Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Had an unfortunate glitch during the cutscene where
    Jackie dies where he was still holding his handgun from the combat section when he went to take the chip out of his head in the taxi. So during this emotional death scene I just saw him shove a gold pistol through his head.
    That's two of us!

Tell me, was
    his last action in this world to delicately, carefully, shove that gun into your head too... or was that also just me?
    :pac:

---

Got a real binge play in yesterday and I have to be honest, I'm really enjoying this (on PC). Can't wait to upgrade my hardware because my Gtx 970/2200g setup is really struggling at times when driving, and I have had to go to a mix of medium/low graphics in 1080p. I'm "blessed" a little here though because my eye for detail is truly woeful at times so I'm not noticing poor textures etc much.

Some janky bugs like the one mentioned in the spoiler are there, the gunplay is pretty poor (but the audio from some of the guns is great and satisfying), running feels a little static or clunky just in terms of your motion, driving ain't great, but I'm still very much enjoying it. Had 2 crashes, one in game and another loading a save which isn't good, but at least the boot time for teh game and loading times for saves are fast so I was back in the action in maybe 90 seconds.

Mind you I'm also the type that went for an almost all green (potion) build in witcher 3, spent stupid amounts of time sneaking in the hedges in horizon zero dawn to override everything without getting caught, and who just could not get enough of the stealth elements of MGSV. I really enjoy alternatives to the standard run'n'shoot/slash approaches, and when a game has them I tend to ignore the latter almost entirely.

One key thing for people on the fence right now in my opinion is that for someone looking to play this like a GTA or a high octane shooter game, you're likely going to wind up highly frustrated and will probably just give up. For someone looking to play a game of sneaking around and hacking into everything you can find, you may find it considerably more enjoyable.

Also something I took a bit to pick up... 3rd person view when driving is RIGHT on the d-pad. If GTAV taught me a ything it's that while first person driving is immersive, f--- even trying it in close spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just a PSA don't ignore crafting, even with the base stuff without speccing into it or buying any recipes.

1. You can upgrade weapons rarity (requires a decent amount of items) for decent boost, and you can just upgrade the stats as you level which cost little to nothing. The cost goes down as your weapons becomes more underleveled. So you've never to swap out that great sniper you love for a ****ty common assault rifle just because you've out levelled the sniper.

2. You get 2 mods you can craft at the start which are made by the most basic components so practically free, depending on spec these can raise the armour of an item by 20-30 or more as there's a bit of a random roll with them. That rare or epic bit of clothes with all those mods slot could turn you into a tank. The other mod is a % boost to critical.

I kept the same item for ages as it dropped with an armour mod so it was better than anything I picked up for a few levels before I realised I could make the mods so easily. I was walking around in daisy dukes for ages because of this when I didn't need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,603 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Varik wrote: »
    I was walking around in daisy dukes for ages because of this when I didn't need to.

Fashion Punk > Stats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Varik wrote: »
    I was walking around in daisy dukes for ages because of this when I didn't need to.
    Mmmhm. Sure. Because of the levelling. We believe you. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Rezident

Game looks like what I was hoping for but with the inevitable launch bugs so I don't want to spoil my playthrough of it yet. I'm playing the excellent Horizon Zero Dawn and happy to finish that first.

I understand the patches are helping - how long do people reckon before these patches fix the main bugs and performance issues? Is it weeks or months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

froog wrote: »
    Got the game running very well last night. Zero bugs.

Enjoying the quests, but the city feels lifeless. There's nothing to interact with at all. The game does not have so many things a typical GTA game has. There isnt even a barber ffs.

Let’s be honest we all mostly used them once then are never touched again LOL same with the eating stuff it’s all just fluff

Plus you can’t even see your character

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Rezident wrote: »
    Game looks like what I was hoping for but with the inevitable launch bugs so I don't want to spoil my playthrough of it yet. I'm playing the excellent Horizon Zero Dawn and happy to finish that first.

I understand the patches are helping - how long do people reckon before these patches fix the main bugs and performance issues? Is it weeks or months?

Well I think the most game breaking bugs will be sorted over the next week or 2 the good news here is there’s no online portion that they need to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I’m in awe of how terrible the menu design is. Just a complete, unholy mess of submenus.

I had to decrypt an in item. Selecting the item in the backpack (itself a mess) didn’t give me anything. Had to look in the shards menu instead... and even then it was riiiggghttt at the bottom of the list, after several tiers of subsections.

To be fair, The Witcher 3 was a bit of a disaster in this regard as well, especially at launch. But yeah it’s a serious chore to use in Cyberpunk.

On a positive note, I’m relieved at how well the game is running on PS5 still (no crashes yet, touch wood). Definitely drops to ~50 FPS or so during really demanding scenes, and no doubt the full fat next gen version will be a big improvement in terms of things like textures and resolution. But seems like a fairly substantial jump from the PS4 consoles, despite being a PS4 game, and looks and runs pretty well now considering the limits :)

I'm not a fan of complex menus as a general rule. I found The Witcher to be much the same. Just give me something like Skyrim. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I've been pleasantly surprised with the gameplay and shooting mechanics. Maybe it is because my expectations weren't too high but the combat is much better than Fallout 4, Mass Effect 3 or similar RPGs.

And then there's so many options in how to approach each mission, especially as the game progresses and you unlock more cyberware and quickhacks. The double jump cyberware is particularly good, allows you to get to places not accessible without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

driving and combat feel terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,230 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It has a little bit of the RDR2 problem to me, of a lot of the gameplay being divorced from the open world. The game feels at its most confident when telling you a set story. Yet these sequences are often heavily scripted, or take place within confined areas. The open world is a beautiful, dense thing to behold, but at its worst can feel like something you need to just navigate through to find the next chunk of story. That’s based on the first act, haven’t dug into act 2 much yet.

The game aims for immersive sim, but also doesn’t have the robustness or space for emergent chaos that the likes of your Deus Ex, Dishonoured of Hitman allow for. Hard to find the good upgrades in the labyrinthine menus, and you’ll be waiting a long time to access them. The on-rail shooting bits are just dreadful too.

I think the game’s mostly ‘fine’ rather than actively bad, ultimately. The density of the world (shallow though it may be), performances and sometimes storytelling are strong enough that it’s not as infuriating as RDR2, which had much more garbage to wade through before you got to the good stuff.

The 6-7/10 reviews were absolutely bang on the money, and that’s without bugs being accounted for (thankfully my game has been smooth so far in that regard).

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

It would be nice of the 'auto' DLSS option would let you set a framerate target on PC. I find the game pretty playable at 45 fps and I hit this regularly with the quality DLSS option, but 'auto' seems to want the game to run at 60/70 the whole time even if it ends up making the game look terrible.

DLSS really shows its limits with this kind of game, there's a lot of information on screen to reconstruct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭BalboBiggins

I'm not a fan of complex menus as a general rule. I found The Witcher to be much the same. Just give me something like Skyrim. :pac:

Your username says otherwise :P

Pure b****x that theres a delay in the Xbox hotfix.

I completed avoided playing yesterday as I'm trying to slow my play through while theres issues.

Want to play later and it doesnt look likely that will be there in a few hours.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,230 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

IGN did an Xbox One video, and the game is an absolute disgrace. Drops as low as 10 FPS!!! Scripted indoor scenes not coming close to making 20 FPS.

I’m at a loss that a major game company would release a game on any available console in this state. Truly unforgivable.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

LOL that's on a Goldeneye 64 level's of bad.

IGN did an Xbox One video, and the game is an absolute disgrace. Drops as low as 10 FPS!!! Scripted indoor scenes not coming close to making 20 FPS.

I’m at a loss that a major game company would release a game on any available console in this state. Truly unforgivable.

That's pretty bad form... The previous generation seem to have gotten the **** end of the stick and not much better in current gen. Reminds me of the Arkham Knight release, worked fine on all the consoles but was pretty unplayable on a high end pc... Smaller market but was bad form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

That looks like the PS3

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

That's pretty bad form... The previous generation seem to have gotten the **** end of the stick and not much better in current gen. Reminds me of the Arkham Knight release, worked fine on all the consoles but was pretty unplayable on a high end pc... Smaller market but was bad form.

I know the PC version is the biggest platform for this game but I'd say the base consoles have the biggest install base of the console platform. Doesn't seem like a great idea to give base console users such a bad experience.

• Advertisement

Azza wrote: »
    I know the PC version is the biggest platform for this game but I'd say the base consoles have the biggest install base of the console platform. Doesn't seem like a great idea to give base console users such a bad experience.

Yep definitely, there seems to be a huge element of them never getting a chance to fix basic bugs. Let alone actually optimising it. Hoping that the fixes come pretty rapidly but have a feeling the previous gen is not gonna be optimised unfortunately.

Your username says otherwise :P

It's a Game of Thrones nod, possibly they ripped it off Gerald. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

That's two of us!

Tell me, was
    his last action in this world to delicately, carefully, shove that gun into your head too... or was that also just me?
    :pac:

Yes that happened to me too :pac:
    I thought he was giving me his gun as a passing of the torch moment and then thought it was a major plot twist where he was going to kill me but no, he just wanted to pick my brain, literally :pac:

Think I'm going to concentrate on side quests for a while to build up my money and street level so I can get the
    mantis blades

I've spread my attribute points around so far but I think I'll just go full strength/blade and then do a stealthy corpo replay whenever they add new game plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've flip flopped on my position again so there's probably no reason to pay attention to me. I'm liking it again. The gunplay remains poor but it's getting marginally better as I level up. I've just played hours of it quitting after my first crash, from which I emailed a clip to the devs, mostly because it showed a sick double headshot.
    Friend sent me a screeenshot from the base PS4 and it was hard not to laugh. It's bad enough on the Pro but the base model doesn't even look like a PS3 game. I am looking forward to getting this for the PS5.

I did find it worse moving away from the main story but enjoyed the last session doing so.

Azza wrote: »

It’d be naive for PS4 /Xbox One owners to expect an experience equivalent to the next-gen or high-end PC one. But they’re perfectly reasonable to expect something playable... and this, fairly uniquely in recent AAA games, doesn’t appear to reach that bar for many.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

It’d be naive for PS4 /Xbox One owners to expect an experience equivalent to the next-gen or high-end PC one. But they’re perfectly reasonable to expect something playable... and this, fairly uniquely in recent AAA games, doesn’t appear to reach that bar for many.

It was clear from day one that there was a very big possibility those machines would struggle with this title, devs have performed minor miracles to get some games playable on those machines in recent times but this was always going to be a step too far imho.

Should they have made the game on those machines?
    It depends on the dev i suppose but for sure CDPR will get a lot of stick over this.
    They were always going to do so and cash in.

Dcully wrote: »
    It was clear from day one that there was a very big possibility those machines would struggle with this title, devs have performed minor miracles to get some games playable on those machines in recent times but this was always going to be a step too far imho.

It’s definitely easy to understand why the game is struggling - it’s a complex, next-gen thing and I’ve sympathy for the developers trying to cram it into seven year old boxes. But the game’s for sale for full price on Xbox One, and honestly simply shouldn’t be if the video above is anything to go by. This isn’t even a case of a game having big drops under pressure, which are understandable to some degree - the very best case scenario here seems to be borderline unplayable, while still looking like absolute crap :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭DeadWeight

The game crashing on PS5 makes me wanna delete the whole game feels like an early access game

It makes me appreciate Bethesda's approach with Elder Scrolls 6 anyway. CDPR put a lot of pressure on themselves and their developers by trying to commit to a date.

• Advertisement
Advertisement