Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

The rubber grip is starting to peel on my gen 1 Elite controller. I think it is a common problem as I remember reading about it on here before.

Yes, happens them all eventually. I am soft on my controllers and I got 2 years from my series 1 before it started to peel. You can buy after market ones on Amazon and just replace them. They are ok and do work but I just decided to buy the series 2. My series 1 is still 100%, its a kinda spare now. I will say I had to replace the shoulder buttons on the series 1 though on mine and my brothers series 1. Another common issue and one that still exists on the series 2 which is hard to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

ZiabR wrote: »
    Yes, happens them all eventually. I am soft on my controllers and I got 2 years from my series 1 before it started to peel. You can buy after market ones on Amazon and just replace them. They are ok and do work but I just decided to buy the series 2. My series 1 is still 100%, its a kinda spare now. I will say I had to replace the shoulder buttons on the series 1 though on mine and my brothers series 1. Another common issue and one that still exists on the series 2 which is hard to believe.

Mine must be over 2 years old as well so got use out of it. But I didn't use it all the time it was dependent on the game. I haven't used the Series X controller since I bought it so the extra use must have caused it to peel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mine must be over 2 years old as well so got use out of it. But I didn't use it all the time it was dependent on the game. I haven't used the Series X controller since I bought it so the extra use must have caused it to peel.

I left mine on a windowcill on a sunny day and it must have softened the glue as it peeled back that evening, I was gutted as its a gen1 version that hasn't missed a beat. superglue is holding it at the moment but the shape was never quite right again.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

You can get rubber sleeves that go over the controller cheap enough on wish,I got a couple after the glue job didnt feel right,only a couple of euro but looked and felt great!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Going back through "the pile". Fair few in there I gave up on to get back to.

Ghost Recon - Beautiful but a bit samey

Gears 3 - Couldn't get on with it

Bioshock 2 - Loved it dunno why I stopped playing

Orange Box - Haven't even started Half Life 2 yet!

Dishonoured - Played about half of it

Fallout 3 - Gave up after a day or two

Rainbow 6 Siege - Barely played it

Splinter Cell Blacklist- Halfway through, struggling. I love Conviction and they changed the controls for some unknown reason. I miss the old Sam.

Busy winter ahead though.

• Advertisement

I take it gaming is not for you. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

The Nal wrote: »
    Going back through "the pile". Fair few in there I gave up on to get back to.

Ghost Recon - Beautiful but a bit samey

Gears 3 - Couldn't get on with it

Bioshock 2 - Loved it dunno why I stopped playing

Orange Box - Haven't even started Half Life 2 yet!

Dishonoured - Played about half of it

Fallout 3 - Gave up after a day or two

Rainbow 6 Siege - Barely played it

Splinter Cell Blacklist- Halfway through, struggling. I love Conviction and they changed the controls for some unknown reason. I miss the old Sam.

Busy winter ahead though.

Those games are very similar ... i.e FPS ?
    Time for a change ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

The rubber grip is starting to peel on my gen 1 Elite controller. I think it is a common problem as I remember reading about it on here before.

Your not using it properly if the grips don’t start to fall off : ). Have mine 5 years and I’ve the grips superglued back on. Had to trim the rubber back with a Stanly knife. It’s the only problem I’ve had with the Controller.

Your not using it properly if the grips don’t start to fall off : ). Have mine 5 years and I’ve the grips superglued back on. Had to trim the rubber back with a Stanly knife. It’s the only problem I’ve had with the Controller.
    Yep wasn't using it enough. I used to just use it for select games and since I got my Series X I haven't used that bundled controller once and just played with the Elite controller and now it's peeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Hey_Listen wrote: »
    Those games are very similar ... i.e FPS ?
    Time for a change ?

Theyre just the ones I haven't played all of. The pile to get back to. The played pile is bigger.

Ive a Switch aswell so BOTW and a few other have taken up a lot of 2020.

Might give the Witcher a go.

• Advertisement

Currently replaying Watch Dogs 2. I bought it on Xbox and was pissed they didn't make a Xbox One X enhanced version so I bought and finished it on PC a while back. Going through my games and seen this and said I may as well play it and I'm glad I did as it is brilliant. Long term users of this forum may remember me saying many times that this is the worst looking game on Xbox, well I don't know if the better CPU in the Series X is helping but the game looks decent obviously not as good as a One X enhanced or even a Series X enhanced but no where near as bad as I remember previously.

Xbox S X + headphones connected to the controller..how do I adjust volume ? Monitor volume controls don't seem to do anything. Can't find an enabled vol control in Xbox settings ...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Xbox S X + headphones connected to the controller..how do I adjust volume ? Monitor volume controls don't seem to do anything. Can't find an enabled vol control in Xbox settings ...

Settings > audio.

Can also use voice commands if they are enabled, I think.

Press the guide button and you will see a sound icon at the bottom. Click it with the A button and change how loud or quiet you want.

Will try that with and with a different set of headphones when I get a chance to get some game time!

Thinking ... I wish I could use the S X as a PC , love to see how well it would handle my work tasks. Also it's so cool looking and quiet ! MS designers to be congratulated here.

Hmmm I should use the S X thread but that's overloaded with pre order chat. Wondering if we can have a general Series s/X thread and a pre order thread ????

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hmmm I should use the S X thread but that's overloaded with pre order chat. Wondering if we can have a general Series s/X thread and a pre order thread ????

Have been thinking of doing a clean up for a while, will sort it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Cheapest place to buy a key for cyberpunk anyone ? I found it on cd keys for 48but says it can’t be installed in Ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Cheapest place to buy a key for cyberpunk anyone ? I found it on cd keys for 48but says it can’t be installed in Ireland ?

€35.89 on Eneba, you need to go on holiday to Argentina for redemption though.

• Advertisement

€35.89 on Eneba, you need to go on holiday to Argentina for redemption though.

I bough it off cd keys , went for the world wide option. Yet it’s telling me The code is for the wrong region when I enter it. Any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I bough it off cd keys , went for the world wide option. Yet it’s telling me The code is for the wrong region when I enter it. Any ideas ?

did you select this planet as your desired world? :P

get on to cdkeys, probably a region code sent by mistake.

Email them and get refunded.

Happened to me with Control. As it is marked as WW you don't know what country to go on holiday in to redeem.

Btw Eneba also have Dirt 5 for €16 for Argentinian travellers.

did you select this planet as your desired world? :P

get on to cdkeys, probably a region code sent by mistake.

I’ve sent them an email. I’m sorry I didn’t just buy it off the store now for the sake of 7euro lol

Happened to me with Control. As it is marked as WW you don't know what country to go on holiday in to redeem.

To be honest I don’t want to be changing region or anything , just want to enter the code and play. I taught buying the ww code would be ok

To be honest I don’t want to be changing region I just want to enter the code and play. I taught buying the ww code would let me do that

To be honest I don’t want to be changing region or anything , just want to enter the code and play. I taught buying the ww code would be ok

You don't need to change region. Visit xbox.com while on "holiday" in the code region then just sign in with your normal Live account and redeem the code.

Sorry if a stupid question (not sure if it's the same as what's just been talked about). Cdkeys have some xbox games that are UK region. Can you just change your region on the console to UK to redeem them? Thanks

Sorry if a stupid question (not sure if it's the same as what's just been talked about). Cdkeys have some xbox games that are UK region. Can you just change your region on the console to UK to redeem them? Thanks

That used to work, but now you need an IP address in the country the code is for. If only there was a way to change your location while online...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

That used to work, but now you need an IP address in the country the code is for. If only there was a way to change your location while online...

When did that change?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement