Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Ordered stuff from l'Occitane on the 5th December - no sign of it :( The tracking still saying they have it in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

My stuff is in Portlaoise sorting center rather than Dublin? Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Orlak2410

I ordered a skincare product from a website based in San Diego and was told that shipping would be 5-14 business days. I ordered it on Nov 23 and by Nov 28 it arrived in Dublin (according to the tracking). I still have not received the product and I contacted them the other day and they told me that because of the pandemic ir will take 14-28 days (this was not explained to me when checking out or in the order confirmation emails). I'm not used to purchasing online and I am wondering if this is normal. It has been sitting somewhere in Dublin for nearly 3 weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Ordered two small items from the Czech Republic last month. Supplier informed me that he posted on the 3rd November. He came back the next day with proof of postage and my correct address, according to Czech Post, item “left their jurisdiction” on the 11th November.
    So I want to the local sorting office, they were very friendly, but didn’t want to see the Czech documents, couldn’t tell me what route the item may have taken, where it might be etc.etc..
    All I got was, “There’s huge backlogs in Dublin ( I’m in Kildare) , don’t worry , it’ll probably arrive soon. Keep the faith.”
    Wonderful.

Again and again - think of going through security for a flight but the flight is delayed.

The "system" will show you have gone but if a flight is delayed, it won't show that.

Parcels are "checked in", but until space is available, they won't move any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Legaloo

Package just arrived at Dublin mail center, D12.. Any idea how long it takes to get down the country? Been waiting 6 days from the UK.

• Advertisement

One order from a Dublin retailer posted 9th December and made it to 'Dublin Depot' the same day.....and hasn't moved since. On the flip side my Amazon orders are coming through via An Post a day or two early each time. Special mention to a Holland & Barrett order that I placed one evening around 7pm with next day delivery via An Post...was in my hand in Limerick around 10am.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Orlak2410 wrote: »
    I ordered a skincare product from a website based in San Diego and was told that shipping would be 5-14 business days. I ordered it on Nov 23 and by Nov 28 it arrived in Dublin (according to the tracking). I still have not received the product and I contacted them the other day and they told me that because of the pandemic ir will take 14-28 days (this was not explained to me when checking out or in the order confirmation emails). I'm not used to purchasing online and I am wondering if this is normal. It has been sitting somewhere in Dublin for nearly 3 weeks now.

Mod - I presume this is shipped via USPS, so I"ll move it into that thread. Have a look through some of the other posts and you will get a better understanding of what is happening. Nothing is normal at the moment in shipping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭AutoTuning

Ordered two small items from the Czech Republic last month. Supplier informed me that he posted on the 3rd November. He came back the next day with proof of postage and my correct address, according to Czech Post, item “left their jurisdiction” on the 11th November.
    So I want to the local sorting office, they were very friendly, but didn’t want to see the Czech documents, couldn’t tell me what route the item may have taken, where it might be etc.etc..
    All I got was, “There’s huge backlogs in Dublin ( I’m in Kildare) , don’t worry , it’ll probably arrive soon. Keep the faith.”
    Wonderful.

If you have the Czech barcode just put it into An Post website as the tracking number. If it’s been scanned it will come up.

If the post from Cz is going through other EU countries en route it may be delayed there too. The post in a lot of planes is very screwed up at the moment. It took a friend of mine 3 weeks to get a letter from Spain to France for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

I’ve an item purchased from Uk on 27th November. Royal Mail tracking says it was in Dublin on December 4th. Nothing since. It’s a Xmas present, getting a little anxious on it at this stage now

My parcel 'arrived at postal carrier's facility in Ireland' on the 10th Dec.
    Contacted an post who have no record of it.
    Anyone have any insights for me?
    Is this usual and is it just sitting somewhere to process?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

My parcel 'arrived at postal carrier's facility in Ireland' on the 10th Dec.
    Contacted an post who have no record of it.
    Anyone have any insights for me?
    Is this usual and is it just sitting somewhere to process?

Probably sitting in a cage waiting to be scanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Just had a delivery arrive. 2 weeks after it left... my town. Literally 5 minutes down the road.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Mod - I presume this is shipped via USPS, so I"ll move it into that thread. Have a look through some of the other posts and you will get a better understanding of what is happening. Nothing is normal at the moment in shipping.

Thanks for that. Yeah a lot of people in a similar situation as me. It's still not our problem that there are delays in shipping so really we should be refunded shipping at least by the vendors. My product was 42 euro in total and 12 euro of that was shipping so it would nice to be even offered that back.

Thanks for that. Yeah a lot of people in a similar situation as me. It's still not our problem that there are delays in shipping so really we should be refunded shipping at least by the vendors. My product was 42 euro in total and 12 euro of that was shipping so it would nice to be even offered that back.

It's hardly their fault either . They should refund because COVID has caused a shortage in transportation?

It's hardly their fault either . They should refund because COVID has caused a shortage in transportation?

No they should refund because they told me 5-14 working days to deliver when I ordered in late november. Then three weeks later when I contacted them wondering where it was they said that it would be 14-28 working days or possibly longer. It's not a present but what if it was? It could be january before I get it.

No they should refund because they told me 5-14 working days to deliver when I ordered in late november. Then three weeks later when I contacted them wondering where it was they said that it would be 14-28 working days or possibly longer. It's not a present but what if it was? It could be january before I get it.

Which is probably what they were told by the carrier. As An Post did to people here when asked about 1/2 day express services. They took the parcel, charged for it and took 8/9 days to deliver. Should the shipper pay because they were given wrong information, again in a very uncertain climate?

I don't know if you're aware of it, but Trump was actively dismantling USPS in the US. Their backlogs are horrendous, and has been for months. Then you have pot luck as to them actually getting it on a an aircraft to either Dublin or London because 90% of the worlds flights are grounded.

Exactly the same is happening in Germany, Spain, Austria, Uk, Czech Republic. Its taking weeks, if not months, to get here from some of those countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Ordered something from Germany on Nov 26th, last update from DHL Post is Dec 1st in Cologne Airport saying it'll be handed to An Post with an anpost tracking link, which doesnt show it recieved yet. its a medium size package 1.5 Kg in weight. :(
    Finally some movement on my package. Shown as arrived in Dublin and sorted in the Dublin parcel centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Posted a large Express parcel on the 15th December in Dublin. The only update I'm seeing is that it was scanned in the post office when I dropped it off!

Judging by the delays mentioned here, is there any hope it will be delivered before Christmas? Delivery to Cork

There will always be some exceptions, but I've just downloaded our Tuesday and Wednesday report and out of several hundred parcels only 7 are showing as "sorted in Dublin 12"

Every other parcel has been delivered or out for delivery.

About 60% are delivered the next day and less than 5% are taking 3 days and less than 1% taking longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 carville

Darc19 wrote: »
    There will always be some exceptions, but I've just downloaded our Tuesday and Wednesday report and out of several hundred parcels only 7 are showing as "sorted in Dublin 12"

About 60% are delivered the next day and less than 5% are taking 3 days and less than 1% taking longer.

Mine must be the 1% then. Its been "sorted in Dublin 12" since 9th December and no movement since.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭AutoTuning

I'm starting to see long delays on UPS items from the continent that specifically mention the channel tunnel being backlogged.

Looks like we are going to be in for a lot of hassle if these logistics companies don't move to direct routes and keep tagging us onto the side of the UK.

Which is probably what they were told by the carrier. As An Post did to people here when asked about 1/2 day express services. They took the parcel, charged for it and took 8/9 days to deliver. Should the shipper pay because they were given wrong information, again in a very uncertain climate?

I don't know if you're aware of it, but Trump was actively dismantling USPS in the US. Their backlogs are horrendous, and has been for months. Then you have pot luck as to them actually getting it on a an aircraft to either Dublin or London because 90% of the worlds flights are grounded.

Exactly the same is happening in Germany, Spain, Austria, Uk, Czech Republic. Its taking weeks, if not months, to get here from some of those countries.

Yes it is the responsibility of the vendor to ensure that the parcel arrives on time. I realise it might not be their fault that it arrives late but the fact of the matter is that they said it would arrive within a certain timeframe and it didn't. I realise most customers might be reasonable and understand that it is busier than usual with an increase in e-commerce and slower shipping/customs due to social distancing and increased sanitization but that's a choice that the customer should have. When I enquired to the vendor about my parcel being late, I received a 'what do you expect attitude' from them and I was not happy with that. If Trump was dismantling the USPS well then the vendor should have factored that into account and informed their customers but they didn't instead they were worrying that that might put people off buying from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭shashaela

I've a package that arrived in Dublin on 12th December, says it departed the airport and in transit to the destination.
    No way would I expect the vendor to refund me. They shipped via USPS, it arrived in ireland within the timeframe, the delay is now the handover between USPS and An Post.
    I guess it coukd be January now before I receive it!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 greenfields46!

Darc19 wrote: »

I have a small parcel left UK on Tuesday night, wld u think ill get it in in the next few days?!! i hope so

I have a small parcel left UK on Tuesday night, wld u think ill get it in in the next few days?!! i hope so

I'd say so. Volumes have subsided and will continue to drop and there are more planes flying people home giving for letters and parcels

shashaela wrote: »
    I've a package that arrived in Dublin on 12th December, says it departed the airport and in transit to the destination.
    No way would I expect the vendor to refund me. They shipped via USPS, it arrived in ireland within the timeframe, the delay is now the handover between USPS and An Post.
    I guess it coukd be January now before I receive it!

That's what happened to me. I ordered it on the 23rd of november and it says it arrived in Dublin on the 28th but some of the previous posts on this thread suggest that the USPS can update the tracking saying it's in dublin when it actually isn't. It could be january by the time I get my parcel when I ordered it on the 23rd of november expecting it in 5-14 working days. Somebody has to be held responsible. I know there's a pandemic but people are in the habit or blaming absolutely everything on it. It's getting a bit old now.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

I had something sent from the UK on the 11th which showed up on An Post tracking today. So a week to reach Ireland but hopefully won't take too long to get to me from Dublin, the last one was speedy enough from this point onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭sportloto86

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Finally some movement on my package. Shown as arrived in Dublin and sorted in the Dublin parcel centre.

Ye, I have the same message since 14th of December...
    "sorted in Dublin 12" which according to some posts here is not very promising...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I got 2 parcels from the uk this week. Ordered on 12th. Happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Sent from UK on Thursday 17th, scanned into Dublin Parcel Hub yesterday 18th, and out for delivery this morning the 19th. I'm impressed.

Advertisement