Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Hi guys, any body got any good recommendations on a set of headphone that will play songs rather than blue toothing from phone....kinda like mp3 player built into headset. Something small and light and sweat proof for jogging.

I doubt you'll find anything like that. I use a smartwatch (Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music) to play music from. Great for jogging or cycling

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Well folks - another noob question.... I wear headphones a good bit and getting tired of the wired ones which keep getting caught in things and then ultimately break.

Looking around various sites but don't trust a lot of the reviews tbh :confused:

Stumbled across the Sony WF-XB700 True Wireless In-Ear Headphones on Harvey Norman....has anyone else tried them and willing to share feedback?

Cheers cm

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Hi guys, any body got any good recommendations on a set of headphone that will play songs rather than blue toothing from phone....kinda like mp3 player built into headset. Something small and light and sweat proof for jogging.

Creative used to do a pair called the Outlier One Plus but they don't have them in their store any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Cambridge audio have reduced the melomania 1 to €80 (free delivery) for Black Friday.

https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/eur/en/products/headphones/melomania-1

The website is shocking - can't place an order!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Well folks - another noob question.... I wear headphones a good bit and getting tired of the wired ones which keep getting caught in things and then ultimately break.

Looking around various sites but don't trust a lot of the reviews tbh :confused:

Stumbled across the Sony WF-XB700 True Wireless In-Ear Headphones on Harvey Norman....has anyone else tried them and willing to share feedback?

Cheers cm

If you wear headphones a good bit, I'd stick to headphones and not switch to earphones. Could get uncomfortable with prolonged wear.

Swing onto Amazon, look for wireless overear headphones, and go by the reviews.
    Obviously "branded" stuff will be pricier.
    But these yokes for around £43 delivered shouldn't be too bad.
    2,208 ratings, 4.5 stars.
    Noise Cancelling, Bluetooth 5.0, 40+ hours playtime, blah, blah.
    Plus you're backed by Amazon's customer support!

I've no experience of these headphones, just picked one at random.
    There are oodles to choose from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Cambridge audio have reduced the melomania 1 to €80 (free delivery) for Black Friday.

https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/eur/en/products/headphones/melomania-1

These are terrific earphones, very tempted to get a back up set at that price.

The website is shocking - can't place an order!

Just tried it myself and can't either

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

the corpo wrote: »
    These are terrific earphones, very tempted to get a back up set at that price.
    Synode wrote: »
    They are available on amazon for roughly the same price
    https://www.hagglezon.com/en/s/cambridge%20audio%20melomania
    Germany is €85 delivered
    UK is €84 ish (even though it says €89 on hagglezon)

The rest are around €88 delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

Synode wrote: »

The site seems to be working again.

Just placed an order.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Same price on amazon Spain.

These will replace my jabra elite sports that are on the way out with disappointing battery issues after having them for over a year.

Thanks to the person who posted, some great reviews online and the 9 hour playback is insane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I'm more of a Creative fan but this maybe of interest to someone.

JABRA TRUE WIRELESS ELITE 65T EARBUDS
    €80 on briscoes.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭corcadorcha

I'm more of a Creative fan but this maybe of interest to someone.

JABRA TRUE WIRELESS ELITE 65T EARBUDS
    €80 on briscoes.ie

What are these like? Worth it?
    Ta.

What are these like? Worth it?
    Ta.

No idea but Jabra would be a decent enough brand as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

No idea but Jabra would be a decent enough brand as far as I know.

Same price in Brown Thomas too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Esse85 wrote: »
    Same price in Brown Thomas too.

BT usually do 20% on bf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

These got great review on Newstalk today. Irish company too
    https://onesonic.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,268 ✭✭✭✭ted1

chases0102 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I had a pair of MPOW ear buds as well, bought them over Lockdown 1.0....but they've just calved on me. Amazingly, Amazon have given me the full refund.

Just wondering what other recommendations do people have of similar price range? I'd be happy to go for the MPOWs again if I was sure that they wouldn't break on my again (one of the ear bud just simply doesn't work), but it seems like some people have had issues.

I’ve sent two pair of Mpow s back. Left a bad review each time. ( thought I’d give them a second chance in case I was just unlucky). They kept randomly turning on in the case so I’d miss calls as they connect to them, and the left one wouldn’t hold a charge ( obviously was the ones staying on)

Anyway after the bad reviews MPow contacted me a sent me a free pair then asked would I charge my review to a good one.

So bought two, got two refunds and two free ones. Would strongly recommend not buying them. Only have them a few weeks. But no doubt these will fail.

Be sure to leave a bad review.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

ted1 wrote: »
    I’ve sent two pair of Mpow s back. Left a bad review each time. ( thought I’d give them a second chance in case I was just unlucky). They kept randomly turning on in the case so I’d miss calls as they connect to them, and the left one wouldn’t hold a charge ( obviously was the ones staying on)

Anyway after the bad reviews MPow contacted me a sent me a free pair then asked would I charge my review to a good one.

So bought two, got two refunds and two free ones. Would strongly recommend not buying them. Only have them a few weeks. But no doubt these will fail.

Be sure to leave a bad review.

I've 2 sets of M30's and 1 set M19 and haven't had a single problem with any of them, I think they perform absolutely amazingly and are super value for money.

Strange world.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭CoBo55

54and56 wrote: »
    I've 2 sets of M30's and 1 set M19 and haven't had a single problem with any of them, I think they perform absolutely amazingly and are super value for money.

Strange world.

3 sets in the family here and not a bother with any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Hi guys.... lo9king for a Xmas gift of ear pods for 20yr old son... anyone give me a quick recommendation. Budget of €30 +/-

Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,268 ✭✭✭✭ted1

54and56 wrote: »

Strange world.

My ones were the flame lite+

For running I always use ones with a ear hook.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Masala wrote: »
    Hi guys.... lo9king for a Xmas gift of ear pods for 20yr old son... anyone give me a quick recommendation. Budget of €30 +/-

Many thanks

iFrogz Airtime Pro €47.99 might interest you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Many thanks

I use these and quite happy with them. Not overly bass heavy so if thats the kind of music he likes, perhaps look elsewhere.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Soundcore-Microphones-Reduction-Waterproof-Earphones-Black/dp/B07SJR6HL3/ref=sr_1_3?crid=IWE37SPCU1YL&dchild=1&keywords=soundcore+life+p2&qid=1606294196&quartzVehicle=45-608&replacementKeywords=soundcore+p2&sprefix=soundcore+%2Caps%2C175&sr=8-3

Yeah I use these too and they're decent. Wife said the mic for calls isn't great, but I never use it for that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

ted1 wrote: »
    My ones were the flame lite+

For running I always use ones with a ear hook.

You should honestly try the M30's as they have a "wing" design which keeps the ear bud snugly in your ear. I use for working out and they are very secure, more so than another pair of ear hook buds (not flame lite+) I used to have.

Si6Z6hm.jpg

£27 on Amazon

Many thanks

Creative Outliers €20 plus €5 delivery. Myself and my wife use them so I bought two pairs to keep as spares on Monday. They're due for delivery on Friday.

I still maintain they're the best value, hassle free delivery earphones on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Creative Outliers €20 plus €5 delivery. Myself and my wife use them so I bought two pairs to keep as spares on Monday. They're due for delivery on Friday.

I still maintain they're the best value, hassle free delivery earphones on the market.

Is that their normal price on creative website?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Is that their normal price on creative website?

No. the normal price is 39.99. they are 19.99 for black friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭BandMember

No. the normal price is 39.99. they are 19.99 for black friday.

Would you have a link, please? I've done a search on Google but I'm getting results for €50+.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

BandMember wrote: »
    Would you have a link, please? I've done a search on Google but I'm getting results for €50+.

https://en.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-outlier-one-v2#buy-menu

Advertisement