Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Sushi from Lidl, nice and fresh.

Toffee Yum Yum from Lidl. It was... Yum-yum :p

Just had one with a mug of tea. They are seriously good!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

A couple of crispy duck legs and gratin potatoes courtesy of Lidl, simply awesome. There was a bottle of wine on the table that didn't even get poured or thought about but that is now rectified.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

a makeshift flatbread chili dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Pizza and chips with garlic bread for the girls earlier. I'm having one of those savage days again. Started out this morning with a honey and mustard sausage, fried egg and potato waffle with toast. For lunch I had the leftovers from last nights takeaway. Chicken curry over the chips with two satay chicken skewers on the side.

Having a few beers now and looking forward to Steak au poivre and baby boiled spuds in a while.

• Advertisement

Toasted special. Salad tomato, crumbed ham, spring onion and Charleville cheese with light mayo and a hint of French's mustard on seeded brown bread.
    Toffee yum yum and a mug of tea to finish.
    Various pain killers as a side dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Toasted special. Salad tomato, crumbed ham, spring onion and Charleville cheese with light mayo and a hint of French's mustard on seeded brown bread.
    Toffee yum yum and a mug of tea to finish.
    Various pain killers as a side dish.

Hope you're ok!

Hope you're ok!

Ah I'm grand thanks just the usual!

Posted all the way from Germany and by midnight tonight it's going to look a whole lot different...

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Posted all the way from Germany and by midnight tonight it's going to look a whole lot different...

Get em into ya!

Roast beef here. Tender as a babys arse. Potato gratin, baby boiled spuds, roast carrot and parsnip with a splash of beef gravy.

Reindeer cakes for dessert.

• Advertisement

I just spotted a Dunkin Donut stand in the shop but I didn't give in. (I see them in my future though)
    I have a 15% voucher off JustEat ending tonight which I should use really. Can barely recall the last time I had some takeaway grub.

Roast chicken, mash and garden peas. A couple of slices of wholemeal bread on the side. A slice of yule log for dessert. Bainne for the wash down.

Some caramelised red onion added to the honey and mustard sauce left over from yesterday's roast dinner. Had it over cheesey chips with chicken nuggets from the air fryer and a bit of coleslaw. Scrumdiddlyumtious for a Monday, cold Carlsberg helped too.

Some caramelised red onion added to the honey and mustard sauce left over from yesterday's roast dinner. Had it over cheesey chips with chicken nuggets from the air fryer and a bit of coleslaw. Scrumdiddlyumtious for a Monday, cold Carlsberg helped too.

Fook it. You tempted me! A bottle of Canadian. It's Christmas time.:D

I'm eating duck spring rolls from Tesco. They ain't great. The ones from Lidl are waaay nicer and come with a dip.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Fook it. You tempted me! A bottle of Canadian. It's Christmas time.:D

Go for it, I'm in full training for Christmas here,eating and drinking everything in the Christmas horde and replenishing it daily, if ever there was a year to over indulge it's definitely this one, that's my excuse anyway.
    Just had a bowl of Tesco tomato and basil soup (the carton one) and it was absolutely delicious, had Dunnes brown soda bread with tomatoes also (loads of butter and salt of course lol), it really hit the spot and I'm stuffed.
    I'm addicted to cherry tomatoes for at least the last 2 months, I'm waiting to get sick of them but it's not happening, weird.

I go through phases like that too. I used to buy punnets of cherry tomatoes and just eat them like that. I love tomatoes or anything tomato based.

Go for it, I'm in full training for Christmas here,eating and drinking everything in the Christmas horde and replenishing it daily, if ever there was a year to over indulge it's definitely this one, that's my excuse anyway.
    Just had a bowl of Tesco tomato and basil soup (the carton one) and it was absolutely delicious, had Dunnes brown soda bread with tomatoes also (loads of butter and salt of course lol), it really hit the spot and I'm stuffed.
    I'm addicted to cherry tomatoes for at least the last 2 months, I'm waiting to get sick of them but it's not happening, weird.
    I go through phases like that too. I used to buy punnets of cherry tomatoes and just eat them like that. I love tomatoes or anything tomato based.

Cherry Tomato's are god's fruit. Years ago when I lived in the sun, I grew them up on my roof terrace. We were overwhelmed with the regular crop.:eek: Apart from using them from breakfast, lunch and dinner, I regularly supplied a local restaurant and the owner paid me with pints.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I can’t stand tomatoes but I love tomato soup :D

Had a nice roast beef dinner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

rib eye steak,onions,mushrooms,chips and gravey,chilled bottle of water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Stuffed chicken fillet wrapped in bacon, broccoli & potatoes

I am now the one stuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Meatballs, Brsised beef and prosciutto totelloni in a chorizo & tomato pasta sauce. Actualy the tastiest thing I've cooked myself in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭VW 1

Simple old school bacon joint boiled, with broccoli and green beans cooked in the water after. Mash potato on the side, and a beer or two now to chill on the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

4 Cheese pizza, Garlic Cheese Chips and a Diet Coke

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Cherry Tomato's are god's fruit. Years ago when I lived in the sun, I grew them up on my roof terrace. We were overwhelmed with the regular crop.:eek: Apart from using them from breakfast, lunch and dinner, I regularly supplied a local restaurant and the owner paid me with pints.:D

I love tomatoes. Raw, fried, it doesn't matter. If you're cooking anything, mushrooms, bacon etc or anything it tastes so ,so much better with a tomato cooked with it. Even a plain tomato sandwich with salt is glorious.
    Oh I bought a craft beer pack from the OTB ads and loving Buxton pale ale. Bitter at first but it is 6.8% !

bassy wrote: »
    rib eye steak,onions,mushrooms,chips and gravey,chilled bottle of water.

Ah Jaysus man, you were flying n all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

Ah Jaysus man, you were flying n all.

almost 2 yrs off mineral,so its water all the way with food.

Venison casserole with mash and a few crispy cubes, a small bit of cake and an Irish coffee.

I went through the chest freezer this morning in prep for a meat shop later this week. I found homemade meatballs and a fillet steak. So job done. The steak has been out all day thawing. I've just seasoned it with some salt and pepper. Tis nearly ready for the hot pan. Gonna have it with chips and onion rings. Maybe a drop of gravy too.

What am I drinkin? Non of your business.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I went through the chest freezer this morning in prep for a meat shop later this week. I found homemade meatballs and a fillet steak. So job done. The steak has been out all day thawing. I've just seasoned it with some salt and pepper. Tis nearly ready for the hot pan. Gonna have it with chips and onion rings. Maybe a drop of gravy too.

What am I drinkin? Non of your business.:D

A nice tall glass of milk is it? ;):D

Advertisement