Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DHL

• 07-12-2020 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭

Ordered something from Germany. Got tracking number from company and all was well until I checked DHL site. It’s stating I took delivery this morning. I checked my address on order form and also included my eircode so there wouldn’t be any mix ups.

I’ve emailed company to ask them to chase up their end. Anyone any experience with this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Lads in the PC forum are having issues with a certain company's (rhymes with mastdays) drivers signing for stuff they couldn't deliver on the day and delivering it the next (or not). I take it you've checked around the place to make sure they haven't left it somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Contacted the company I ordered it from. They received package back in Germany today. No reason on docket as to why it was sent back. They are mystified and asked me to confirm address as I did.

Very strange, didn't get an attempted delivery nor missed delivery slip. Seems like it went straight back as they couldn't find address. They had my eircode as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you live rurally it's likely they weren't arsed.

ED E wrote: »
    If you live rurally it's likely they weren't arsed.

Certainly looks that way but 6k from Dublin City centre so very central.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭VG31

Is this DHL as in Deutsche Post (so An Post in Ireland) or DHL as in the courier?

• Advertisement

VG31 wrote: »
    Is this DHL as in Deutsche Post (so An Post in Ireland) or DHL as in the courier?

DHL Deutsche post I suppose. I rang DHL express today but should of rang DHL parcel. Lad on line said my package was with An Post, he said he’d put me through to right dept. It never happened as after few mins it looked like I got cut off. As I said I got email from sender in Germany as I queried the delivery stating I received it( but didn’t), they said they received package back. It was posted on the 4th, hit Ireland on the 7th and back in Germany today!

DHL had my eircode so I haven’t a clue what happened and neither does sender nor DHL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I’m trying to get a quote for delivery from the DHL website but I keep getting “no delivery option available”.

This happened a few months ago too and I had to go with DPD instead.

I cannot figure out my mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭VG31

I’m trying to get a quote for delivery from the DHL website but I keep getting “no delivery option available”.

This happened a few months ago too and I had to go with DPD instead.

I cannot figure out my mistake

Where are you sending to? I don't think the mobile site works properly.

VG31 wrote: »
    Where are you sending to? I don't think the mobile site works properly.

To the U.K. - but I tried different countries and within Ireland and all come out the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

Are you still having issues with DHL delivery? My package has been in Cologne for over a week now and no response from DHL about it with An Post saying it definitely has not arrived in their sorting center yet. It's an expensive graphics card so really want to be sure that it is safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

TheSegal wrote: »
    Are you still having issues with DHL delivery? My package has been in Cologne for over a week now and no response from DHL about it with An Post saying it definitely has not arrived in their sorting center yet. It's an expensive graphics card so really want to be sure that it is safe.

I had a delivery from adidas despatched by DHL stuck in Germany for nearly 13 days, adidas said it was extra checks being carried out in germany. Once it was passed over to An post the tracking was up to date

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

TheSegal wrote: »

DHL have massive delays getting stuff out of Germany. I had something in Cologne for 12 days. Finally arrived this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

mad m wrote: »
    Ordered something from Germany. Got tracking number from company and all was well until I checked DHL site. It’s stating I took delivery this morning. I checked my address on order form and also included my eircode so there wouldn’t be any mix ups.

I’ve emailed company to ask them to chase up their end. Anyone any experience with this

DHL = day and a half late

How are DHL doing with deliveries from the U.K.?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

DHL = day and a half late

Don't Hurry Love.......

Dawdle Highway Lane

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭WastedYouth

I’m being sent a package via DHL but the sender has not thought of sending me the tracking number and hasn’t yet seen my message asking it.

She doesn’t check the phone very often.

I’m going to call customer service but is there anything they can do if I give them just a name and address?

To put this to bed. Received package from Germany today, it was resent on 10th December.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,095 ✭✭✭corkie

Transport crisis - DHL halts delivery of parcels to Ireland
    Deutsche Post DHL has halted all deliveries of parcels to Ireland and Britain as a result of transport restrictions that have been put in place by a number of countries due to the new strain of Covid-19 that has been identified in Britain.

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭starlit

corkie wrote: »

I thought was meant to be ok for Ireland but not the UK. Usually takes a week for a delivery via bestseller from Germany or the Netherlands that do vero moda, vila and only clothes from dhl into Ireland and linked with an post for delivery within Ireland.

• Advertisement

I got a delivery from the UK via DHL. The box contained two packages and both had been opened and released as part of a security check.

The label they attached says it was done at “station LSW”.

Anyone know where that might be? I’m guessing the gmcheck was done before it left the U.K.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Just a surprise to say that an item that shipped from the US Amazon site via. DHL 2 days ago which I wasn’t expecting until after Christmas is arriving today. I didn’t even pay for expedited shipping just the standard shipping of $11.98.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Dublinandy3

Just a surprise to say that an item that shipped from the US Amazon site via. DHL 2 days ago which I wasn’t expecting until after Christmas is arriving today. I didn’t even pay for expedited shipping just the standard shipping of $11.98.

Good isn't it? Gladly it's quite common from US amazon as well as the Japanese amazon, the regularly only takes 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

I got a delivery from the UK via DHL. The box contained two packages and both had been opened and released as part of a security check.

The label they attached says it was done at “station LSW”.

Anyone know where that might be? I’m guessing the gmcheck was done before it left the U.K.

London South West, Wandsworth I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BatMaths

I was supposed to receive a package on the 24th december, but it never got past the ARRIVED AT SORT FACILITY, EAST MIDLANDS UK on the 22nd. DHL finally got back to me only to ask me what’s inside the box and that they are treating it “as missing” for now. Mod - Snip Keep those accusations off Boards, please.It was an expensive gift for myself. I don’t know what to do. :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It arrived on Christmas Eve, in the middle of bedlam. Labels can be torn off, dirtied etc. It is up to the shipper to chase up DHL, not you. You need to advise the shipper that DHL are having problems and ask them to replace or refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BatMaths

whiterebel wrote: »
    It arrived on Christmas Eve, in the middle of bedlam. Labels can be torn off, dirtied etc. It is up to the shipper to chase up DHL, not you. You need to advise the shipper that DHL are having problems and ask them to replace or refund.

Thanks! I contacted the seller yesterday before DHL got back to me, they said they will organise to get the package returned to them. Will wait and see what they say now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 doomshine

I ordered something from Germany to the UK (through Parcel Motel, chanced the cut off date... Proved to be a mistake). Last scan? Leaving Germany on the 19th of December, then nothing.
    Are they still not delivering to the UK or is the package simply lost?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭yogmeister

doomshine wrote: »
    I ordered something from Germany to the UK (through Parcel Motel, chanced the cut off date... Proved to be a mistake). Last scan? Leaving Germany on the 19th of December, then nothing.
    Are they still not delivering to the UK or is the package simply lost?

I think all couriers are experiencing delays at the moment .I ve 2 packages on the way both supposed to be delivered around the 20 th and still nothing .One is sitting in Dublin and the other in the Netherlands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 doomshine

Thanks, it's reassuring knowing I'm not the only one. Even if, in my case, the package most likely won't be accepted at pm and will be going straight back to Germany. The joys of brexit.

Advertisement