Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

This year was pretty much January, February, Maaaaaarrrrrrrch, December

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How about

Yippee Ki Yay

th?id=OIP.OBaWSyPjFYdlJorgdGAyfwAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=273&h=176

Good idea. I’ll ask the office.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Asked and granted :P

• Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I see there is now an Amazon warehouse in Dublin so are we going to get an Amazon.ie from the 1st of January with Bexit kicking in?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I see there is now an Amazon warehouse in Dublin so are we going to get an Amazon.ie from the 1st of January with Bexit kicking in?

We can but dream. They've had a warehouse in the North for a long while now as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bob Dylan sold the rights his whole catalogue of songs for a couple of hundred million to Universal.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,759 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Bob Dylan sold the rights his whole catalogue of songs for a couple of hundred million to Universal.

Nice retirement money for him not that he needs it

Buzzing for the All Ireland hurling final this weekend, god if Waterford can win it ill be drunk a lot over christmas (don't worry ill have my substantial meal :p:p). We are going to need the game of our lives this Limerick team is quite outstanding

• Registered Users Posts: 84,967 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

th?id=OIP.huM35yrUMK7X4AXGgoJbggHaEC&pid=Api&P=0&w=275&h=151

Happy Christmas Liz and to all on PW Boards.

https://www.virginmedia.ie/gamingcomp

Virgin Media is giving away a PlayStation 5 along with an extra controller and a €350 online game store voucher

• Advertisement

Have yourself a merry little Christmas
    Let your heart be light
    As from now on, a vaccine is in sight
    So have yourself a merry little Christmas

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Have yourself a merry little Christmas
    Let your heart be light
    As from now on, a vaccine is in sight
    So have yourself a merry little Christmas

Here here.

Happy Christmas Liz. Hopefully Christmas 2021 will be back to normal.

Happy Christmas all

Tis very different than we all imagined but look lets hope its only a once off and 2021 will see the return of the 'real christmas'

Happy Christmas to you all.

Happy New Year

Hope 2021 is a good one for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Brand new Ultimate Sporting Venues Tournament is open for nominations. Click here to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Omackeral wrote: »
    Brand new Ultimate Sporting Venues Tournament is open for nominations. Click here to check it out.

Youre some man for the tournies.

While Im here, its January 2021. Why not start the year on the front foot with something new, exciting and mysterious.

The forum games presents its first game of the year and its TERMINATOR themed.

Ever you watched Terminator or T2 - Judgment Day and thought how cool would it be to relive the moments experienced by John Connor as he is stalked by a cyborg killing machine from the future ? Well now is your chance to try it out!

This will be a fairly simple game to play, nothing complex and hopefully ideal for new comers who want to finally find out what all this Werewolf business is all about.

Game begins Sunday 24th 2020. Sign ups are now open

TERMINATOR WEREWOLF

Omackeral wrote: »
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Youre some man for the tournies.

Mac the Tournie King ;)

The USA has officially gone mad, capital hill under attack.

Meanwhile here isn't much better esp with our rolling lockdowns and 100,000s out of work

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The USA has officially gone mad, capital hill under attack.

Meanwhile here isn't much better esp with our rolling lockdowns and 100,000s out of work

Here is a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Here is a lot better.

Here is amusing at the very least. I'm all for a pint but I see people actually believing the government will open the pubs for Paddy festivities in March.

With the brainpower of some of those attacking the Capitol, I'm surprised they didn't turn up at NXT at the Capitol Wrestling Centre

Here is amusing at the very least. I'm all for a pint but I see people actually believing the government will open the pubs for Paddy festivities in March.

Maybe March 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

C’mon wrestling fans let’s get behind our boys!!!!

U!S!A! U!S!A! U!S!A!

:D

It really has turned into a true joke of a country.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    C’mon wrestling fans let’s get behind our boys!!!!

U!S!A! U!S!A! U!S!A!

:D

It really has turned into a true joke of a country.

This is the man to take down those protesters

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Being honest, these new restrictions are really destroying my head.

It doesn't help having a brother who is a teacher, who (despite how bad it's getting) is being told he has to go back in, to classrooms with germ-infested teenagers. Plus Brexit is just a real heavy blow to my business. Not a killer but a game changer that's going to require a whole lot of shuffling things round to fix the holes it's put in things.

But....up till now, I felt the end has always been just a little up the road. Ok, it sucked not having (for example) a holiday to look forward to last year, but it was only one year, and we'd have the summer of 2021 back.

Now, the whispers are we won't be having much of a summer either, because the vaccinations are going to be so slow. The new strain, the way we were totally unprepared for the very obvious flu season. And with Xmas gone, it's a little bit of a struggle to identify something to actually look forward to. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I really do feel these restrictions are the worst I’ve felt I just lost my job so days filled with applying for jobs and boredom really hitting me hard. Thankfully lucky enough to have people in my house but still just hits hard.

Then add that to all the craziness in the America just feels no rainbow at the end yet to look forward too with how slow the vaccines and the world ready to burn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I'm lucky work wise in that I'm able to work from home and there's been no major impact on my job. But in terms of things to look forward to I agree it's tough the longer it goes on. The thought of a confirmed holiday of some kind this year would help but there's very little guarantee on that. Even a night out with friends seems a way off.

• Advertisement

For me, I feel the government are in a tight spot, trying to please everyone, keep the economy ticking over and keeping people safe from the virus.

For me a huge mistake was not banning domestic air travel when we were at single digit cases. Keep commercial trade open and have some sort of testing hub at the ports and airports for the employees relating to essential shipments for goods that are essential.

Cases could be controlled and domestic businesses would have reopened safely. Schools could have reopened safely.

Right now sadly its only going to get worse. 7k cases per day now and rising suggests to me that the horses are well out of the barn and this lockdown occurred far too late. Everyone is going to suffer more long term.

Advertisement