Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Etoll? Who to use?

Options
  • 18-12-2020 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

Hi. I have an eflow account for our diesel but would like to get a tag for the EV. Won't be used much so would prefer to not have a monthly fee. Who to use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭zg3409

These are the companies that offer tags

https://www.etoll.ie/getting-a-tag/irish-tag-companies/

Check any tag with no monthly fee can be used to get EV discounts. I would ring them to confirm and try get it in writing too. Some no monthly fee can have a high purchase price and battery cannot be replaced so you may need to buy a new one in 5 to 10 years, probably closer to 10 if tag not used much

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

loopymum wrote: »
    Hi. I have an eflow account for our diesel but would like to get a tag for the EV. Won't be used much so would prefer to not have a monthly fee. Who to use?

I have a pay as go account with easy trip. They charge extra 10% for each use. ev discount applied automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭eagerv

I am with Tolltag, free tag on PAYG. No rental, just a 10%charge and EV discounts.
    Very happy so far, they were recommended here when we first got an EV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I'm also with TollTag after recommendations here. Also a rare user, so not having a monthly fee was important.

While I'm here, is there any kind of indicator the battery is getting low, like an intermittent beep like a smoke detector? Or will it just fail to work one day a few years down the line?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eastie17

Tolltag here as well on 3 vehicles for a few years, no complaints

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Reduced Toll Fares for Electric Vehicles
    From July 2018 till 2022
    http://www.etoll.ie/getting-a-tag/irish-tag-companies/
    Screenshot-from-2018-04-17-22-53-40.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭loopymum

Thanks everyone, I just ordered a free one from tolltag

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Thanks everyone, I just ordered a free one from tolltag
    Kramer wrote: »
    Tolltag make sure to process their "10% fee" the second before they process the EV refund - charging, in effect, between 20% & 40% fee for EV tolls, on the "pay as you toll" type account.

I had no problem with Tolltag, apart from that practice.
    As I said, they charge at least 20% on their PAYG tariff which could total an extra €50 to €100 per year.

Advertisement