Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bakery/Cafe

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭VENEATS

How’s it going? In at the deep end given these times!

Hi. So I did it for 14 weeks in total. It was profitable even considering the addition of the expenses I didnt have to cover, however just a small wage approx 400 (but covid did impact), if I had to pay these expenses. And for this I was working many hours. It depends what you want. If you the freedom of entrepreneurship, then great. If you want to earn a great living, probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭PickYourName

VENEATS wrote: »
    Hi. So I did it for 14 weeks in total. It was profitable even considering the addition of the expenses I didnt have to cover, however just a small wage approx 400 (but covid did impact), if I had to pay these expenses. And for this I was working many hours. It depends what you want. If you the freedom of entrepreneurship, then great. If you want to earn a great living, probably not.

Well done!

Would I be correct in assuming that you also learned a huge amount?

With best wishes for your next venture!

By the way, it's not easy, but it is possible to earn a great living in the business, but that's not why most people are in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭VENEATS

Well done!

Would I be correct in assuming that you also learned a huge amount?

With best wishes for your next venture!

By the way, it's not easy, but it is possible to earn a great living in the business, but that's not why most people are in it.

I'm a selfish boards.ie user, sorry for not getting back sooner. Absolutely learned a huge amount. And I'm sure if you used social media successfully and got to know your trade you could really do well.

It's really just something I wanted to try and something I could notch off the list of things to do.

Advertisement