Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boojum Meal Kits 40% Off

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

raheny red wrote: »
    Nice one OP. We had ours today. I was sceptical about the advertised meal kit for 4 people. 2 of us loved it and struggled to put a dent in it. Loads leftover for lunches. It's a fantastic deal. The only negative for us was the wraps were a bit small. Some of yiz may prefer to pick up your own wraps.

I hear you can get them in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭adam240610

Made mine this evening, rice was so good, same with the chicken. Definitely a steal at the price really

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

raheny red wrote: »
    .... Some of yiz may prefer to pick up your own wraps.
    adam240610 wrote: »
    Made mine this evening, rice was so good, same with the chicken. Definitely a steal at the price really

100% biggest disappointment was the wraps being too small - chicken and other ingredients were very good and all came chilled & wrapped/insulated very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Looks like code ATHOME40 is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Glad ye all enjoyed it... I'm getting mine delivered Thursday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Nice to hear people liked these. The meat comes from the main warehouse and not the restaurants so not sure on how fresh it is, but the value is there

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭adam240610

msmx5 wrote: »
    100% biggest disappointment was the wraps being too small - chicken and other ingredients were very good and all came chilled & wrapped/insulated very well.

If it was advertised as a burrito kit then I'd 100% agree but these are what you'd get if you asked for fajitas from boojum

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

msmx5 wrote: »

But there's about 20 of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Had ours last night and agreed with all above, great taste, wraps a bit small. Only issue was an exploded green pepper, could probably go inside the sheep wool for better protection.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

We had it last night also, found the chicken very tasty. Takes around 15/20 mins tops to get on the plate. Chop the veg, sear the chicken and stick in the oven, then stir fry the veg and heat the rice. There is loads left over for burrito type bowls for lunch today also. For just over €17, it was good value - saved a trip to the shops, and the ease of putting it all together was great (plus it tasted a lot better than any Old El Paso kit I've tried).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,

Is this for pickup only? On the site (https://shop.boojummex.com/) I see delivery only for UK and NI.
    ATHOME40 doesn't work either, has it expired?
    Thanks,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,

Is this for pickup only? On the site (https://shop.boojummex.com/) I see delivery only for UK and NI.
    Thanks,
    Pa.

ATHOME 40 seems to have finished.
    Use ATHOME20 for 20% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Had ours tonight, sooooo nice and LOADS left over for burrito bowl tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

scudzilla wrote: »
    Had ours tonight, sooooo nice and LOADS left over for burrito bowl tomorrow

Same here - just finished doing the dishes after having ours. It was really nice and there's loads left for tomorrow. The box was marked use by the 4th.

The peppers and onion were very good quality - you don't find produce like that in Tesco! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks,
    Pa.

The website says:

"Delivery is available in ROI only. Shipping cost is €4.50 per meal kit. Your meal kit will be delivered by DPD using a sustainable and innovative temperature control solution.

You may order up to 10 days in advance. If your preferred delivery date is not available unfortunately we've sold all our available meal kits for that date."

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

Great deal. Loads of food. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭cuculainn

nc6000 wrote: »
    The website says:

"Delivery is available in ROI only. Shipping cost is €4.50 per meal kit. Your meal kit will be delivered by DPD using a sustainable and innovative temperature control solution.

You may order up to 10 days in advance. If your preferred delivery date is not available unfortunately we've sold all our available meal kits for that date."

Had our first one tonight, loads for two adults and two kids with lunch for tomorrow....really tasty..

Only point was I had to leave the chicken in the oven for a bit longer than 5 mins....closer to 10......cod be a fault with out oven tho......

Also love the wool insulation!!

Great BA that's OP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

mine never arrived today - did anybody else get a late delivery? Getting hungry may have to cook something, shock horror!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

We loved this tonight, thanks OP!

clevtrev wrote: »
    mine never arrived today - did anybody else get a late delivery? Getting hungry may have to cook something, shock horror!

What does the tracking say?

• Advertisement

What does the tracking say?

STATUS
    Order data received from sender

Head Office

01/12/2020 at 2:57

Your parcel is travelling through the DPD network

Head Office

01/12/2020 at 20:40

Security Scan

Electricity

02/12/2020 at 6:36

seems to be stuck in the DPD network - not for the first time

I'd say get onto Boojum, they might send out a new one if it's not there tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Thanks OP, ours arrived, we added extra veg and there was loads of food for four people. Going to add chicken, wraps and cheese and make dinner tomorrow with the leftovers. Great bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Had delicious Boojum last night, and planning to finish for lunch today.
    Loads of food.
    Thanks OP.
    Best BA I've gone for in ages.

great deal alright but a Greta Thunberg nightmare in terms of waste. Delivered in a large cardboard box, everything sealed in individual plastic wrappers and containers, wool wrapped in plastic for insulation. A huge amount of waste generated even though it was a nice meal.

This is hardly a sustainable model for the future. At least with a takeaway most of the containers are recyclable cardboard. Anyway, maybe I should head on over to the green party forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dizzydoll

Getting the chicken delivered this afternoon, anything I should pick up in the shop at lunchtime to go with it apart from wraps? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

dizzydoll wrote: »
    Getting the chicken delivered this afternoon, anything I should pick up in the shop at lunchtime to go with it apart from wraps? Thanks!

I made Guac to go with and it worked well.

Thanks OP. Fed 5 comfortably (One Veggie). Made a couple of wraps and bowl and still had some waste.

Super bargain at that price. Reasonable value at full price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Not entirely confident that my delivery is going to arrive today. When I placed the order I asked it to be delivered today.

I presume if it doesn't arrive today it won't be edible and a case of getting a refund but finger crossed. :)

STATUS
    Order data received from sender

Head Office

03/12/2020 at 3:29

Your parcel is travelling through the DPD network

Head Office

03/12/2020 at 20:49

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dizzydoll

I was thinking guac would be good alright, thanks! I got confirmation of delivery, email last night saying it would be delivered this morning but got text saying this afternoon now so hoping it will arrive, really looking forward to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

clevtrev wrote: »
    great deal alright but a Greta Thunberg nightmare in terms of waste. Delivered in a large cardboard box, everything sealed in individual plastic wrappers and containers, wool wrapped in plastic for insulation. A huge amount of waste generated even though it was a nice meal.

This is hardly a sustainable model for the future. At least with a takeaway most of the containers are recyclable cardboard. Anyway, maybe I should head on over to the green party forum.

the big box and the insulation were good in terms of green-ness but everything vacuum packed not so much. Better than the rigid plastic containers most of these kits use I would say and I would guess needed to give it the 2 day shelf life?

Advertisement