Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid

Options
  • 21-08-2020 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Is it ok to press a doorbell with my sleeve?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Moving to Covid forum

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭fantastic98

Moving to Covid forum

Thanks moderator..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

No that’s illegal. Press it with your nose.

No that’s illegal. Press it with your nose.

Nice one. But I think I'll stick with the sleeve.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Why do you want to pick up covid on your sleeve? Just press with your finger and sanitize.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Lick the doorbell

Why do you want to pick up covid on your sleeve? Just press with your finger and sanitize.

I wasn't worried about myself. I'm wondering if people in house might think it could be on my sleeve. I don't know them and there was no answer and of course it's all on CCTV.

Would a doctor refer a person who's asymptomatic for a covid test.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Use the doorbell pressing rods available in most shops now. Sanitised in individual packs and cheap as chips.

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Use the doorbell pressing rods available in most shops now. Sanitised in individual packs and cheap as chips.

Thanks Jim just wondering would people in house think using my sleeve was ok for them. How long does virus last on doorbell. Thanks again..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

You need a setup like this in place.

523820.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Scrap the doorbell

And this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Thanks Jim just wondering would people in house think using my sleeve was ok for them. How long does virus last on doorbell. Thanks again..

You see f98, you're not wondering that at all and couldn't care less how long the virus survives on a doorbell. You just wanted some After Hours type stupidity and got redirected here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 The3rdTruth

Simple means of applying logic to this situation. Is the doorbell exposed to ultraviolet light from the sun? If so press it with your finger and relax. UV light combined with fresh air kills the virus dead! Believe it or not, that's a fact!

Simple means of applying logic to this situation. Is the doorbell exposed to ultraviolet light from the sun? If so press it with your finger and relax. UV light combined with fresh air kills the virus dead! Believe it or not, that's a fact!

Does fog filter out UV light from the sun?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Yeah I'm not gonna believe what someone says on the internet...

Especially if their name is the third truth...
    ... And they signed up today.
    .... And it's only their second post :pac:

Advertisement