Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2021

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SaraJan

Ah I see, thanks! That sounds better :-) I guess by the time I'm in labor, I'll have a good idea if I'll want one :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

In limerick we are give a printed sheet booklet for our birth plan, it has pain relief, feeding, skin to skin, all that kind of stuff and that goes in the file. In saying that I looked for the epidural each time but the baby was either about to come out or was born, I just had very quick deliveries. I could be wrong but is it 4cm you have to be in some hospitals before they'll give the epidural, if you feel like that's what you need in the moment then look for it, you don't have to listen to someone tell you do you want to see how you feel in a little while.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Frankie19

Hi All. Thought I'd post as its getting nearer to D day!

Hope everyone is keeping well. 6 weeks to go here although I'm hoping 4ish lol. Got diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes at 28 weeks which was a pain but thankfully have stayed diet controlled so far. 2 weeks left in work and then I'm done! Looking forward to mat leave now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SaraJan

Hi Frankie19,

I've just over 4 weeks to go, I can't believe it! Getting uncomfortable now, the worst is the carpal tunnel :(

Some days I feel totally prepared and others I feel complete panic :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Hi all, my wife was due on 2nd of January but her waters broke at 2am this morning. Brought her straight in, I've been waiting in the car since but hopefully I'll get in soon.
    I did get home for a quick hour for a shower and to grab a few of her things but I couldn't stay there knowing she was in the early stages of labour. These covid restrictions suck.

Anyway since she is 4 weeks early we are hoping all goes ok..I'm sleep deprived and a nervous wreck here at the minute.

• Advertisement

SaraJan wrote: »
    Hi Frankie19,

I've just over 4 weeks to go, I can't believe it! Getting uncomfortable now, the worst is the carpal tunnel :(

Some days I feel totally prepared and others I feel complete panic :P

I know how you feel. I still don't have my bags fully packed! Plan on finishing them this weekend!

Very uncomfortable as well and starting to swell. Relly hope to get a date from the consultant next week for an induction!

I hope all is well hooch, she is in the best place and they do say from 36/37 weeks your pretty much full term by then. The covid restrictions are rubbish but I suppose are to protect everyone. Hope you got in on time!

Advertisement