Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2020 restrictions - Q&A thread

Options
  • 03-12-2020 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi
    I have my sons santa present ordered and paid for since before last lock down and it is due to arrive in store soon. Its a ps5 so its quite expensive and some of his other presents revolve around it.
    My problem is its outside my county, does anyone know if santa shopping is considered essential travel. In my opinion it is because i dont want him disappointed on the day.
    Also does anyone know where you can find a full list of essential reasons for travelling outside county as everywhere seems to say something along lines of 'stay in county unless for work, education or essential purposes etc' but no definition of what those purposes are.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Thats me

Lex Luthor wrote: »

Do you think Mr Coveney said truth: "Mr Coveney told TDs that Santa Claus has requested permission to fly to Ireland"? Mr Santa Claus assured me he didn't request anything!

Mutant wrote: »
    Hi
    I have my sons santa present ordered and paid for since before last lock down and it is due to arrive in store soon. Its a ps5 so its quite expensive and some of his other presents revolve around it.
    My problem is its outside my county, does anyone know if santa shopping is considered essential travel. In my opinion it is because i dont want him disappointed on the day.
    Also does anyone know where you can find a full list of essential reasons for travelling outside county as everywhere seems to say something along lines of 'stay in county unless for work, education or essential purposes etc' but no definition of what those purposes are.

I've been traveling from Dublin to Galway regularly juggling work and caring for my dad. Guess how many times i was stopped?

Go get the gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Go pick it up. No sane Guard if you happen to come across one will turn you back. If not sane just take a different route. Click and collect then back home!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭Tork

I've had to travel regularly between counties for family reasons and have rarely had a guard ask what was the purpose of the journey. Just tell them you're shopping for your parents. Simples. No need to overdo this by going on about PS5s and Santa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Mutant

Thanks for all tge responses. I will definitely head over to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Checkpoints are gone, make trip on your own, grand. Make the trip with your kid(s) you may encounter questions, fines etc as story won't add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Checkpoints are gone, make trip on your own, grand. Make the trip with your kid(s) you may encounter questions, fines etc as story won't add up.

So what? They won't turn you around. Just make up any auld story.

You're going to see your mother. Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Could anyone be so kind to point me in the direction of the latest advice on restricting movements and testing? I've heard ten days isolation mentioned by Dr Tony but I cannot find anything on the HSE website that says this? Need it for work. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Folks,some of my family,one in particular is insisting on attending a wake at a funeral parlour
    Viewing is open to the public
    How is this legal ?
    How is the funeral director getting away with strangers mixing indoors?
    I know this is going on at church services but I'd have thought a funeral parlour is out
    I suspect its going to be well attended

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

I presume its just walk through and no mingling .... in and out the other side?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

I don't know
    Knowing who it is,there might be 100's there and that's not a recipe for people not mingling!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Nobotty wrote: »
    I don't know
    Knowing who it is,there might be 100's there and that's not a recipe for people not mingling!

My daughter attended a funeral home wake recently .It was all organised , one in at a time . The car park was full of people all distancing from each other and all with masks .She said it was safe and the family really needed that support

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

Advertisement