Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

• Registered Users Posts: 73,394 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Carpentry wrote: »

You know you’ve got a right one when you see
    CONTOURED INTERIOR WITH TWIN NEEDLE IVORY CONTRAST STITCHING

Price isn’t that bonkers though. Yeah it’s a bit on the high side

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/26629843

€25k, for a 12 year old Fiat 500 (on 12 year old tyres) with Ferrari stickers on the wings

Number 127 was up for £19995 a few years ago.
    133 was up for €13920 but unsure when
    Number 198 was up for £22500 in October.

Asking isn’t selling though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Number 127 was up for £19995 a few years ago.
    133 was up for €13920 but unsure when
    Number 198 was up for £22500 in October.

Asking isn’t selling though.

Thats stupid money. They are not even anything special. Just a tarted up 100hp model.

You could nearly get an actual Abarth 695 Biposto for the same money. And thats a special car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Tzardine wrote: »
    Thats stupid money. They are not even anything special. Just a tarted up 100hp model.

You could nearly get an actual Abarth 695 Biposto for the same money. And thats a special car.

this was for sale a year ago though it is a 595 not a 695 http://www.backroads.ie/forums/showthread.php?28335-FS-2014-Abarth-595-Competizione-190bhp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

You could be lucky owner number 13 for only 9.5k.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-altezza/26800379

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

You could be lucky owner number 13 for only 9.5k.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-altezza/26800379

Luckyer again at owner number 14.

A general rule of thumb is if you’ve to tilt your head to look at pictures a car on DoneDeal you should walk away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

I Was VB wrote: »
    Luckyer again at owner number 14.

A general rule of thumb is if you’ve to tilt your head to look at pictures a car on DoneDeal you should walk away.
    Ah come on, that second photo adds a couple of grand instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

At least we know that many of them 322,728 km were put up doing aimless repetitive laps of Westport at the weekends when the pubs used to be open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

At least we know that many of them 322,728 km were put up doing aimless repetitive laps of Westport at the weekends when the pubs used to be open.

It would not be one for me, but to be fair it looks well minded. (The asking price is off the wall though)

Total magnet for being pulled over in by the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭cpoh1

These guys are the new twin cam in the eyes of the next 20 something generation and are fetching big money. Similar to previous discussions on the S2000, these are not worth the money but are making decent figures and while he wont get that for it he might not be far off with the right young buyer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

cpoh1 wrote: »
    These guys are the new twin cam in the eyes of the next 20 something generation and are fetching big money. Similar to previous discussions on the S2000, these are not worth the money but are making decent figures and while he wont get that for it he might not be far off with the right young buyer.

:pac:

:pac:

Good for me, like the S2000 my DC5 is worth the same as I paid for it in 2008 when it was 7 years old, the mx-5 is climbing too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Good for me, like the S2000 my DC5 is worth the same as I paid for it in 2008 when it was 7 years old, the mx-5 is climbing too :pac:

Must have been a cheap dc5 at the time, they wouldn't be fetching much beyond 10k at the moment and weren't they about 18-22k back in '08 ?

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Must have been a cheap dc5 at the time, they wouldn't be fetching much beyond 10k at the moment and weren't they about 18-22k back in '08 ?

No, mine cost 12k in late 2008, Grade 4 from Japan. Similar to the S2000 there is very few clean ones for sale in Ireland and a clean one will set you back £9-10stg plus VRT.

A friend sold his really clean 2002 DC5 recently for 12k, didnt even need to advertise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

No, mine cost 12k in late 2008, Grade 4 from Japan. Similar to the S2000 there is very few clean ones for sale in Ireland and a clean one will set you back £9-10stg plus VRT.

A friend sold his really clean 2002 DC5 recently for 12k, didnt even need to advertise it.

Ah a friend has a good '02 one too, it's not standard to be fair but very clean, low km's and in dry storage for the last 10 years - he had very little interest in it at 12k, it was 24 or 25k when bought in 05/06.

Now.. if it was a rusty aul RWD nissan it would be a different story :D

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Ah a friend has a good '02 one too, it's not standard to be fair but very clean, low km's and in dry storage for the last 10 years - he had very little interest in it at 12k, it was 24 or 25k when bought in 05/06.

Now.. if it was a rusty aul RWD nissan it would be a different story :D

Apologies for the O/T, A pic of mine after I pulled it out of storage during lockdown to keep me sane. Trying to convince the wife to hold onto her at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Nice bronze wheel colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,494 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Carpentry wrote: »

Unique alright, spec is sh1te on it.

No cruise control
    No heated seats
    No full leather
    No folding mirrors
    No reversing cam
    Non-standard alloys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

No cruise control
    No heated seats
    No full leather
    No folding mirrors
    No reversing cam
    Non-standard alloys

I was doubting you for a second but that's the only vRS I've ever seen without cruise (and I've looked at lots)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Early UK Mk3s didn’t have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

No cruise control
    No heated seats
    No full leather
    No folding mirrors
    No reversing cam
    Non-standard alloys

Auto but no cruise.

Who ordered that spec day one...?!

No nav either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Early UK Mk3s didn’t have it.

A neighbour of mine has a 151 UK import that doesn't have cruise either.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Austmcc

Can someone explain to me a diesel VRS. I'd view a VRS as the GTI or Cupra equivalent so I dont understand a diesel VRS.

In my head getting a diesel VRS is like getting a st line ford fiesta, or r line VW.

Completely feel free to educate me though. From what I know about the incoming Octavia vrs, the diesel is actually the more powerful option and only one with 4 wheel drive. But what about the older ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Octavia version of a gtd for diesel which stems from the gt tdi. However skoda have the same name for their petrol car too which stems from the gti.

VW did something similar for a year or two when they badged some 150bhp gt tdi golfs as gti.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭User1998

VW did something similar for a year or two when they badged some 150bhp gt tdi golfs as gti.

When did they do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

User1998 wrote: »
    When did they do that?

On the mark IV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Advertisement