on a panel.

The one thing I will say about civil/public service recruitment competitions is that they are very slow.

Thank you Augme, recruitment replied to me within a week or applying stating that I needed to do a video interview. The closing date submitting the video interview was early 3weeks ago so it is taking a lot longer than previous stages of the process unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

Hi, I applied for the 2020 principal officer competition with revenue a few weeks ago. Send in my application form and a week later received an email saying I was through to the next stage which was a pre-recorded interview where I had 4 questions to answer. That was about 3 weeks ago. I think the next stage is a "proper" interview. Has anyone else received a reply from revenue for the next stage of the principal officer competition? Mind has me convinced that I was not successful as it was 3 weeks ago that I had to suit my video interview. I am not familiar with the public sector recruitment policy - what is the next step, do I go straight onto a panel and then an interview or visa versa?

Results not out. Wont be until January I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

ThumbTaxed wrote: »
    Results not out. Wont be until January I believe.

Surprised you went for it again... but then you are confident!
    ThumbTaxed wrote: »
    Also remember you can promoted easily enough on civil service by lying on your application and faking it.

Hi Everyone, Has anyone receive any confirmation email or feedback recently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Leinster2020

I have not received anything yet.

I have not received anything yet.

Thanks Leinster 2020 - how did you find the video screening process? What roles/area did you apply for?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Leinster2020

Hi Cocacola123, I applied for the PO in Revenues HWI's, what about you? It is hard to tell how the competency based video screening went, I am not sure how it will be marked. How did you find it? Did you receive the result yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 society

I have to do one of these video competency interviews. How does it work, are the questions prerecorded and what are the questions like...are they behavioural questions ? Thanks

Advertisement