Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭DeadWeight

Any1 else getting crashes on ps5???

• Registered Users Posts: 29,549 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

DeadWeight wrote: »
    Any1 else getting crashes on ps5???

None for me, seeing very few glitches. Maybe reinstall it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

lol, the difference a few days make
    https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kbmmjw/everyone_talked_****_about_her_but_im_starting_to/

edit boards breaks links with rude words, well it's a thread about the GS review

First comment sums it up nicely - "the review that infuriated this sub is far more positive than the game's actual reception here"

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Watched some of the PS4 footage. It looks like a PS2 game. Honestly can't understand how it can be that bad. I have games on my 3-year-old phone that look crisper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

The GS review didn't actually cover the huge problems people have with the game. Nobody cared that she rated it 'low' it was more about the reasoning and lack of effort she admitted in a later podcast. As usual journos didn't help at all in actually informing customers of things that would be of interest to them.

I never preorder so I'm safe. I feel I'll probably be getting a great game in a few months time after various patches and a new system. It feels like there's potential there and with tons of heatmaps, bug reports and user feedback they can adjust it. Things like absolutely no path tracking for vehicles is just unbelievable to leave out, though. Not sure I'd have much hope they're going to add that in unless they were somehow in the middle of it and ran out of time for release.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,900 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

All those 'lack of effort' comments from the GS reviewer have been proven to be utterly fabricated and frankly untrue. She put a lot of time into the game and side quests. It's just people looking for an excuse to hurl abuse at a female. It's a repeat of the too much water ballocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

The GS review didn't actually cover the huge problems people have with the game. Nobody cared that she rated it 'low' it was more about the reasoning and lack of effort she admitted in a later podcast. As usual journos didn't help at all in actually informing customers of things that would be of interest to them.

I never preorder so I'm safe. I feel I'll probably be getting a great game in a few months time after various patches and a new system. It feels like there's potential there and with tons of heatmaps, bug reports and user feedback they can adjust it. Things like absolutely no path tracking for vehicles is just unbelievable to leave out, though. Not sure I'd have much hope they're going to add that in unless they were somehow in the middle of it and ran out of time for release.

I mean by your own admission you haven't even played more than a couple hours of the game, I've put tons of hours in now and find myself largely in agreement with her much more than the other reviews

She sounds to have been spot on and matched up with my own view of the game. There was no indication of no effort and you're just trying to justify the bat**** treatment she got from a certain part of the gaming community.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    All those 'lack of effort' comments from the GS reviewer have been proven to be utterly fabricated and frankly untrue. She put a lot of time into the game and side quests. It's just people looking for an excuse to hurl abuse at a female. It's a repeat of the too much water ballocks.

There's nowhere to spend those brownie points, sir knight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,510 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Ah jaysus. Wish I knew that!!!

Only really applies to the smaller stuff.

It depends on rarity and item type, some even rare face items are worth more as items while a common jacket might be worth far more to sell normally. The parts per item type is standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    Watched some of the PS4 footage. It looks like a PS2 game. Honestly can't understand how it can be that bad. I have games on my 3-year-old phone that look crisper.

PS4 is 7 years old, CPU tech is 8-9yrs old.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

i've about 10 hours done and i'm not sure i'll play anymore tbh.

way too many cut scenes in the main missions. there's probably 10 minutes actually playing in some missions that take half an hour. and if you get bored of those there is hardly anything else to do other than drive around. gameplay wise, there is zero innovation here over open world games that have been around for 10+ years. in fact it's got less content than most games. the fundamentals are terrible - combat and driving are absolutely horrible janky messes, no satisfaction whatsoever. the city itself is dull, lifeless, far too small especially when you consider there is no verticality. 99% of buildings you can't even go into.

it's below average. i'd give it a 6/10 and that's being generous. last time i'll ever pre order a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Thanks for the info. Not sure what you mean by it though. Plenty of graphically beautiful games on the PS4 regardless of the years-old tech.

Big developer
    Game in development forever
    One of the last current-gen "blockbuster" titles
    Trailers show a rich world full of detail

Watching videos (glad I didn't pre-order) of the game on the PS4 is like comedy gold. I really wanted the game to live up to some of the hype at least. That doesn't seem to be the case. Might as well dust off my Dreamcast looking at the PS4 in-game graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

jajojepcor461.jpg

Im just gonna wait till I get my PS5 to play :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,118 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

jajojepcor461.jpg

Or they'll pull a Mass Effect: Andromeda and abandon it 4/5 months after release.

My face is tired from all of this

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Memes aside, it's interesting to wonder where they're going to go with this.

The bugs and performance issues will obviously be smoothed out to some degree. That is almost the easy part (easy in the sense of it obviously being extremely complicated and skilled work!)

But to me the deeper issues seem harder to fix than No Man's Sky. That game was open-ended and freeform in a way this game isn't - you can always pop into No Man's Sky and go somewhere else, see something new. This is a game with a clear, authored narrative set in a superficial, lifeless open world. You can't just play around with the procedural generation, because there is none. Unless their online mode is exceptional, there's not going to be a strong hook to stay around once you've finished the story. Everything from combat to the way characters interact with each other in the world would need to be re-imagined. Some of it is truly back-to-the-drawing-board level stuff.

I've read a few people thoughtfully pondering on the lack of things to do in the city other than just shoot a few more criminals for the police or some **** (this game really doesn't have much of the 'punk' in the cyberpunk :D). It's even annoying when you go up to a bartender and just get a menu, or a noodle bar and you mightn't even get that. Find an arcade machine? Non-interactive set dressing. It's the anti-Yakuza in that respect, and really makes you respect the sheer obsessive everyday detail that make that series' spaces so engaging.

Maybe CDPR will give it the love it needs and have a few tricks up their sleeves. Perhaps they'll use the DLC to push more ambitious ideas and systems. But there's the sense a total overhaul is needed - and, unless that multiplayer is exceptionally popular, doing it within the confines of a heavily authored single-player action game (I'd hesitate to even call it much of an RPG) is a hell of a tall order.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. Not sure what you mean by it though. Plenty of graphically beautiful games on the PS4 regardless of the years-old tech.

Big developer
    Game in development forever
    One of the last current-gen "blockbuster" titles
    Trailers show a rich world full of detail

Watching videos (glad I didn't pre-order) of the game on the PS4 is like comedy gold. I really wanted the game to live up to some of the hype at least. That doesn't seem to be the case. Might as well dust off my Dreamcast looking at the PS4 in-game graphics.

Well it's not just graphics, a massive city with this level of verticality and geometric complexity requires way more CPU power than usual.

It can be seen in some videos of the unpatched console version how the game straight up fails to load areas and has blurry walls in front of you until the jaguar cpus have caught up to the player and loaded everything in. It's just a massive test in performance in that regard.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Varik wrote: »
    Just a PSA don't ignore crafting, even with the base stuff without speccing into it or buying any recipes.

1. You can upgrade weapons rarity (requires a decent amount of items) for decent boost, and you can just upgrade the stats as you level which cost little to nothing. The cost goes down as your weapons becomes more underleveled. So you've never to swap out that great sniper you love for a ****ty common assault rifle just because you've out levelled the sniper.

2. You get 2 mods you can craft at the start which are made by the most basic components so practically free, depending on spec these can raise the armour of an item by 20-30 or more as there's a bit of a random roll with them. That rare or epic bit of clothes with all those mods slot could turn you into a tank. The other mod is a % boost to critical.

I kept the same item for ages as it dropped with an armour mod so it was better than anything I picked up for a few levels before I realised I could make the mods so easily. I was walking around in daisy dukes for ages because of this when I didn't need to.

What are the mods you are crafting and how did you get the blueprints for them? I haven't gotten any mod blueprints. Can't even see them in the stores to purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Memes aside, it's interesting to wonder where they're going to go with this.

The bugs and performance issues will obviously be smoothed out to some degree. That is almost the easy part (easy in the sense of it obviously being extremely complicated and skilled work!)

But to me the deeper issues seem harder to fix than No Man's Sky. That game was open-ended and freeform in a way this game isn't - you can always pop into No Man's Sky and go somewhere else, see something new. This is a game with a clear, authored narrative set in a superficial, lifeless open world. You can't just play around with the procedural generation, because there is none. Unless their online mode is exceptional, there's not going to be a strong hook to stay around once you've finished the story. Everything from combat to the way characters interact with each other in the world would need to be re-imagined. Some of it is truly back-to-the-drawing-board level stuff.

I've read a few people thoughtfully pondering on the lack of things to do in the city other than just shoot a few more criminals for the police or some **** (this game really doesn't have much of the 'punk' in the cyberpunk :D). It's even annoying when you go up to a bartender and just get a menu, or a noodle bar and you mightn't even get that. Find an arcade machine? Non-interactive set dressing. It's the anti-Yakuza in that respect, and really makes you respect the sheer obsessive everyday detail that make that series' spaces so engaging.

Maybe CDPR will give it the love it needs and have a few tricks up their sleeves. Perhaps they'll use the DLC to push more ambitious ideas and systems. But there's the sense a total overhaul is needed - and, unless that multiplayer is exceptionally popular, doing it within the confines of a heavily authored single-player action game (I'd hesitate to even call it much of an RPG) is a hell of a tall order.

But the issue with doing any of the above is that it is wasted money for cdpr. They will have to go in and basically rebuild it's core mechanics without gaining any extra revenue for it as so many people have already bought it.

This could also delay the release of the next gen upgrades.

Pretty embarrassing really. Regular AMD users posting hex fixes for the exe so it utilises cores correctly with people reporting fps gains.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/kbp0np/cyberpunk_2077_seems_to_ignore_smt_and_mostly/gfjf1vo

• Registered Users Posts: 29,549 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It's even annoying when you go up to a bartender and just get a menu, or a noodle bar and you mightn't even get that. Find an arcade machine? Non-interactive set dressing. It's the anti-Yakuza in that respect, and really makes you respect the sheer obsessive everyday detail that make that series' spaces so engaging.

Was thinking the exact same. I found some arcade machines and said I'll give those a go, i just assumed by today's and (years ago) standards that I'd be able to play. Disappointing i couldn't and even more disappointing when 2 different arcade cabinets were the playing the same loop if the same game.

This really needed the life that Yakuza brings. Absolute fluff but it's what gets you invested in a city. They went on about night city for so long and right now, the world of the Witcher is more interesting and i far prefer the setting of cyberpunk to fantasy.

Anyway, i haven't even met Johnny yet so maybe it opens up a bit more but I've already started fast traveling as i don't think there'll be much i find on my way on foot other than a gig of shooting up some goons.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Lame excuse. The game was marketed as "running surprisingly well" on last gen. Also game was meant to launch before current generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Its one advantage of physical media over digital.
    I could have returned it to gamestop etc and taken a small hit instead of having a boring ass game with poor combat lying in my digital inventory.
    Ah well will stick to DayZ and Fifa and get back to it in a few months if its picked up.
    The developer does tend to support games after their launch as evidenced by their Witcher series so fingers crossed they do the same here. Without the DLC costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Well my game is borked. Cannot get past the Braindance mission without crashing out.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Well my game is borked. Cannot get past the Braindance mission without crashing out.

You'l have to wait for a patch so? I just got past that on my third try. It was user error on my part though. I misread a game guide and did not look for the pizza slice. If it's any consolation, the concurrent mission with Takamura is more interesting than it seems on first hearing.

Is there a place to sell vehicles?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

So this game is awful? Thats what im getting from this thread :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Blazer wrote: »
    Its one advantage of physical media over digital.
    I could have returned it to gamestop etc and taken a small hit instead of having a boring ass game with poor combat lying in my digital inventory.
    Ah well will stick to DayZ and Fifa and get back to it in a few months if its picked up.
    The developer does tend to support games after their launch as evidenced by their Witcher series so fingers crossed they do the same here. Without the DLC costs.

Or maybe just don't buy a game until it's been released and reviewed by whatever sources you trust. Would be nice if some of those 8 million folks who pre-ordered have learned their lesson and stop doing it - let devs know their game won't be bought unless it's actually worth it. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement