Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hotel for someone in a difficult domestic situation

• 02-12-2020 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

I left the place I’m currently living after a member of my family was verbally abusive. I didn’t feel safe staying.

My brother dropped me to the train and I’m now on my way to Dublin, but I have nowhere to stay.

I don’t want to ask any of my friends to break public health guidelines but I don’t know if I’m allowed to book a hotel.

I see hotels are allowed to accommodate a large number of sectors for essential business reasons.

Will they check if I have a proper business reason if I say I do? I would rather not disclose the reason I need to stay there to a receptionist.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

I just called the hotel and they are already open to guests again which I didn’t know.

A mod can lock/ delete the thread please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭con747

If asked you are on business, but I doubt you will be asked too much.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Sorry for your troubles

At Level 5 there's this:

Hotels are only open to support the provision of essential services.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/covid19/living_with_covid19_plan.html

But we're at Level 3 across the board now aren't we? Or is it Level 3 for hotels on Friday?

Best bet is to download the Booking.com app or similar as that'll be upto date

I just checked my Air Bnb app there for you and Generator hostel in Smithfield has a bed in an 8 bed dorm for 17 euros a night

Not ideal but it'll do till you've found your feet a bit better tomorrow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement