Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

khaldrogo wrote: »
    I've been thinking I'm done with this game for a while now.
    I was 18 points off plat 3 last night and dropped 2 doughnuts in a row. It ruined my night.

I'm selling the PlayStation. I'm done.

Great game but I have other things going on in my life......

lol. Hard luck there kid. I feel your pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I don't blame you. I haven't bothered with ranked in a while. Too many M&K and scuff players.

What are M&K and scuff players?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

weiland79 wrote: »
    What are M&K and scuff players?

M&K - Mouse and keyboard

Scuf - a type of controller

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

I could be talking out of my ass given my inexperience, but Jackal seems a bit OP in his current state. Playing an anchor and holding an angle on site, 90 percent of my deaths seem to come from a Jackal player glancing in, pinging my location, tossing smoke and boom not much you can do. I've started switching it up to Warden to counter that smoke push once I've been pinged but feel like Warden is pretty useless in the majority of scenarios.

Jackal is banned to fucķ in 90% of the games I play on ranked. He's one of the only operators who illicit a bit of panic in me.

Havent played in weeks. Looking forward to gerting back home to have a game.

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Jackal is banned to fucķ in 90% of the games I play on ranked. He's one of the only operators who illicit a bit of panic in me.

Havent played in weeks. Looking forward to gerting back home to have a game.

Yeah I've noticed Jackal getting banned in pretty much every ranked game I've played. He just doesn't feel balanced IMO, I feel like perhaps swapping his smokes for something else might help somewhat. Being able to ping so effectively on site and know exactly where to pop those smokes off the back of that seems a bit much.

Anyone played much of the new map brought in for the event? Took the plunge on the Battle Pass tonignt and played a few rounds. Seems decent but then I know next to nothing about what makes a good siege map.

The Battle Pass seems half decent as well. Reasonably priced and a couple of decent cosmetics in there progression up the tiers seems generous enough as well, I only played 5 games in the event playlist tonight, but I'm almost at tier 4 already. Seems like each tier requires 1000 XP as I havent seen any increase in the requirement as the tiers have progressed. I reckon even 4 or 5 games a night with a couple of wins thrown in should have you max the tiers well within the 29 days that remain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

goon_magee wrote: »
    Anyone played much of the new map brought in for the event? Took the plunge on the Battle Pass tonignt and played a few rounds. Seems decent but then I know next to nothing about what makes a good siege map.

The Battle Pass seems half decent as well. Reasonably priced and a couple of decent cosmetics in there progression up the tiers seems generous enough as well, I only played 5 games in the event playlist tonight, but I'm almost at tier 4 already. Seems like each tier requires 1000 XP as I havent seen any increase in the requirement as the tiers have progressed. I reckon even 4 or 5 games a night with a couple of wins thrown in should have you max the tiers well within the 29 days that remain.

I don't really like the visuals of any of the uniforms / head gear etc that's available with the battle pass, so I don't think I'll be buying it.

The one thing that I do like about it is the guaranteed legendary alpha packs and the like, but with my luck I'd end up getting duplicates anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

goon_magee wrote: »

I played a few matches on it, was pretty fun. It was very easy to get spawnkills with the indestructible glass XD. I'm assuming that the map will still available in the second week, otherwise it'd be bananas for them to design & make a while new map just a few days of availability.

For some reason it's bugged for my squad though, we can't access it anymore even though there are a few days left.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I really like the Stadium map, is it definitely temporary only?

• Advertisement

Yeah like others I really like the Stadium map. My understanding is that it will be available via the playlist every weekend until the event is over; I think it is actually due to unlock again tonight if last night's timer was anything to go by. Not sure what will happen once the event is over or if the map will be entered into general rotation.

Hopefully it sticks around. Being new to the game, it's nice to have a map in rotation that is as new to others as it is to me.

I really like the new map and I hope they keep it, but my suspicion is that they will not, as it does seem specifically linked to this event, and they haven't kept any of the other event maps.. like the cowboy one for instance.. although it was a tiny, ultra simple map.

That being said, perhaps if there is enough love for it from the community, then they might decide to keep it.. it seems like a lot of time and effort went into it and I feel like getting rid of it would be a huge waste of that time and effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Uninstalled it there for SSD reasons (no easy move option in Uplay).

feels bad

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Uninstalled it there for SSD reasons (no easy move option in Uplay).

feels bad

Dissapointed in you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

This has been my pandemic game. Started playing at the start of lockdown and I'm still enjoying it while still being crap at it. I haven't gone ranked yet, mainly playing unranked after doing stints in newcomer & quick game. Waiting for my mate to get up to level 50 so we can start doing ranked together.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

There is a very large Rainbow six official discord that has many servers for EU / US and other Ranked (broken up by rank ie gold etc)/ Unranked / Casual squads, so if you want to play with a team of 5 and it's you or you and a friend, you can pick what type of play you want and find a room with 3 / 4 other players, make friends and play with a team.

Ranked with just 2 people on comms together is a nightmare if you want to get anywhere, you really need the full team communicating or you will wallow in the lower ranks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm in a bit of a dilemma, played a nice bit on xbox, but have since built a pc, i see the game is on sale for 9.99 at the moment. I'm half tempted, but worried I'm going to get absolutely melted as I'm only just getting reacquainted with using a mouse to aim for the first time in about 20 years.

I suppose the question I'm asking, is am I facing into a playerbase of absolute savages at this stage. I'm not precious about K/D but getting consistently stomped is no fun either.

I suppose the question I'm asking, is am I facing into a playerbase of absolute savages at this stage. I'm not precious about K/D but getting consistently stomped is no fun either.

They have a newbie playlist for players under.. I'm not sure what the level is, but there is one there.

On top of that the game has skill based matchmaking in both casual, unranked and ranked, so you should be generally playing with people of your skill level.. but sometimes you can get real unlucky with very unskilled team mates and god tier level players on the other team.

The fact that you have knowledge of the game from playing it on console should help though.

jim o doom wrote: »
    They have a newbie playlist for players under.. I'm not sure what the level is, but there is one there.

On top of that the game has skill based matchmaking in both casual, unranked and ranked, so you should be generally playing with people of your skill level.. but sometimes you can get real unlucky with very unskilled team mates and god tier level players on the other team.

The fact that you have knowledge of the game from playing it on console should help though.

Threw caution to the wind and bought it last night, decided life was too short and got the ultimate edition with every operator unlocked as well.

Threw caution to the wind and bought it last night, decided life was too short and got the ultimate edition with every operator unlocked as well.

I've gotten the season pass every year so I can save my ELO for meaningless skins :eek:

• Advertisement

Operation Shadow Legacy looks good!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b2dK_f97oV4

Sam Fisher is the new operator.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

*Blows cobwebs off copy of R6

*Blows cobwebs off copy of R6

*watches epic trailer, goes home, downloads update, fires up game, loads in, selects operator, round start, killed in 3 seconds via spawnpeek / teammate.

uninstalls.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

*watches epic trailer, goes home, downloads update, fires up game, loads in, selects operator, round start, killed in 3 seconds via spawnpeek / teammate.

uninstalls.

In fairness that's 100% accurate... :) I just dont have the reflexes anymore to take on the teenagers... :o

ZiabR wrote: »
    In fairness that's 100% accurate... :) I just dont have the reflexes anymore to take on the teenagers... :o

I've switched to pc for the most part and its even rougher there as I'm trying to get to grips with kb&m. a trip back to console might be a nice change of pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I've switched to pc for the most part and its even rougher there as I'm trying to get to grips with kb&m. a trip back to console might be a nice change of pace.

I tried it last night after a year away from the game. I've been hitting Apex Legends hard over the past year. My god does RB6 feel slow. ADS takes what feels like an age and even moving around is a slog. RB6 is a game I sunk 700 hours into and it was amazing back in the day but I just didn't get that feeling playing it last night. Visually it looks the same as before the "upgrade". Team killing at the beginning of each round is still rampant and ruins matches. I was back on Apex Legends after 30 mins of playing RB6. Not sure what that says :o

I was back on Apex Legends after 30 mins of playing RB6. Not sure what that says :o

It says to me you didn't give it enough time :pac:

R6S was the best game of the last generation for me and possibly my favourite game ever. Love, love, love it.

Won't get to play the PS5 version until Christmas unfortunately :(

By all accounts, the graphics upgrade is fantastic. 120 FPS and 4K!

• Advertisement

I tried it last night after a year away from the game. I've been hitting Apex Legends hard over the past year. My god does RB6 feel slow. ADS takes what feels like an age and even moving around is a slog. RB6 is a game I sunk 700 hours into and it was amazing back in the day but I just didn't get that feeling playing it last night. Visually it looks the same as before the "upgrade". Team killing at the beginning of each round is still rampant and ruins matches. I was back on Apex Legends after 30 mins of playing RB6. Not sure what that says :o

I only played one quick match which went pretty much exactly as I expected, but I did think there was a big difference in the graphics, even from PC, perhaps its the HDR? if anything it looked more cartoony than I thought it should.

Also, what have they done to dokkabeis face in the loading screens / cinematic? she looks completely different.

Advertisement