Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Honor - US Pace -Showtime - (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,057 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Cina wrote: »
    It's incredibly silly for a show presented in such a serious and grim tone. The plot and plot contrivances are absolutely ludicrous. I'd have probably given up by now if not for Cranston and the excellent production values. They keep it just about enthralling enough to keep going.

The less said about the son the better, ugh.

The son is....very dim.
    I'd have shopped him to Baxter ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

No episode this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Malcomex

7/10

The best bit is the incredible stories the judge spins to get the information he wants

The wife beater whole stole the car lol

Few issues like frankie manhandling the nebulizer and then checking it for dna

The guy at the petrol station, no way does he live after giving up the judge

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I just finished episode 5 last night, and as others state, it escalated pretty quickly! Loving it though, it was just what I needed - only negatives IMO is the son is annoying AF and yes,
    I get that he's obesessing andthe relationship with him and the Mobsters daughter will be significant, but the scenes with just them in make me want to hit ffwd ... zzzzz - just keep us focused on Hank, I mean Walter ... what's his name in this again lol?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Episode 8 is the first US show I can think of that shows the impact of Covid-19. Was a bit weird though given it seems all scenes outside the courtroom were filmed normally but inside the courtroom was after covid-19. Like how can they all go for dinner normally and the kids go to school yet the court is all separated? I guess they didn't want to have to re-shoot the rest of those scenes.

It's all so damn silly but just about good enough to keep me watching it every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Episode 8 is the first US show I can think of that shows the impact of Covid-19.
    I watch about 10 other US shows and most have addressed Covid's impact to varying degrees, the exception is Snowpiercer (so far anyway, but for obvious reasons I'm not expecting them to bring it up).
    Was a bit weird though given it seems all scenes outside the courtroom were filmed normally but inside the courtroom was after covid-19. Like how can they all go for dinner normally and the kids go to school yet the court is all separated? I guess they didn't want to have to re-shoot the rest of those scenes.
    I got the feeling while I was watching it that the writers needed an excuse to have the courtroom cleared of journalists and the public so there'd be less attention on Cranston's character's bias. They probably had some other way of doing this pre-Covid and then just went with 'it's because of the virus' when the production started up again. I probably put more thought into that than the writers though so I could be completely wrong :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Malcomex

I keep thinking cranston is harrison ford

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Really hating the show now. The son has become so terrible but not in an interesting way. Cranston is the only thing keeping the show interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,317 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It really is bordering on the stupid ridiculous now however I have stuck with and will see it out to the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,451 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

It really is bordering on the stupid ridiculous now however I have stuck with and will see it out to the end.

There was a scene in the "previously on Your Honor" it has the detective looking at photos Michael's wife took of the gang now I have never seen that scene in any of the previous episodes, can anyone recall seeing it? Adam is such an unlikeable character. As you say we might as well stuck it out to the end but I doubt it will redeem itself in the final episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dusty Fogg

There was a scene in the "previously on Your Honor" it has the detective looking at photos Michael's wife took of the gang now I have never seen that scene in any of the previous episodes, can anyone recall seeing it? Adam is such an unlikeable character. As you say we might as well stuck it out to the end but I doubt it will redeem itself in the final episode.

I noticed that too! I thought I must have fallen asleep during a previous episode.

Seems the scene wasn't in previous episodes, I don't recall it either. There's a few posts about it on the show's sub-reddit and the consensus is it was edited out of a previous episode but they had to include it in the recap so the plot would make sense.

I have actually begun forwarding past the scenes with just Adam and Fia, can't remember the last time 2 characters irritated me this much!

I was enjoying this up until a couple episodes back, it's just become very lame, becoming a bit of a chore to get through overall if I'm honest

• Registered Users Posts: 81,275 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Not sure how it will all be cleared up in one more episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Not sure how it will all be cleared up in one more episode.

Oh I hope it is finished, it's gotten too ludicrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

It's just not a show that warrants 10 episodes and as a result they added loads of extra crap that made the whole thing more and more ludicrous as it went along. I think it would've been a much better show if it was maybe six episodes long.

Oh and Adam is such a terrible character. Why are they always so crap at writing teenagers in these shows? The idea that a moody, boring, self obsessed little twerp like him can be fawned over by two women like that is probably the most unbelievable thing in a show full of ridiculousness.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,317 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I did laugh at the “Well you can’t ever have me now” line.

That was about the only good thing in that finale.

I did laugh at the “Well you can’t ever have me now” line.
    I got a few laughs from Adam's various facial expressions too, I don't think they were going for comedy though
    That was about the only good thing in that finale.
    It was a dreadful ending, presumably they think they're getting it renewed - the whole series has been weak at best, with the exception of the first episode. If it is just a limited series then it's not worth watching for anyone who hasn't started yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

Completely disagree with most in this thread in that I really enjoyed the series. One where you can switch off and enjoy. Cranston was excellent in my opinion and just a real shame that it is a limited one off series

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,275 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

irishchris wrote: »
    Completely disagree with most in this thread in that I really enjoyed the series. One where you can switch off and enjoy. Cranston was excellent in my opinion and just a real shame that it is a limited one off series

I liked the ending, completely unexpected.

You can see from some parts of the series that Covid restrictions perhaps rushed things but I found it enjoyable none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,172 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Your Honor will debut on Sky Atlantic and NOW TV on Tuesday 2nd March 2021

So why was the detective still investigating the case and why was the lawyer still trying to clear Kofi?

I wonder was the original any better?

OmegaGene wrote: »
    the detective was investigating an open murder investigation and trying to close it as a friend of the family and the lawyer was asked to help kofi by the judge and became emotionally invested in the case and wanted to clear his name

now as for why the two ladies in question would walk away makes no sense

You mean the wifes murder investigation?
    Kofi pleaded guilty to murdering the Baxter kid, so that case was closed right?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

So the
    wife having an affair
    storyline was comletely pointless as far as I can tell? Why include it in that case? I was half expecting
    your man from the Wire to be revealed as the wife's lover
    :pac:

The ending seemed very rushed to me and the finale itself was dreadful.

Adam and the daughter were two of the least likeable characters I've seen on TV in a while. Good grief.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Finished this last night and really enjoyed . Thought Bryan Cransont played the role very like he did in Breaking Bad.

So the
    wife having an affair
    storyline was comletely pointless as far as I can tell? Why include it in that case? I was half expecting
    your man from the Wire to be revealed as the wife's lover
    :pac:

The ending seemed very rushed to me and the finale itself was dreadful.

Adam and the daughter were two of the least likeable characters I've seen on TV in a while. Good grief.

Pretty much how I felt, turned from half decent into one of the biggest disappointments I've watched last few years. People over rating Cranston too, he plays a mix of WW and Hank, he could do this in his sleep .... I hope it's done for good.

The finale was one of the most predictable you could imagine also, I don't get how anyone would 'not see it coming'. Once there was the one episode left and it had to wrapped up, you just had to know, it was going to be some thrown together 'karma' ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

worth a watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The idea that a moody, boring, self obsessed little twerp like him can be fawned over by two women like that is probably the most unbelievable thing in a show full of ridiculousness.
    One is supposed to be a girl, 16 or 17 I guess. Which I found ridiculous, I remember looking at her one stage early on in the school uniform and wondering "why the hell is she (a grown woman who could pass for being in her early 30s) wearing a dress like that, it looks like a school uniform, -ohhhh, it IS a school uniform". I saw some review saying similar -looked like she was going to a fancy dress party.
    It was a dreadful ending, presumably they think they're getting it renewed.
    I thought there was no chance at all, that is one of the reasons I decided to definitely watch it, knowing it was a one off mini series, and would have no cliff hangers or anything.
    fryup wrote: »
    worth a watch?
    I think so. I got through it in 3 nights. I did find a lot of BB similarities. I wondered how the reviews would have been if BB never existed.

Yer man suffered from a severe case of Varadkar mouth, like Jimmy Carr.

YourHonor_102_1929_R.jpg

new-plastic-driving-licences-5-752x501.jpg
    image-8-for-people-pictures-gallery-621795684.jpg

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    I thought there was no chance at all, that is one of the reasons I decided to definitely watch it, knowing it was a one off mini series, and would have no cliff hangers or anything.
    Same, I just assumed it would be a standard mini-series. It's not that I expect perfect closure in shows or films I watch but that ending (to me) was the writers leaving it open for another season. Although, this is a series which feature a scene in a "previously on" which wasn't in any other episode so anything is possible.

Advertisement