Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

unkel wrote: »
    96?

Yeah that was a steal. How much you sell for Duke? Was also matte colour, but for different reasons :p

I don’t remember to be honest - €800 I think?

About a month later it appeared in Monaghan for €5k, haven’t seen it since :P

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

noelf wrote: »
    1977 Opel Kadett in Navan today.

Lovely. that took me back. My father had Manta in the same green

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭tc20

spotted in Bray & Greystones over the weekend.
    Anyone care to hazard a guess at the age of the MG - 1950s? 60s?

533998.jpg

533999.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭tc20

weekend sightings

534642.jpg

534643.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

Five Litre V8 with Pasha Seats, very good condition

TW9vWGh.jpg

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

DN3GC4y.jpg

1DTV7so.jpg

4WtURPl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Had one of these for 6 months. What a car. There was only one way to drive it and my licence was in serious danger, so she had to go.
    Fcuk, she could go.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,051 ✭✭✭✭unkel

My late S2, fully original, was the same colour. Great car. Sad I had to let it go during that bastard of a recession. It sold a couple of years ago, the seller had tidied it up a tiny bit and put it through the NCT and sold it for 3 times what I got for it. Vintage of course at that stage with the €56 tax instead of the €1808 that I paid (over €2000 if you pay by the quarter). Worth many thousands more again now a few years later.

I don't think the Pasha seats were available any more for the S4, so they are probably not original. That said, it would have been very hard to find an original 928 even 10 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Shoulda bought Duke's 99 2 years ago. Kicks self.

What was this?

sligojoek wrote: »
    Lovely. that took me back. My father had Manta in the same green

It's yellow though?:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

What was this?

Sorry Bonnie, he had a lovely 96 that he sold for small money.

Sorry Bonnie, he had a lovely 96 that he sold for small money.

I was reading 99 and 96 as years and not Saabs. FFS.

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

woejus wrote: »
    Five Litre V8 with Pasha Seats, very good condition

TW9vWGh.jpg

DN3GC4y.jpg

1DTV7so.jpg

4WtURPl.jpg

It’s on Donedeal at the minute.

Those rub strips down the side just never look right to me!

It’s on Donedeal at the minute.

Linky

177k miles and a bargain at €35k :p:p:p

They've gone up in value, but not that much. Also it's a 1991 car, so safe to say this will never be legally on the road here in Ireland. Huge money to import it (massive VRT bill this year if you manage to bring it in on time, otherwise massive VAT bill next year)

If I were the owner, I'd bring it back to the UK very quickly or start sweating profusely. Don't know how long he's had it, but that was a very silly buy to bring it over here

Linky

177k miles and a bargain at €35k :p:p:p

They've gone up in value, but not that much. Also it's a 1991 car, so safe to say this will never be legally on the road here in Ireland. Huge money to import it (massive VRT bill this year if you manage to bring it in on time, otherwise massive VAT bill next year)

If I were the owner, I'd bring it back to the UK very quickly or start sweating profusely. Don't know how long he's had it, but that was a very silly buy to bring it over here

Surely there's no rush on him bringing it back to the UK if it's UK registered though. All is not lost.

Lurching wrote: »
    Surely there's no rush on him bringing it back to the UK if it's UK registered though. All is not lost.

He'll have to pay VAT and import duty bringing it back over there too next month :p

Car was MOTd earlier this year, so the owner didn't bring it in that long ago. What a foolish thing to do though. Unless of course he reckoned he could find someone over here to offload it to. I guess someone like that was born every day...

He'll have to pay VAT and import duty bringing it back over there too next month :p

Car was MOTd earlier this year, so the owner didn't bring it in that long ago. What a foolish thing to do though. Unless of course he reckoned he could find someone over here to offload it to. I guess someone like that was born every day...

You might have to explain that one to me.
    If he takes it over on the ferry and sells it for cash, why would he need to pay VAT & Duty?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

"However, we cannot currently verify ownership of this vehicle in the UK."

not buying that then!

You might have to explain that one to me.
    If he takes it over on the ferry and sells it for cash, why would he need to pay VAT & Duty?

Haha, do you really want me to answer that? :D

Of course if he pretends he never imported it into Ireland (or exported it again to the UK), then he is not going to pay any taxes and he will very likely get away with it. Unless stopped by an inquisitive customs officer of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Haha, do you really want me to answer that? :D

Of course if he pretends he never imported it into Ireland (or exported it again to the UK), then he is not going to pay any taxes and he will very likely get away with it. Unless stopped by an inquisitive customs officer of course.
    Went over to Ireland to see relatives and car broke down, had to trailer it back officer. Car is on yellow plates and would show up as a UK regd car. Can’t see a customs official taking too much heed of it tbh

• Advertisement

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Went over to Ireland to see relatives

So the car is taxed and insured in your name registered to a UK address? And you would have no problem producing utility bills, bank statements, tax records, salary slips etc. in your name with a UK address? :p

Like I said, you'd probably get away with it. Until you come across someone stopping you and asking some questions...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

So the car is taxed and insured in your name registered to a UK address? And you would have no problem producing utility bills, bank statements, tax records, salary slips etc. in your name with a UK address? :p

Like I said, you'd probably get away with it. Until you come across someone stopping you and asking some questions...

What actual law do you think is being broken here that would warrant the Spanish Inquisition at the port? (which *nobody* expects)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

What actual law do you think is being broken here that would warrant the Spanish Inquisition at the port? (which *nobody* expects)

Next time someone asks me why I am blocking out reg plates, I'll cite the last two pages of debate! :pac:

Lovely car but not €35k + VRT lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

Any idea what the VRT would be?
    The Revenue's online calculator doesn't include Porsche.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

outfox wrote: »
    Any idea what the VRT would be?
    The Revenue's online calculator doesn't include Porsche.

wait until the car's next birthday and it'll be €200

• Registered Users Posts: 21,635 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Isambard wrote: »
    "However, we cannot currently verify ownership of this vehicle in the UK."

not buying that then!

That's standard for all cars on UK plates

I would go for the old bring it in on dec 31 and register on 1/1 approach.

Sorry Unkel, I still don't agree here. The car was never officially imported as it's still on British plates. It's still a British car no matter which way you cut it.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭marcos_94

Sorry Unkel, I still don't agree here. The car was never officially imported as it's still on British plates. It's still a British car no matter which way you cut it.

Does it not depend on how the previous change of ownership went? In this situation, if the current owner/seller bought the car in the UK to bring into Ireland, then the V5C would have been marked as being for export, so it would show up as exported on the system

marcos_94 wrote: »
    Does it not depend on how the previous change of ownership went? In this situation, if the current owner/seller bought the car in the UK to bring into Ireland, then the V5C would have been marked as being for export, so it would show up as exported on the system

If this is the case, then I consider myself educated!
    Does that mean you don't get a replacement V5C issued in your name? Do they issue a different document that you bring to the NCT centre here to clear it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭marcos_94

If this is the case, then I consider myself educated!
    Does that mean you don't get a replacement V5C issued in your name? Do they issue a different document that you bring to the NCT centre here to clear it?

So when I brought my M3 in from the UK a few months ago, I kept the full V5C minus a section which the seller sent off to the DVLA marking it for export. So the V5C I had was in the sellers name. You bring the V5C to the NCT centre during the VRT appointment and then after paying VRT and paying for road tax, you get your Irish logbook.

I just checked the old UK reg numebr and you can see its marked for export in the attached image

Advertisement