Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Lauren52 wrote: »
    That's because You cant go over the maximum in your area? Unfortunately for You Dublin prices are insane and that should be changed.

It is 320,000 for Kildare, however we have been approved 221,000 (40,000) less than originally thought and a lot less than calculator.

However , if a house is for sale for 300,000 and I had 79,000 I should be able to use this to add to the 221,000 in order to buy the house for 300,000 ?

Yes I think that's right.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Something else for potential applicants to be aware of. When filling in the section where you state how much of a loan you want, don't put in a specific figure. Write 'maximum allowable' or words to that effect.
    FCC's policy in situations where the net income ratio is breached, is to make you reapply all over again from scratch, rather than just approving you for the maximum you'd qualify for within the net income ratio.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Lauren52

gandalfio wrote: »
    Something else for potential applicants to be aware of. When filling in the section where you state how much of a loan you want, don't put in a specific figure. Write 'maximum allowable' or words to that effect.
    FCC's policy in situations where the net income ratio is breached, is to make you reapply all over again from scratch, rather than just approving you for the maximum you'd qualify for within the net income ratio.

Thankfully we done this also, the council calculated we would get 260,000 , came back AIP yesterday from credit comittee meeting for 221,000 some difference but grateful non the less.

Waiting to see the letter now to see where they got the new figure from.

Good luck to you with yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ABCD_1234

That's because You cant go over the maximum in your area? Unfortunately for You Dublin prices are insane and that should be changed.

It is 320,000 for Kildare, however we have been approved 221,000 (40,000) less than originally thought and a lot less than calculator.

However , if a house is for sale for 300,000 and I had 79,000 I should be able to use this to add to the 221,000 in order to buy the house for 300,000 ?

I think what you’re saying is correct, you just can’t purchase a house for over €320k.

Did they say why you got less than the online calculator? I’m waiting nearly 6 months now and just dreading what they come back with.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Thankfully we done this also, the council calculated we would get 260,000 , came back AIP yesterday from credit comittee meeting for 221,000 some difference but grateful non the less.

Waiting to see the letter now to see where they got the new figure from.

Good luck to you with yours.

I'm beginning to think they make stuff up as they go along. It seems to be designed to approve the least amount of people, for the smallest amount of credit. The mistakes they make just don't seem possible by anyone with any sort of intelligence.

• Advertisement

ABCD_1234 wrote: »
    I think what you’re saying is correct, you just can’t purchase a house for over €320k.

Did they say why you got less than the online calculator? I’m waiting nearly 6 months now and just dreading what they come back with.

TBH I got the email and was so happy the amount didnt register with me till after.

I wont have the letter till tomorrow hopefully it is outlined then. I might ask if not.

We were approved for 175,000 with EBS and 221,000 with RI so still a massive difference. Just means we wont get the house we actually wanted but at least we will get a house where as we couldnt for 175. We have to kids aswel so that is more than likely a factor. I am also on PUP till Dec 1st so that is prob a factor also.

We were waiting over a year - But we are an exception to this as I think there had to of been a **** up. Sent in updated app in June so really you could base it on that time.

Best Of Luck

TBH I got the email and was so happy the amount didnt register with me till after.

I wont have the letter till tomorrow hopefully it is outlined then. I might ask if not.

We were approved for 175,000 with EBS and 221,000 with RI so still a massive difference. Just means we wont get the house we actually wanted but at least we will get a house where as we couldnt for 175. We have to kids aswel so that is more than likely a factor. I am also on PUP till Dec 1st so that is prob a factor also.

We were waiting over a year - But we are an exception to this as I think there had to of been a **** up. Sent in updated app in June so really you could base it on that time.

Best Of Luck

Congratulations! Seems like a tough task to gett RI approval.. fingers crossed for the rest of us now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Juca161

Can anyone help please.. I'm losing all confidence. We are with wexford and for MPI, I am taking nexium because I have a hiatial hernia, its too small to operate on and the treatment is 20mg nexium once a day for acid reflux. I have a monthly prescription so brought this up on the prescription question and the nurse rang me last Thursday, so a week ago, and I am still waiting to hear if I've been accepted or not for MPI. The contracts and the loan offer are ready to be signed and I'm wondering does anyone have experience with this or have you had to get your own MPI and if so, with who??!? My husband has been accepted but the council are telling me of I have to get my own that it might be too expensive or even impossible to continue. I'm so worried about it all. Please has anyone any advice or anything?? Thank you.

Juca161 wrote: »
    Can anyone help please.. I'm losing all confidence. We are with wexford and for MPI, I am taking nexium because I have a hiatial hernia, its too small to operate on and the treatment is 20mg nexium once a day for acid reflux. I have a monthly prescription so brought this up on the prescription question and the nurse rang me last Thursday, so a week ago, and I am still waiting to hear if I've been accepted or not for MPI. The contracts and the loan offer are ready to be signed and I'm wondering does anyone have experience with this or have you had to get your own MPI and if so, with who??!? My husband has been accepted but the council are telling me of I have to get my own that it might be too expensive or even impossible to continue. I'm so worried about it all. Please has anyone any advice or anything?? Thank you.

There’s a FB page “First Time Buyers Ireland” They’ve been discussing MPI issues recently this may help you. If you add the page and enter MPI in the search bar lots of similar posts should apprear.

Has the interest rate gone down again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Jafin

No.

Anyone here got it this year but applied last year and got the lower interest rate? Or once Jan 2020 it was up to this years rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Outbid yet again despite having enough additional savings to go higher if the scheme allowed. So disheartening

optogirl wrote: »
    Outbid yet again despite having enough additional savings to go higher if the scheme allowed. So disheartening

This is so ****. Really sorry to hear this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭beanyb

Anyone here got it this year but applied last year and got the lower interest rate? Or once Jan 2020 it was up to this years rate?

I applied in January 2020 and was approved under the lower interest rate. Haven't drawn down yet but hoping it'll stick to that once I do (hopefully in the next few weeks)!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kbman

beanyb wrote: »
    I applied in January 2020 and was approved under the lower interest rate. Haven't drawn down yet but hoping it'll stick to that once I do (hopefully in the next few weeks)!

I'm in the same boat.
    Contracts signed October last year, completed first snag, waiting for check these are complete and then hopefully draw down with the original rate.

That should be it, as the monthly payments and amount loaned is stated on the letter.

Fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Financesetc.

Has anyone here applied for the mortgage allowance scheme through the council?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Hudur

Applied over 12 months ago, get rejected based on savings history (company saving scheme was too confusing for them). Asked them to review again and then everything got stuck because of Corona. Now I got letter finally and didn't even bother to open it for a day as surely rejected still...

Actually got approval this time. 185k for South Dublin. It's old interest rate and more than 35k more than bank would give so not complaining. Perhaps I get lucky and find something.

Hudur wrote: »
    Applied over 12 months ago, get rejected based on savings history (company saving scheme was too confusing for them). Asked them to review again and then everything got stuck because of Corona. Now I got letter finally and didn't even bother to open it for a day as surely rejected still...

Actually got approval this time. 185k for South Dublin. It's old interest rate and more than 35k more than bank would give so not complaining. Perhaps I get lucky and find something.

Brilliant! Congratulations!! I’m also waiting on South Dublin County Council, this gives me a bit of hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Caz lynn

Hi

Has anyone applied to Galway County Council for the Rebuild Ireland Home Loan?

I'm looking for information on how long it took to get AIP and further information on the process.

TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 jessimirish

Anyone send in an application around September time to DCC? Still waiting to hear back, seems to be taking longer than usual for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 estabon

For those who have had success with this scheme.. After going sale agreed do the council ask for all updated docs again? Ie bank statements payslips salary certs?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Financesetc.

Hi, has anyone applied or got the "Mortgage allowance scheme" from the council?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jessimirish

Possible spanner in the works - my employer was on TWSS and has moved to EWSS. Since moving to EWSS the subsidy is no longer showing on my payslips.

Anyone have experience of trying to draw down while on EWSS? It's no longer showing on my payslips.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Antho12

estabon wrote: »
    For those who have had success with this scheme.. After going sale agreed do the council ask for all updated docs again? Ie bank statements payslips salary certs?

They do, current and savings account from the date you first applied up until final approval application as well as a recent payslip, they didn’t ask me for a salary cert the second time around. This might differ depending on the council, I’m with DCC.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kbman

Hi guys,

I'm running into some tight deadlines for drawdown before end of year.
    Curious if anybody is still here who has experience of the drawdown process?

We're on a new build that's complete and docs will move from builders solicitor on 7th December as the water will have only just been connnected, valuer says once foreman tells him it's connected he'll inform us and County Council.

Wicklow CC have told me to allow 2 weeks for legalities and credit committee to take place.

And also, the last date for release of funds is 18th December.

Anyone's experiences of this will be most helpful.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Zoza

Hi , we been rejected becouse of net income ratio outside of policy and unsatisfactory savings record .
    Could you recommend any solicitors wich they are good with this ?and reapply with full set of documents.
    We wait 3 months for answers from FCC and finely it was rejected 🙈 that’s why i want to go forward with some one wich know what to do .
    Thank you .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

kbman wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm running into some tight deadlines for drawdown before end of year.
    Curious if anybody is still here who has experience of the drawdown process?

We're on a new build that's complete and docs will move from builders solicitor on 7th December as the water will have only just been connnected, valuer says once foreman tells him it's connected he'll inform us and County Council.

Wicklow CC have told me to allow 2 weeks for legalities and credit committee to take place.

And also, the last date for release of funds is 18th December.

Anyone's experiences of this will be most helpful.

Cheers

I think it will take your LA about 2 weeks to raise a cheque and they will only do that once all the necessary legal back and forth is done. As in your solicitor has provided all the requested info to the Councils solicitor, and it is then up to your solicitor to request the cheque from the LA.

the 18th sounds tight as in, the LA could be closing completely on the 18th. Just get your solicitor to check. But in all honesty , you have your final approval and everything else? There is nothing else that goes to the credit committee after that.
    Id imagine if things get delayed they just pick it up in the new year, which in the scheme of things isnt massive. It can be stressful but just talk to your own solicitor, they should be in touch with the LA solicitor and have the up to date position.

Zoza wrote: »
    Hi , we been rejected becouse of net income ratio outside of policy and unsatisfactory savings record .
    Could you recommend any solicitors wich they are good with this ?and reapply with full set of documents.
    We wait 3 months for answers from FCC and finely it was rejected �� that’s why i want to go forward with some one wich know what to do .
    Thank you .

Why you need a solicitor? They don't have anything to do with applying to the scheme
    Did the Council not explain what it means?
    Did you ask for an amount of money that is outside of the calculator/ ratio?
    And did you have 12 months of consistent savings?

Maybe ask to have a chat with the council and see what you need to do

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Jafin

I don't want to put the frighteners on anyone, and it's very possible that it's different for every LA, but when I was sale agreed my LA did tell me that they needed all the documents in by the end of November if I had any hope of drawing down before Christmas because they have some kind of end of year report to do, and that's the deadline. I was told that if I didn't have everything in by then that it would likely be March 2021 before I could proceed, or February at the very earliest. It's all moot now anyway as the sale fell through, but I would check these things with your LA if you can. Like I said though, it's very possible these time frames are different for each LA, and just because gave me those timeframes doesn't mean it's the same for yours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭beanyb

Jafin wrote: »
    I don't want to put the frighteners on anyone, and it's very possible that it's different for every LA, but when I was sale agreed my LA did tell me that they needed all the documents in by the end of November if I had any hope of drawing down before Christmas because they have some kind of end of year report to do, and that's the deadline. I was told that if I didn't have everything in by then that it would likely be March 2021 before I could proceed, or February at the very earliest. It's all moot now anyway as the sale fell through, but I would check these things with your LA if you can. Like I said though, it's very possible these time frames are different for each LA, and just because gave me those timeframes doesn't mean it's the same for yours.

It's definitely different for each LA, as that is not the situation I am in with DCC at all.

Advertisement