Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WFS Forestry

• 09-11-2018 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

I was a little curious about these guys. They're promising a 14% per year *guaranteed return* which seems... crazy. You start off with an investment of €9,600 and walk away with €15,600 five years later.

From talking to them it sounds like there's absolutely no way you would not get this return. The trees are insured for €24 a pop, so in the event of a total or partial loss you get the insurance money for the lost trees, and there's a already a contract to buy all the trees. That contract specifies a price of €24 a pop. I asked under what circumstances would I not get the final 15,600 and they didn't address the question, which is worrying :p

The usual "if it's too good to be true then it is" adage comes to mind, and they haven't provided any concrete details about anything as of yet. So - has anyone taken part in these offerings and how did it go? There's not much info in boards, or online, about these Forestry investments. The information I could find was broadly speaking quite negative, so I think that's probably enough for me to pass on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 parforsa

I am describing my experience with this guys (another company) here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?p=110041316

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ruthkrean

I invested 15,000.00€ with WFS Forestry Ireland Ltd in 2017 and was successful in receiving my return last week and two years early. During such a strange time in the world, this was well received and I placed 5,000.00€ back with them. I am more than happy to talk to anyone who has doubts as WFS has been great to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CiaranGuilfoyle

Hi my name is Ciaran Guilfoyle, I invested in this company and would like to talk to anybody else who has. I’ve gone to the Guards. I am speaking to a solicitor and taking other action. 

ID LIKE TO TALK TO ANYBODY ELSE WHO HAS HAD PROBLEMS WITH THIS COMPANY!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CiaranGuilfoyle

Hi my name is Ciaran Guilfoyle, I invested in this company and would like to talk to anybody else who has. I’ve gone to the Guards. I am speaking to a solicitor and taking other action. 

ID LIKE TO TALK TO ANYBODY ELSE WHO HAS HAD PROBLEMS WITH THIS COMPANY!

Advertisement