Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Your Honor - US Pace -Showtime - (**Spoilers**)

Options
  • 06-08-2020 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭

The ten-part series is exec produced by The Good Fight duo Robert and Michelle King and The Night Of’s Peter Moffat, who also writes. Cranston stars and exec produces.
    Your Honor is a new SHOWTIME limited series and legal thriller that rips through all strata of New Orleans society. Bryan Cranston will star as a respected judge whose son is involved in a hit-and-run that leads to a high-stakes game of lies, deceit and impossible choices.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Arrives in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I love New Orleans dramas too

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Story doesn't look very original, admittedly. There's enough here to suggest the walls will start to close in pretty quickly. New Orleans setting should make it interesting too.

Starts December 6th

Ramping up the tension with this trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is it just or has there been a few dramas lately of parents covering up or proving their kids innocence as the theme etc.,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭robwen

Sky Atlantic are showing it over here but no date yet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Threads merged.

Threads merged.

Excellent opening episode I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Terrific stuff. Great drama.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Excellent first episode. Looks like it will be a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Excellent stuff.. good to see Cranston back on telly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Very good first half of episode one. Second half hmm. Dunno how to do spoilers but started to look like a Harlen Coben adaptation like Safe. Cranston great as usual. Son was very good and I like Tony Curran though I guess he won't have a very big part. Look forward to ep 2. Major suspension of disbelief needed coming would be my guess.

Another cracking episode I can't see this ending good for anyone.

I'm not sure this is as good as some are making out, however I'll stick to its strengths for now and no doubt it'll keep us entertained during what's going to be miserable January. There's no way the judge can keep all those spinning plates in going - his downfall seems like the main outcome, with Adam as collateral damage.

Margo Martindale is a welcome addition and definitely someone to make everyone a little more uncomfortable.

Along with some cold soup, obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

For a judge he does very little actual judge work.

Episodes 3 & 4 started to lose me a bit to be honest it is getting itself to over complicated now for what really should be a simple story to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Episode 5 was a return to form. Really tense and revealing more on the Irish and African American gangs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Episode 5 was a return to form. Really tense and revealing more on the Irish and African American gangs

Out already? says not airing until 3rd for me.

Out already? says not airing until 3rd for me.

Showtime released it early for those who have Showtime streaming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Yeah it’s supposed to be a Scottish crime family , not sure if there ever was such a thing. I absolutely loved episode one, the crash scene was stunning but unfortunately it’s being going slightly downhill up till the second half of episode 5 tonight, nice little turn of pace and I’m really looking forward to episode 6 now

• Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Just catching up on last weeks episode, the wait each week is hell, I'd watch the entire show of a Sunday if I could, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Just catching up on last weeks episode, the wait each week is hell, I'd watch the entire show of a Sunday if I could, lol.

It's nice to have to wait for a change, plenty to binge on Netflix ect

It's all getting a bit to ludacris now for a series that started off being a serious drama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

I'm exhausted after watching each episode. Glad of the break between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,033 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

It's all getting a bit to ludacris now for a series that started off being a serious drama.

I think its great, it shows how once you start down a path things snowball quickly and you have to make more and more compromises.

What do you think is ludacris out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

GreeBo wrote: »
    I think its great, it shows how once you start down a path things snowball quickly and you have to make more and more compromises.

What do you think is ludacris out of interest?

An Atlanta rapper 😉

It does show how one lie leads to another lie and the consequences of such actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,033 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

An Atlanta rapper 😉

It does show how one lie leads to another lie and the consequences of such actions.

I was sure the bodies were going to start to mount up at the dock, friendly neighbour man seemed ripe for a bullet!

they were certainly lucky the yard was so deserted for those hours....I cant remember what time it was they were meeting at but it seemed "normal" enough hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Think they could have had this show done in about 8 episodes. It started strong but it's dragging a bit now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

It's incredibly silly for a show presented in such a serious and grim tone. The plot and plot contrivances are absolutely ludicrous. I'd have probably given up by now if not for Cranston and the excellent production values. They keep it just about enthralling enough to keep going.

The less said about the son the better, ugh.

Advertisement