Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk - early black Friday deals on now...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Half price snow chains:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B009XRNETU?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

Handy to keep in the boot just in case!

antodeco wrote: »
    Half price snow chains:

That's actually the most expensive they've been for a good while, should have posted it ten minutes earlier! :P

CURKewg.png

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

That's actually the most expensive they've been for a good while, should have posted it ten minutes earlier! :P

CURKewg.png

Ah crap. Time.to cancel

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

antodeco wrote: »
    Half price snow chains:

Yer boot is full to the brim already with the Aldi tools... It looks you'll need to remove the chocolate teapot after all. Or maybe put the earwax candle kit up front and the snow chains in alongside the case of diet water from Lidl!

I know, I know... When the inch of snow falls in January, you'll be having the last laugh!!!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Pasteur.

gussieg wrote: »
    I ordered a q9 elephas projector, at 116 quid, saw something better, cancelled before it got here, and that was on the 6th november. Still haven't been refunded yet. Getting worried now.

Gift card is faster for change of mind and refund

Instant usually

• Advertisement

Looking to get either a chromecast or Apple TV box and wondering which would be better?

Why? Amazon Fire TV stick!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Why? Amazon Fire TV stick!!

Chromecast with Google TV is the way to go. Everything the others do plus a lot more you can cast from chrome or other apps that you'd have to side load onto a fire stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭ozmo

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    Chromecast with Google TV is the way to go. Everything the others do plus a lot more you can cast from chrome or other apps that you'd have to side load onto a fire stick.

Had both - but dont use chromecast anymore.

Bluetooth (not infrared so not directional) Remote (for tv volume) and 4k with firestick wins it for me.
    Also access to dns for getflix etc nice not having do globally in router.

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »

Bluetooth (not infrared so not directional) Remote (for tv volume) and 4k with firestick wins it for me.

I also have had both. And I keep buying the Firestick and Fire products.

However, that new Chromecast with Google TV is a waay better/different yoke than the early Chromecasts. As its so relatively new, it probably edges out the Firestick 4K in a few areas. For someone starting out with all this stuff, it's definitely worth a look. If you're already using Google/Nest home gear, then its probably a no-brainer. The same applies to the Firestick, if youre already invested in the Alexa/Amazon ecosystem. For me, I'm invested in the Amazon space and like it there. So, all I want is for RTE Player to work on my Firestick... Wake Up RTE!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭gussieg

narodvale wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what projector you went with? My sisters in the market

I got a fangor one, smaller one was decent 720p, for about 50 quid, that doesn't use a lot of electric. Model 206a. Has Bluetooth as well.
    Model506 at over 100 quid, was also just 720p, and not 1080p as stated. So still searching for the ideal projector, with full HD, low or silent noise, and uses little electricity.
    Having had a projector phone (black view Max1 ) which was also decent 720p just colours a bit over the top, but I cracked the phones screen , its hard to replace it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,425 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I also have had both. And I keep buying the Firestick and Fire products.

However, that new Chromecast with Google TV is a waay better/different yoke than the early Chromecasts. As its so relatively new, it probably edges out the Firestick 4K in a few areas. For someone starting out with all this stuff, it's definitely worth a look. If you're already using Google/Nest home gear, then its probably a no-brainer. The same applies to the Firestick, if youre already invested in the Alexa/Amazon ecosystem. For me, I'm invested in the Amazon space and like it there. So, all I want is for RTE Player to work on my Firestick... Wake Up RTE!

It works. Just need to load the correct apk. Think it’s 1.03

Open this link on the browsers in the firestick and ensure you have allowed apk’s to be allowed from. On trusted source

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AIxQec2TzEBz4xU&cid=A704D54A41F56F39&id=A704D54A41F56F39%2116989&parId=root&action=defaultclick

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B082XV82P9/

Karcher VW2 as mentioned earlier in thread now roughly €40.

ted1 wrote: »
    It works. Just need to load the correct apk. Think it’s 1.03

Open this link on the browsers in the firestick and ensure you have allowed apk’s to be allowed from. On trusted source

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AIxQec2TzEBz4xU&cid=A704D54A41F56F39&id=A704D54A41F56F39%2116989&parId=root&action=defaultclick

Nice one.. Thanks a million.

Will it work with the firestick remote?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Basq wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B082XV82P9/

Karcher VW2 as mentioned earlier in thread now roughly €40.

Well that didn’t last long!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Do you want wired or cordless?

What type of dog? Some are supposed to be able to deal with long hair, but from what I've seen they don't do it very well.

Edit: if you're buying, look at Littlewoods online as well.

its a black lab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

ozmo wrote: »

The Bluetooth remote on the firestick annoys me a bit actually. Doesn't always work immediately, sometimes takes a few seconds to do the job. Particularly when you turn on the fire from sleep mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Nice one.. Thanks a million.

Will it work with the firestick remote?

Yes, I have it installed on Fire stick and it works fine.

LillySV wrote: »
    its a black lab

They'd be considered to be prolific shedders of fairly short hairs. AFAIK, the Shark's hair control system involves some kind of comb that plucks the hairs from the rotating brush head and channels them into the suction hose. You'll have a better chance of that system working with short hairs than with long.

There's two other accessories you might consider: 1 is a head for hard floors that has a front channel that just sucks what it finds and a microfibre pad is behind it. 2 is a specific narrower motorised pet tool for stairs and upholstery that gobbles up hairs, that seems to be included in the TruePet models.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Any sign of any cyber Monday deals? Was hoping they might be doing some type of prime membership deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

thinkin strongly of getting firestick...anyone here know know difference between 4k firestick and new 1080p firestick? the 4k one obviously can play up to 4k but how are they in cormparision to each other in every other way? speed etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭bassy

LillySV wrote: »
    thinkin strongly of getting firestick...anyone here know know difference between 4k firestick and new 1080p firestick? the 4k one obviously can play up to 4k but how are they in cormparision to each other in every other way? speed etc?

well to be honest i bought the normal firestick last year on black friday 2019 for 24 euros from argos and i dont have a 4k tv and never had a bother with it.

so this black friday i bought the 4k stick from amazon for 29.99 pounds,and i gave the old stick to my son loaded and with iptv.

but i,ve found with the 4k stick it can have problems wheres its saying not connected to the network and no home screen.

if you have just a HD tv then the normal firestick is the way to go.

bassy wrote: »

well to be honest i bought the normal firestick last year on black friday 2019 for 24 euros from argos and i dont have a 4k tv and never had a bother with it.

so this black friday i bought the 4k stick from amazon for 29.99 pounds,and i gave the old stick to my son loaded and with iptv.

but i,ve found with the 4k stick it can have problems wheres its saying not connected to the network and no home screen.

if you have just a HD tv then the normal firestick is the way to go.

There are 3 models of stick. 4k, HD and Lite.

Apart from output resolution, the remotes for Lite is more basic. If you have 2 TVs needing 'smartness' they have a pair of lite sticks for £35 and a pair of normal HD sticks for 45. The 4K is now £29.99

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Monokne wrote: »
    Any sign of any cyber Monday deals? Was hoping they might be doing some type of prime membership deal
    The lack of deals is bad enough, but I'm seeing increases on the couple of things in my basket. A lego technic land rover has increased to it's highest price in a month, and all of the warehouse Mavic Minis have been delisted. Jeff is laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

Whats the Shark hadnheld hoover like? my Dyson went bust and looking to replace

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Whats the Shark hadnheld hoover like? my Dyson went bust and looking to replace

I went to buy it.... No delivery to Ireland, no delivery to parcel motel. Any way I can get it?

I went to buy it.... No delivery to Ireland, no delivery to parcel motel. Any way I can get it?

What do you mean no parcel motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Pasteur. wrote: »
    What do you mean no parcel motel?

Put my parcel motel details into it and it said we can't deliver to this address!
    My better half has been at me for this hoover for weeks..... She will want a bleeding iron next 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Put my parcel motel details into it and it said we can't deliver to this address!
    My better half has been at me for this hoover for weeks..... She will want a bleeding iron next ����
    Tried one myself and you’re right.. probably battery-related.

AddressPal is your only option.

Basq wrote: »
    Tried one myself and you’re right.. probably battery-related.

AddressPal is your only option.

What would addresspal home delivery charge ?

For the size or will they let you go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

I ordered last week, and delivery was on issue. Expected to arrive in the next day or two.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement