Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW13 transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭touts

2 weeks ago. Got to get Jota. He's on fire.
    Last week. Pulisic scored. Promising. FINALLY injury free and sxored. Will get him.

This week. Jota to Soucek. Pulisic to Son.

Don't ever want to speak of this week again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Do think the kdb / Bruno / salah midfield will pay off more soon, this week was always going to be a struggle with manc derby, the Jota injury and Lamptey vanishing. Am tempted to roll my transfer even with the Jota / possible Lamptey issues as I am so sick of transferring out injured players now. Every week since I wildcarded I have had an injury since zaha's covid.

After that then I can use the 2FT to do major surgery...

Currently set like this for midweek if I make no transfers with 1.9m ITB. Any suggestions welcome though as I am a novice at getting to this stage of FPL :O

McCarthy
    Kwp, chilwell, cresswell
    Kdb, Bruno, Salah, Bissouma
    Wilson, bamford, DCL
    Subs, Forster, Jota, Lamptey, kilman.

I know the feeling - I was very happy with my team when I WC, and then Zaha/Salah missed games so took some hits, and then City were playing Fulham and took more hits and that could/should have been a massacre.
    Now City are playing West Brom and I have 3 attacking city lads who I don't really want, bar KdB, but it's West Brom, so do I stick?

Then I had planned to get Bruno this week for a -4 at the expense of Vardy, but he could be having another party over xmas, and you know what Vardy parties are like...

So looks like i'll be going with Jota and Mahrez to Zaha and Grealish - which I think over the long term is +ev, but with Mahrez playing West Brom who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Pulled the trigger on bringing in John Stones....now do me proud son:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,199 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

What to do at a rank of 2m with no Son and Kane... There doesn't seem to be any point getting just one of them as won't climb that way even with them captained. Have Bruno Salah and KDB now, guess I just have to trust in them and try and get the captaincy right every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Banking my transfer for this round. Far too much jumping from one thing to another. Trying to chase points.

I'm nearly 120 points behind 1st place in my paid league so I have a big job on my hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭✭siblers

A boring Burke to Soucek.

Will look to get rid of Robertson next week to free up funds to get Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Robertson to Dias, which gives me enough extra to switch to salah next week, pending all goes well

• Registered Users Posts: 22,199 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Will probably do Jota to Soucek, frees up funds and they have a nice run coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭✭siblers

What to do at a rank of 2m with no Son and Kane... There doesn't seem to be any point getting just one of them as won't climb that way even with them captained. Have Bruno Salah and KDB now, guess I just have to trust in them and try and get the captaincy right every week.

Problem with Spurs is that they create so little. Son was anonymous yesterday and Kane was incredibly lucky to get that goal but they still keep returning points.

There's so many players to own who are returning and it's impossible trying to own them at the right time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

siblers wrote: »
    Problem with Spurs is that they create so little. Son was anonymous yesterday and Kane was incredibly lucky to get that goal but they still keep returning points.

There's so many players to own who are returning and it's impossible trying to own them at the right time.

I am considering getting rid of Son for Bruno (although that ll damage my team elsewhere due to 1.6m more cost)

Spurs seem to have tendency to score 1 or 2 and go into full defending mode, which is worrying if you own 2 attacking assets that cost so much.

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »

I put up this stat yesterday in the match thread, which highlights problems of going without spurs coverage (unfortunately i stumbled across this after i got rid of both Son and Kane)

Top 10k stats ownership

Son and Kane is 59%
    KdB and Bruno is 20%

Overall ownership

Son and Kane is 32%
    KdB and Bruno is 9%

So the two Spurs lads spurs getting points continuously is killing the rest of us who went a different route as the ownership is so high.

How many times this season had spurs lads blank and KdB/Bruno have had a great week? Hopefully it will change going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭claw

I am ranked 1.1 million and I don't have either. I got 69 points this week without them and moved up a little bit. I finally have KDB, Salah and Bruno now though. And sticking with it. It either works or it doesn't. I won't move up getting them both in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

And for all that Kane should have had a brace, goalie made a worldie save from a header at the death

• Registered Users Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Will either do Salah back to KDB or bank this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mairtmairt

I got rid off Jota to Torres at City. Its a gamble with Pep you never know but hoping he will start came on for Mahrez against united at weekend. Still have WC to use before the Xmas so its worth a gamble no other inj concerns. I am losing patience with Werner!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Will probably do Jota to Soucek, frees up funds and they have a nice run coming up.

Have also done this.

Also brought in Stones aswell to double up City defence. They are not conceding much now and Cancelo is risky. Surely I'll catch one each week and the week I get both is a nice return.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Think ill do Jota who I only signed last week to either raphina or lookman.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Happy with my team, despite going nowhere for the past 7 weeks (floating between 1.5m and 1.7m OR). Think I'm far too template at the moment

Mendy
    Robbo Cancelo Chilwell
    Salah Grealish Bruno Son
    DCL Wilson Watkins

Button - Soucek - Lamptey - Bednarek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I know the feeling - I was very happy with my team when I WC, and then Zaha/Salah missed games so took some hits, and then City were playing Fulham and took more hits and that could/should have been a massacre.
    Now City are playing West Brom and I have 3 attacking city lads who I don't really want, bar KdB, but it's West Brom, so do I stick?

Then I had planned to get Bruno this week for a -4 at the expense of Vardy, but he could be having another party over xmas, and you know what Vardy parties are like...

So looks like i'll be going with Jota and Mahrez to Zaha and Grealish - which I think over the long term is +ev, but with Mahrez playing West Brom who knows.

I had zaha for a while, fun to own if a little frustrating. It's only a game at the end of the day, but there is a luck aspect to it that would drive you insane if you took it seriously... Interesting christmas ahead, resigned to waiting for son/kane to slowdown. Getting them in won't get me back in touch with anyone above me.

Head was wrecked last night trying to figure out who to bring in for Jota, and needed to do before price drop - ended up with Almirón, Leeds and Fulham in next two games and he scored at the weekend. Bit of a punt no doubt.

• Advertisement

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    I had zaha for a while, fun to own if a little frustrating. It's only a game at the end of the day, but there is a luck aspect to it that would drive you insane if you took it seriously... Interesting christmas ahead, resigned to waiting for son/kane to slowdown. Getting them in won't get me back in touch with anyone above me.

Owning Grealish and Zaha together though have brought in serious points over the 12 GW's especially given their price point. They are averaging over 12 points a game, and that's with them both having missed 2 GW's each.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

claw wrote: »
    I am ranked 1.1 million and I don't have either. I got 69 points this week without them and moved up a little bit. I finally have KDB, Salah and Bruno now though. And sticking with it. It either works or it doesn't. I won't move up getting them both in.

Yea I’ve broke 200k (from being just inside the top million) (thought it was125 yesterday but it’s actually 192!!) this week after selling both 3/4 weeks ago to get in Bruno and Kdb. I got away with it as I captained both when they hauled. Taking captain points out of it I probably broke even on those transfers. It would of worked out great if Kane and son blanked!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Lookman or Soucek in for Jota. I just think the value they add at 5.0 will enable some other moves later so prefer them to the likes of JWP or Neto.

Curious if anyone has any strong opinions on one being better than another? Their Xg is identical, Lookman with a slightly better Xa.

Lookman more of an attacking player but Soucek is a huge set piece threat in a better team, and even finds himself in great positions in open play too.

Leaning towards Lookman but not sure. Soucek probably with the better fixtures over the medium term

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Morzadec wrote: »
    Lookman or Soucek in for Jota. I just think the value they add at 5.0 will enable some other moves later so prefer them to the likes of JWP or Neto.

Curious if anyone has any strong opinions on one being better than another? Their Xg is identical, Lookman with a slightly better Xa.

Lookman more of an attacking player but Soucek is a huge set piece threat in a better team, and even finds himself in great positions in open play too.

Leaning towards Lookman but not sure. Soucek probably with the better fixtures over the medium term

Both are appealing, I have Soucek and if in your position, I'd go Soucek.

I have Jota too but going to leave him in this week and start Soucek as he is generally in good form and West Ham are playing well. As you said, loves a set piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I am getting very tempted by Robbo and Jota to a 4.5m and Son.

Can't see pool keeping many clean sheets and Son is great fun to own.

Son Grealish Salah KDB Fernandes midfield

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

That is a shít hot midfield.

That is a shít hot midfield.

Yeah but **** could also be used to describe the backline!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Both are appealing, I have Soucek and if in your position, I'd go Soucek.

I have Jota too but going to leave him in this week and start Soucek as he is generally in good form and West Ham are playing well. As you said, loves a set piece.

Another slightly more leftfield option is Caveleiro for 0.3 more. He's playing centre-forward now and had some great chances versus Liverpool, and he's their penalty taker. I think I could still afford my future planned moves investing this extra 0.3.

Just seems like one that easily backfire though, I could see him losing his place if he had a run of bad games, and he's never really been prolific before, whereas Lookman and Soucek should be nailed for the season.

It's a punt that's tempting me just because of how many penalties we're seeing this season (Fulham have received 5 so far) but recent punts have not paid off, should probably play it safe.

Not sure if anyone knows much about Caveleiro?

Morzadec wrote: »
    Another slightly more leftfield option is Caveleiro for 0.3 more. He's playing centre-forward now and had some great chances versus Liverpool, and he's their penalty taker. I think I could still afford my future planned moves investing this extra 0.3.

Just seems like one that easily backfire though, I could see him losing his place if he had a run of bad games, and he's never really been prolific before, whereas Lookman and Soucek should be nailed for the season.

It's a punt that's tempting me just because of how many penalties we're seeing this season (Fulham have received 5 so far) but recent punts have not paid off, should probably play it safe.

Not sure if anyone knows much about Caveleiro?

Apart from a wonder season for me with Wolves in DM very little! Was having similar thoughts up you watching the Liverpool game though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,990 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Aiming for that myself. Have Salah KDB bruno Grealish and jwp.

Advertisement