Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DHL

• 07-12-2020 11:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭mad m

Ordered something from Germany. Got tracking number from company and all was well until I checked DHL site. It’s stating I took delivery this morning. I checked my address on order form and also included my eircode so there wouldn’t be any mix ups.

I’ve emailed company to ask them to chase up their end. Anyone any experience with this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Lads in the PC forum are having issues with a certain company's (rhymes with mastdays) drivers signing for stuff they couldn't deliver on the day and delivering it the next (or not). I take it you've checked around the place to make sure they haven't left it somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭mad m

Contacted the company I ordered it from. They received package back in Germany today. No reason on docket as to why it was sent back. They are mystified and asked me to confirm address as I did.

Very strange, didn't get an attempted delivery nor missed delivery slip. Seems like it went straight back as they couldn't find address. They had my eircode as well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you live rurally it's likely they weren't arsed.

ED E wrote: »
    If you live rurally it's likely they weren't arsed.

Certainly looks that way but 6k from Dublin City centre so very central.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭VG31

Is this DHL as in Deutsche Post (so An Post in Ireland) or DHL as in the courier?

• Advertisement

VG31 wrote: »
    Is this DHL as in Deutsche Post (so An Post in Ireland) or DHL as in the courier?

DHL Deutsche post I suppose. I rang DHL express today but should of rang DHL parcel. Lad on line said my package was with An Post, he said he’d put me through to right dept. It never happened as after few mins it looked like I got cut off. As I said I got email from sender in Germany as I queried the delivery stating I received it( but didn’t), they said they received package back. It was posted on the 4th, hit Ireland on the 7th and back in Germany today!

DHL had my eircode so I haven’t a clue what happened and neither does sender nor DHL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I’m trying to get a quote for delivery from the DHL website but I keep getting “no delivery option available”.

This happened a few months ago too and I had to go with DPD instead.

I cannot figure out my mistake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭VG31

I’m trying to get a quote for delivery from the DHL website but I keep getting “no delivery option available”.

This happened a few months ago too and I had to go with DPD instead.

I cannot figure out my mistake

Where are you sending to? I don't think the mobile site works properly.

VG31 wrote: »
    Where are you sending to? I don't think the mobile site works properly.

To the U.K. - but I tried different countries and within Ireland and all come out the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

Are you still having issues with DHL delivery? My package has been in Cologne for over a week now and no response from DHL about it with An Post saying it definitely has not arrived in their sorting center yet. It's an expensive graphics card so really want to be sure that it is safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

TheSegal wrote: »
    Are you still having issues with DHL delivery? My package has been in Cologne for over a week now and no response from DHL about it with An Post saying it definitely has not arrived in their sorting center yet. It's an expensive graphics card so really want to be sure that it is safe.

I had a delivery from adidas despatched by DHL stuck in Germany for nearly 13 days, adidas said it was extra checks being carried out in germany. Once it was passed over to An post the tracking was up to date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

TheSegal wrote: »

DHL have massive delays getting stuff out of Germany. I had something in Cologne for 12 days. Finally arrived this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

mad m wrote: »
    Ordered something from Germany. Got tracking number from company and all was well until I checked DHL site. It’s stating I took delivery this morning. I checked my address on order form and also included my eircode so there wouldn’t be any mix ups.

I’ve emailed company to ask them to chase up their end. Anyone any experience with this

DHL = day and a half late

How are DHL doing with deliveries from the U.K.?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

DHL = day and a half late

Don't Hurry Love.......

Dawdle Highway Lane

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭WastedYouth

I’m being sent a package via DHL but the sender has not thought of sending me the tracking number and hasn’t yet seen my message asking it.

She doesn’t check the phone very often.

I’m going to call customer service but is there anything they can do if I give them just a name and address?

To put this to bed. Received package from Germany today, it was resent on 10th December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,629 ✭✭✭corkie

Transport crisis - DHL halts delivery of parcels to Ireland
    Deutsche Post DHL has halted all deliveries of parcels to Ireland and Britain as a result of transport restrictions that have been put in place by a number of countries due to the new strain of Covid-19 that has been identified in Britain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

corkie wrote: »

I thought was meant to be ok for Ireland but not the UK. Usually takes a week for a delivery via bestseller from Germany or the Netherlands that do vero moda, vila and only clothes from dhl into Ireland and linked with an post for delivery within Ireland.

• Advertisement

I got a delivery from the UK via DHL. The box contained two packages and both had been opened and released as part of a security check.

The label they attached says it was done at “station LSW”.

Anyone know where that might be? I’m guessing the gmcheck was done before it left the U.K.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Just a surprise to say that an item that shipped from the US Amazon site via. DHL 2 days ago which I wasn’t expecting until after Christmas is arriving today. I didn’t even pay for expedited shipping just the standard shipping of $11.98.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭Dublinandy3

Just a surprise to say that an item that shipped from the US Amazon site via. DHL 2 days ago which I wasn’t expecting until after Christmas is arriving today. I didn’t even pay for expedited shipping just the standard shipping of $11.98.

Good isn't it? Gladly it's quite common from US amazon as well as the Japanese amazon, the regularly only takes 2 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

I got a delivery from the UK via DHL. The box contained two packages and both had been opened and released as part of a security check.

The label they attached says it was done at “station LSW”.

Anyone know where that might be? I’m guessing the gmcheck was done before it left the U.K.

London South West, Wandsworth I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BatMaths

I was supposed to receive a package on the 24th december, but it never got past the ARRIVED AT SORT FACILITY, EAST MIDLANDS UK on the 22nd. DHL finally got back to me only to ask me what’s inside the box and that they are treating it “as missing” for now. Mod - Snip Keep those accusations off Boards, please.It was an expensive gift for myself. I don’t know what to do. :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It arrived on Christmas Eve, in the middle of bedlam. Labels can be torn off, dirtied etc. It is up to the shipper to chase up DHL, not you. You need to advise the shipper that DHL are having problems and ask them to replace or refund.

whiterebel wrote: »
    It arrived on Christmas Eve, in the middle of bedlam. Labels can be torn off, dirtied etc. It is up to the shipper to chase up DHL, not you. You need to advise the shipper that DHL are having problems and ask them to replace or refund.

Thanks! I contacted the seller yesterday before DHL got back to me, they said they will organise to get the package returned to them. Will wait and see what they say now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 doomshine

I ordered something from Germany to the UK (through Parcel Motel, chanced the cut off date... Proved to be a mistake). Last scan? Leaving Germany on the 19th of December, then nothing.
    Are they still not delivering to the UK or is the package simply lost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭yogmeister

doomshine wrote: »
    I ordered something from Germany to the UK (through Parcel Motel, chanced the cut off date... Proved to be a mistake). Last scan? Leaving Germany on the 19th of December, then nothing.
    Are they still not delivering to the UK or is the package simply lost?

I think all couriers are experiencing delays at the moment .I ve 2 packages on the way both supposed to be delivered around the 20 th and still nothing .One is sitting in Dublin and the other in the Netherlands.

• Advertisement

Thanks, it's reassuring knowing I'm not the only one. Even if, in my case, the package most likely won't be accepted at pm and will be going straight back to Germany. The joys of brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭galwayhooker

I just got a text from DHL this morning (a delivery that was supposed to be due yesterday- sat in all day waiting and never arrived. The text this morning says that I signed for package this morning even though I didn’t. This is the second time this has happened with a package with DHL - I got into company that used them. They never refunded me for postage though 😡😡😡I am trying to ring DHL customer care number. Know it New Year’s Day but know I will get nowhere with them like before. I have my Eircode number and even my mobile number on my address in case driver could not find my address. Just fuming that this is after happening again especially when package is very expensive. Is there any where I can go to complain about this? I see another package that am expecting coming from Germany (put order in over 2 weeks ago) is coming with DHL 😩 Link for tracking package not working so emailed them back . Will have to ring company in Germany tomorrow. This is why I hate the shops being shut in in lockdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I just got a text from DHL this morning (a delivery that was supposed to be due yesterday- sat in all day waiting and never arrived. The text this morning says that I signed for package this morning even though I didn’t. This is the second time this has happened with a package with DHL - I got into company that used them. They never refunded me for postage though 😡😡😡I am trying to ring DHL customer care number. Know it New Year’s Day but know I will get nowhere with them like before. I have my Eircode number and even my mobile number on my address in case driver could not find my address. Just fuming that this is after happening again especially when package is very expensive. Is there any where I can go to complain about this? I see another package that am expecting coming from Germany (put order in over 2 weeks ago) is coming with DHL 😩 Link for tracking package not working so emailed them back . Will have to ring company in Germany tomorrow. This is why I hate the shops being shut in in lockdown.

Is it possible a neighbour took it in for you?

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Is it possible a neighbour took it in for you?

Def not. The few times over there years there was any mix they would ring me - we live in a rural are. I gave my Eircode which would bring the courier straight to our house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Anyone else not receiving tracking updates from DHL? Ordered something from the UK on December 21st, expected there would be delays so didnt follow up on the package, checked the tracking yesterday with DHL and all it says is that the parcel was received by DHL at 10am on December 21st and no other updates.
    Am I to assume they lost it?

• Site Banned Posts: 113 ✭✭Dunfyy

Dhl wanted me to collect a package from them in refused they kept it for 5 extra days
    I emailed the company that sent it
    It was delivered in an hour at 12 at night

• Advertisement

Update - a neighbour who was away for Christmas came in my package - was sopping wet. Driver just threw it into her garden even though as I keep saying I have my eircode plus mobile specifically in case. This is not acceptable. Also I sent an email to a company I was due a page ages ago coming from Germany. Sender told me they used DHL and package was returned to them - they don’t why as my eircode and mobile was provided. They asked me to provide an alternative address but I have asked for a refund. As I said really believe this is not acceptable especially when expensive deliveries are involved. I have also learned if I wish to order online I now have to ask what courier company will be used.

Anyone else not receiving tracking updates from DHL? Ordered something from the UK on December 21st, expected there would be delays so didnt follow up on the package, checked the tracking yesterday with DHL and all it says is that the parcel was received by DHL at 10am on December 21st and no other updates.
    I'm in the same boat, last tracking message on 19/12 saying the package left Germany. Nothing since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

09a0caafc609b7e35b89d47002898188.png

Anyone have this before? Been waiting a few days now of it being stuck in Shannon with that message.

Anyone have this before? Been waiting a few days now of it being stuck in Shannon with that message.

Didnt think restrictions would effect deliveries like this? Wasnt like this in any of the previous lockdowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭WastedYouth

It would be best to call them.

Might have something to do with where it came from originally.

• Advertisement

that's too long, my last update was the 22nd, supposed to get it on the the 24th. Mod - <SNIP> Leave out the allegations please.
    I got an update this morning after sending quite a few, telling me that searches turned up nothing and to ask for a refund from the buyer. What a great christmas.

BatMaths wrote: »
    that's too long, my last update was the 22nd, supposed to get it on the the 24th. Mod - <SNIP> Leave out the allegations please.
    I got an update this morning after sending quite a few, telling me that searches turned up nothing and to ask for a refund from the buyer. What a great christmas.

You would wonder what happens to all of these 'lost' packages. MOD - <SNIP> Seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Came from the UK. Will be calling them though yeah, I tried setting it to just having a non-signature delivery which apparently meant trying to deliver today but nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭aoife1991

Are there huge delays with DHL in the UK? I ordered something on the 28th and it was shipped on the 30th, DHL scan says that a shipment label was generated but nothing received. I ordered from what I thought was an Irish website (.ie) but it's coming from the UK. I hope I haven't burned myself with VAT/Customs. I wouldn't have ordered it if I knew it was coming from the UK :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

aoife1991 wrote: »
    Are there huge delays with DHL in the UK? I ordered something on the 28th and it was shipped on the 30th, DHL scan says that a shipment label was generated but nothing received. I ordered from what I thought was an Irish website (.ie) but it's coming from the UK. I hope I haven't burned myself with VAT/Customs. I wouldn't have ordered it if I knew it was coming from the UK :(

There seem to be delays. Received an order recently from them. The only issue was the retailer did not put the eircode on the package. DHL had to ring for it. Have you your eircode added in? The order was put through the same date as yours but only arrived yesterday from the uk. It should arrive this week though or at least by the end of the week. They say 5-7 working days aprox for most things but with brexit and covid and after Christmas could be 10-14 days. Have you a link to track it?

You ordered before brexit so I say you don't have to pay the new vat/customs cost. If under 22 euro I think you been ok but if over 22e you may need to pay vat/customs but some uk retailers include the vat with the price of the product you need to take note when ordering. I know with amazon they include the vat/custom duty with the order. At the moment depending on the website and retailer the reduced Irish/EU vat should still apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭AndyOHart

I can confirm what OP is saying, I'm having massive issues at the moment with DHL. Bought a PC part from Germany, sent with DHL.
    Spent over 100 euro on phone credit calling Germany and DHL over the past 2 weeks.
    Basically, DHL tracking says it was delivered to the UK.
    I rang and got the electronic voice thing which said if my tracking number has letters and numbers to enter only numbers. Did that and it asked to confirm if my postcode was correct. The postcode it called out was a UK one. Said it was to get through to the rep who then told me that it says it was delivered with different address and name on it so can't give me any info due to data protection.

I looked up the postcode they said and its some Flue Supplies place in the UK. Rang them who said didn't get any parcels. They did say there is a DHL express across the road from them. The plot thickens, if it did go to that DHL Express, why is the post code different?
    I found a way to enter the postcode when tracking on the website for more info and it shows me a picture that looks like its at a warehouse on the back of a truck and can see a DHL truck in the background.

Contacted the seller in Germany who said DHL said they lost it but found it and said it with me before Christmas. Never came.
    I contacted DHL via their contact form online 3 times.
    1) DHL told me that An Post delivered my package on 18th December (An Post don't even have tracking available for it)
    2) DHL told me An Post are not accepting any more packages due to high demand and they will give me new tracking soon. Never got it
    3) DHL told me that they are sorry but they don't know anything about the package and to contact my seller.

Seller isn't answering phones now, assuming they are flat out busy with calls probably from people like me.
    I understand that the post system is ****ed at the moment, but DHLs responses and uselessness with providing information to their other DHL carriers is pathetic.
    I'm 100 down and still don't know where my package is.

Mod- <Snip> Don’t cross post, please.

Send an email to the sender and tell them you have enough of a run around with their freight forwarder, and that if its not refunded within 2 days you will initiate a chargeback with your bank, or Paypal.

Yeah thats what I plan on doing, however I am worried that they will just get DHL to send it back to them if I threaten a charge back, but I do still want the item.
    Also I would be worried how long a charge back would take to process as I initiated one in September for something and still haven't heard back.

Also just checked the tracking on the sellers website and it says "There was no delivery for the consignment ordered via EDI data. The shipment data was therefore canceled."
    This isn't showing on DHL tracking though

• Advertisement
Advertisement