Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the outliers are an absolute steal at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭cullenswood

the outliers are an absolute steal at that price.

Out of Stock....boooo

• Registered Users Posts: 42 shirazhyder84

Guys between sony wf1000xm3 and jabra elite 75t, which one has better sound and more comfortable to wear? Both available on amazon at reduced prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Anyone know a good pair for under 100 euro? Especially ones that don't stick out much from the ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

creative outlier gold are €60, outlier air v2 are €80 (extra fiver off if you sign up to newsletter)

not sure how stickyouty they are though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭GampDub

Creative Outliers V2 available on Amazon for £19.99

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Guys between sony wf1000xm3 and jabra elite 75t, which one has better sound and more comfortable to wear? Both available on amazon at reduced prices.

Sony wf1000-xm3 has better sound but jabra elite 75t may be more comfortable to wear due to small form factor.

I personally use Sony wf1000-xm3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

The Cambridge Melomania arrived today - wow! Super sound. Really delighted. The packaging is also a thing of beauty - all cardboard, no plastic, completely recyclable.

Got the stone/putty colour which is really nice for a change vs black

• Registered Users Posts: 42 shirazhyder84

The Cambridge Melomania arrived today - wow! Super sound. Really delighted. The packaging is also a thing of beauty - all cardboard, no plastic, completely recyclable.

How is the call quality? And are these comfortable to use for longer period lets say 2 hrs.

Congrats! Do they stick out much? And how's the bass?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Recommendations for ones that are still in stock? Ideally long life energy and not too expensive. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Jabra Elite Active 75t for 129 euro on Spanish Amazon is a great relative deal!!

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B083ZWT7SG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_t1_bYcWFbRK1P3YR

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

MattS1 wrote: »
    Congrats! Do they stick out much? And how's the bass?

I don't find they stick out much but maybe in the putty it just looks less noticeable than black. Bass is nice for me - not very heavy though or muddy if that's your thing Less bassy than my creative outlier airs for example but really clear sound.
    How is the call quality? And are these comfortable to use for longer period lets say 2 hrs.

Haven't tried on calls, sorry, don't actually use them for the phone or zoom etc. Just music! Also have only had them in for 20 mins or so. Typically only wear them for a gym session so under an hour so not sure I can feed back on 2 hours+, sorry!

Also meant to add they come with a good range of tips too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

Recommendations for ones that are still in stock? Ideally long life energy and not too expensive. Thanks

Check out the Mpow M30 Plus. Excellent fit, excellent sound and 100 hours of use from the "Plus" case which also doubles as a powerbank for charging your phone on the go.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

54and56 wrote: »
    Check out the Mpow M30 Plus. Excellent fit, excellent sound and 100 hours of use from the "Plus" case which also doubles as a powerbank for charging your phone on the go.

I went to have a look at these on amazon and thankfully it reminded me that i purchased a pair of them in september. I really do have too many pairs of headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

I went to have a look at these on amazon and thankfully it reminded me that i purchased a pair of them in september. I really do have too many pairs of headphones.

I currently have

1 X Samsung Buds Live which I love, use every day and mind carefully.

1 X Mpow M19 ANC headphones which I use at my desk.

1 X Mpow M30 buds which I have as backup to my Samsung's.

1 X M30 Plus buds which I keep in my gym bag and only have to charge every 8-10 weeks or so.

At least 5 or 6 pairs of older wireless sets of varying but fast depleting quality which were either cutting edge TWS 2-3 years ago (crap by today's standards) or the neckband "wireless" type which were of course wired between the earpieces. They worked grand apart from getting stuck if you'd a sweaty neck working out.

I believe the correct number of headphones or ear buds a person should have is defined by the formula N+1 where "N" is the number of headphones you currently own :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

What are the controls like, are they easy enough to use?
    Enjoy them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Mine just arrived this morning - like yourself, really impressed with the packaging.

The buds themselves worked seamlessly out of the box and the fit for me was amazing. I've had dozens of pairs of wired headphones over the years which were constantly slipping out but these ones are very snug and comfortable so far. Would be confident working out or running in them.

The sound quality is way beyond any other headsets I've had as well (these are my first true wireless one fwiw).

Did a trial call with the missus as well and she said it was very clear so off to a good start :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Mine just arrived this morning - like yourself, really impressed with the packaging.

The buds themselves worked seamlessly out of the box and the fit for me was amazing. I've had dozens of pairs of wired headphones over the years which were constantly slipping out but these ones are very snug and comfortable so far. Would be confident working out or running in them.

The sound quality is way beyond any other headsets I've had as well (these are my first true wireless one fwiw).

Did a trial call with the missus as well and she said it was very clear so off to a good start :pac:

I've come so close to buying them a few times in last few months, at higher price.... But have decided against on lack of usb c. Just years and years of different devices and different chargers, and finally a lot of my stuff seems to be converging on USB c.... Gonna hold off and wait for a version 2 of these, but they definitely look the business, read lots of reviews etc and all positive. Currently have the Samsung galaxy buds plus and they are great, so not in urgent need of another pair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Tango One

I bought the Cambridge buds and was disappointed by the call quality I'm sending them back and going for the anker liberty air 2 £55 on amazon today.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jlayay

Been trialling a pair of Sony WH100-MX4 for the past 2 weeks. A bit of a letdown the “intelligent” system disconnects the music whenever you cough or clear your throat and the headphones are the most leaky I’ve used in a while to the point where my neighbours can hear what I’m listening to.

These get very good reviews and Vankyo have a decent reputation.

Call quality looks good in particular, which is a major failing in a lot of cases.

rated for 5 hours but supposed to be a realistic 5 hours as tested at 80% volume. most manufacturers test at 50%

on sale for £28.79

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphones-Playtime-Earphones/dp/B08FLGHKHB/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3R29J99K5KN6H&dchild=1&keywords=vankyo+x400+earbuds&qid=1606569944&sprefix=vankyo+x400%2Caps%2C483&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Most feedback on here is of poor quality earphones, it's very much hit and miss when buying a pair up to €40
    Sometimes you can strike lucky, at least Amazon make it easy to return defective products.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Esse85 wrote: »
    Most feedback on here is of poor quality earphones, it's very much hit and miss when buying a pair up to €40
    Sometimes you can strike lucky, at least Amazon make it easy to return defective products.

There's only so much you can get from a small package at such a low price. Some people have crazy expectations.

https://www.scarbir.com/ is decent for reviews of these kinds of headphones.

Anyone know the smallest ones? Looking for something not bulky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

xckjoo wrote: »
    There's only so much you can get from a small package at such a low price. Some people have crazy expectations.

https://www.scarbir.com/ is decent for reviews of these kinds of headphones.

Good site.

From their reviews the Mpow Mbits is the best of the $25 buds.

They are on Amazon now for £20 after £3 voucher applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭mindhorn

Is there much of a difference between the F1 and E60?

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »
    These get very good reviews and Vankyo have a decent reputation.

Call quality looks good in particular, which is a major failing in a lot of cases.

rated for 5 hours but supposed to be a realistic 5 hours as tested at 80% volume. most manufacturers test at 50%

on sale for £28.79

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphones-Playtime-Earphones/dp/B08FLGHKHB/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3R29J99K5KN6H&dchild=1&keywords=vankyo+x400+earbuds&qid=1606569944&sprefix=vankyo+x400%2Caps%2C483&sr=8-1

got these and tested them out

phone call quality is exceptional - other person can hear you very very clearly.

brilliant for podcasts

for music listening they are very good but I would say that a good pair of the ones that can be inserted further your ear give you a more immersive bass sound. still very good.

if you're looking for something for phone /zoom calls, podcasts and also music (but not audiophile level) then very good.

could be used for running / jogging - won't easily fall out or anything like that.

touch controls are very good and accurate for volume, start/stop and next/previous

can't comment on battery life really

Advertisement