Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taoiseach shocked and dismayed at Sinn Fein TDs tweet on IRA attacks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,347 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

If the Taoiseach is right why did they have dig to get a tweet and allege a homophobic insult, which is why he'll have to resign, if he does.

The Shinners aren't backing off on their view of the conflict/war (listen to MLMD's several interviews on the matter)

You are entitled to your view but that is the height of it.

Stop this prevaricating "allege a homophobic insult". You know and I know that dog-whistle homophobia is exactly the sort of thing that Stanley was engaged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,496 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    Stop this prevaricating "allege a homophobic insult". You know and I know that dog-whistle homophobia is exactly the sort of thing that Stanley was engaged in.

If it was, he'd be gone, with my blessing.

I don't have to tell lies to make his explanation of what he was saying work. You do.

Bowie wrote: »
    In your opinion.
    You are saying that all sides can only come together when they agree with you. You are not allowing for free will and other views.
    I think the British have no business in Ireland, but I respect that unionists differ and it can't be all one way.
    You are no different than a hardline nationalist or hardline unionist. Your way or nothing.
    That makes your view part of the problem.

No, read my post again, in fact it could be a litmus test to separate sociopathic Republicans from normal people. If you think that the events of 27 August were a good thing, you are not a normal person. Simple as that.

I am not denying people free will or other views or the right to hold an opinion, no more than I would deny Gemma O'Doherty or a holocaust denier to hold an opinion. I am just saying that anyone who approves of Warrenpoint or Mullaghmore is not a normal person in the same way that anyone who approves of Bloody Sunday is not a normal person. Simple as that.
    No, anyone that thinks that the events of 27 August 1979 were a good thing or were justified is not a normal person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Charlie Tanagan has driving me far away from FG. Fella probably has a union jack in his bedroom.

Food for thought for the baying hounds. Food for thought for FGers, who it seems to me, engage in this stuff, only to dredge up stuff about their own pasts.

https://twitter.com/RMcGreevy1301/status/1337170834306314240

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Food for thought for the baying hounds. Food for thought for FGers, who it seems to me, engage in this stuff, only to dredge up stuff about their own pasts.

https://twitter.com/RMcGreevy1301/status/1337170834306314240

Whether you agree with it or not, it is probably here to stay, with many documenting their lives through social media.

I don't think this will do SF much harm (unless some type of civil war develops as a result of the resignations).

As perfect an example of inadvertently dredging up stuff about yourself and your party as you could get, if you engage in 'outrage archaeology'. And this TD was at the front of the queue trying to put Stanley in the naughty corner. Oh the giggles in Francie's house. :)

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1337347250998140929

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

As perfect an example of inadvertently dredging up stuff about yourself and your party as you could get, if you engage in 'outrage archaeology'. And this TD was at the front of the queue trying to put Stanley in the naughty corner. Oh the giggles in Francie's house. :)

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1337347651046682624?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

She's the FG equality spokesperson, making an FG candidate step down because of an inappropriate Snapchat
    Am I missing something? Whats that got to do with dredging dirt on opponents
    This looks more like applying the new standard to themselves?
    Am I missing something here?
    I surely must be
    And you better answer that quick francie before the west Dublin shopping centre thanks me again
    Its getting embarrassing :O

Nobotty wrote: »
    She's the FG equality spokesperson, making an FG candidate step down because of an inappropriate Snapchat
    Am I missing something? Whats that got to do with dredging dirt on opponents
    This looks more like applying the new standard to themselves?
    Am I missing something here?
    I surely must be
    And you better answer that quick francie before the west Dublin shopping centre thanks me again
    Its getting embarrassing :O

Party business conducted by visiting another party member. Same thing in my book and plenty of others.
    I have no issue with her doing it, by the way. Said from the start they all do it. Just funny that FG unleashed this on themselves, probably more to come too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Charlie Tanagan has driving me far away from FG. Fella probably has a union jack in his bedroom.

I've seen several references to Charlie Tanagan on here, who the hell is he?

Party business conducted by visiting another party member. Same thing in my book and plenty of others.
    I have no issue with her doing it, by the way. Said from the start they all do it. Just funny that FG unleashed this on themselves, probably more to come too.

Ah,you can see why I missed that
    Your post didn't mention that at all ,it was the posting archeology only you mentioned i think

It wasn't in her home either so didn't breach coronavirus rules which is what you're going to have said to that
    You'll also have of course them saying they're applying their standards
    Looks like a non story to be honest IMO

Ah,you can see why I missed that
    Your post didn't mention that at all ,it was the posting archeology only you mentioned i think

It wasn't in her home either so didn't breach coronavirus rules which is what you're going to have said to that
    You'll also have of course them saying they're applying their standards
    Looks like a non story to be honest IMO

The neighbour who called to COM front door (as a friend, and left as a friend) didn't break the rules either as Lockdown was lifted, but even when Lockdown was in place, knocking on your neighbours door was still permitted.

It's not really the point anyway, your one (McNeil) was wheeled out to complain about how sinister it was for party members to challenge other party members on content posted on social media.

Even COM was tweeting about it.

https://twitter.com/christineomg5/status/1337189114433728512?s=19

https://twitter.com/christineomg5/status/1337196159866167297?s=19

McMurphy wrote: »
    The neighbour who called to COM front door (as a friend, and left as a friend) didn't break the rules either as Lockdown was lifted, but even when Lockdown was in place, knocking on your neighbours door was still permitted.

The no visits to your house rule isn't lifted until dec 18th afaik
    So yes That SF visitor to her house did break restrictions

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/life-under-level-3-and-a-bit-what-do-the-latest-restrictions-mean-1.4381858

• Registered Users Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭Floppybits

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/life-under-level-3-and-a-bit-what-do-the-latest-restrictions-mean-1.4381858

Did he go in or stay on the doorstep?

When was their ever any restrictions against knocking on a neighbour's door, (literally next door neighbours in the same street) and speaking to them from a socially distanced space?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

No, read my post again, in fact it could be a litmus test to separate sociopathic Republicans from normal people. If you think that the events of 27 August were a good thing, you are not a normal person. Simple as that.

I am not denying people free will or other views or the right to hold an opinion, no more than I would deny Gemma O'Doherty or a holocaust denier to hold an opinion. I am just saying that anyone who approves of Warrenpoint or Mullaghmore is not a normal person in the same way that anyone who approves of Bloody Sunday is not a normal person. Simple as that.

This is part of the problem. To repeat, you cannot expect things to remain unresolved until everyone else comes around to your view. It's not right and it's basically not democratic.
    Who are you to tell people they aren't normal?
    Can anyone who supports the BA be classed as not normal? Can the BA be classed as murderers? Can supporters of FG/DUP etc be labelled 'scum'? Do you think this is a mature way to have a debate and find common ground so we can move on?

How do you feel about a FG member meeting a 19 year old FG member to threaten him to step aside his candidacy because she didn't like a social media post?

I've seen several references to Charlie Tanagan on here, who the hell is he?

A supporter of commemorating the sterling work carried out by the RIC/Black and Tans. A man who signs off on votes without knowing what he's voting about. A poor example of a public representative.

A supporter of commemorating the sterling work carried out by the RIC/Black and Tans. A man who signs off on votes without knowing what he's voting about. A poor example of a public representative.

He was justice minister. Think about that.

• Advertisement

A TD/Minister who may be in trouble for his handling of a whistleblower.

He's a very naughty boy!

When was their ever any restrictions against knocking on a neighbour's door, (literally next door neighbours in the same street) and speaking to them from a socially distanced space?

Is that what happened?
    Restrictions say they're not even allowed in the garden
    I don't think this should have been dealt with by calling to someone's house anyway
    The optics are terrible
    I also don't think its comparable to an FG T.D persuading a candidate not to run because they abused someone online
    In actual fact that FG T.D and Christine O'Mahony were doing the same thing (calling out a party member for online abuse)
    Except Christine was being censored for it

That's where I'm at on that
    Its turned into a mess

Is that what happened?
    I don't think this should have been dealt with by calling to someone's house anyway
    The optics are terrible
    I also don't think its comparable to an FG T.D persuading a candidate not to run because they abused someone online
    In actual fact that FG T.D and Christine O'Mahony were doing the same thing (calling out a party member for online abuse)

Its turned into a mess

Party members call around to other members houses. It's common in many if not all parties. This smacks of the 'unelected people making decisions' spin, as happens in all parties.

Basically, he saw social media he didn't like for the party optics and called around to ask her to delete it. He lived around the corner. Knocking in wasn't a deal IMO. FG and posters on here lied and spun it that SF sent the heavies around.

She saw social media she didn't like, asked to meet the chap and upon meeting him threatened him to step aside his candidacy.

Now that's without the 't'was a dark chill night...' crap.

Trying to make it about Covid is fair enough but it ignores the numerous comments over days spun to make him calling around sound like a sinister action when it wasn't and we have this one actually threatening this chap.
    So take them as you may but recognise the hypocrisy, (and silence) from the FG lobby.

Is that what happened?
    The optics are terrible

Its turned into a mess

'Is that what happened?' Sounded to me that she coerced/threatened or blackmailed the young man not to run.

It's not really the point anyway, your one (McNeil) was wheeled out to complain about how sinister it was for party members to challenge other party members on content posted on social media.

Even COM was tweeting about it.

https://twitter.com/christineomg5/status/1337189114433728512?s=19

https://twitter.com/christineomg5/status/1337196159866167297?s=19

So the heavies were ok because Covid allowed it by a day. Of all the excueses this is the lamest. Was Covid in place every time the Tipplad called around to tell people who to vote for in the selection convention?

Party members call around to other members houses. It's common in many if not all parties. This smacks of the 'unelected people making decisions' spin, as happens in all parties.

Basically, he saw social media he didn't like for the party optics and called around to ask her to delete it. He lived around the corner. Knocking in wasn't a deal IMO. FG and posters on here lied and spun it that SF sent the heavies around.

She saw social media she didn't like, asked to meet the chap and upon meeting him threatened him to step aside his candidacy.

Now that's without the 't'was a dark chill night...' crap.

Trying to make it about Covid is fair enough but it ignores the numerous comments over days spun to make him calling around sound like a sinister action when it wasn't and we have this one actually threatening this chap.
    So take them as you may but recognise the hypocrisy, (and silence) from the FG lobby.

How come it was the first time he called around if it was so normal?

So the heavies were ok because Covid allowed it by a day. Of all the excueses this is the lamest. Was Covid in place every time the Tipplad called around to tell people who to vote for in the selection convention?

Still having to lie about it to make it into something. Sad.

• There's a lot misreporting going on regarding that neighbour's visit.

The only place to get a full grasp of what went on is on Christine's twitter timeline. Everything else is waffle and angling.

What heavies? You know this was a lie. Why do you keep telling it?

Where do you stand on the young FG lad being threatened by a more senior FG?
    How come it was the first time he called around if it was so normal?

Ask him. I'm speaking on the fact that it happens. You still won't acknowledge you spun a FG lie about heavies.

• Advertisement

'Is that what happened?' Sounded to me that she coerced/threatened or blackmailed the young man not to run.

She said she would take it further and she did,resulting in him withdrawing eventually when it was brought up at a hustings
    I'll attach the article below
    He met her with his father according to the article
    I do think this one is a non story
    Its more gossipy than anything
    I mean seriously 'ding dong the witch is dead',they're offended by that?
    Let them at it so

Advertisement