Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kbman

Seanom90 wrote: »
    Hi, I got AIP today and I'm waiting on confirmation in the post, I'm unsure what the next steps are, will this be explained to me in the letter from the council?

Thanks

Yes, this will be fully explained in the letter you get.
    I was approved in 2 different councils.
    My first approval, if i recall gave m 6 months to come back with an address where I was going to buy and the 2nd one I was pushing them to give me the approval quickly so we could sign the docs with our solicitor and that gave me 1 month to come back with an address.

Being that we got our first approval August last year, i'm not sure how much has changed with the approval process in the meantime.

If you've got approval I'd focus on looking for the property you're after. And once you find it, source your solicitor.

Everything'll fly after that.

Best of luck with the hunt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Seanom90

KH1591 wrote: »
    Thats great! Was this after the credit committee meeting? What council are you with?

Yes the meeting was actually a few weeks ago they we're waiting for funds to be released before contacting me apparently is the reason it took a few extra weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KH1591

Seanom90 wrote: »
    Yes the meeting was actually a few weeks ago they we're waiting for funds to be released before contacting me apparently is the reason it took a few extra weeks

Congrats! Always good to hear other people's good news while we wait! :D
    Best of luck with everything!!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Lauren52

Alanoshea1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I hope I get some sort of answer to this as it will (hopefully) put my mind at ease.

So I basic wage is not very high but I make it up in commission. Does anyone know how much of the commission RBI will take into consideration?

Any info will be greatly appreciated :)

A.

Hi I dont know the answer to this, however, someone put in this thread last week/ week before that they take 10% into account once guaranteed on your salary cert. If it's not guaranteed I dont think its counted for at all.

EBS Took 50% of my husband's and none of mine into account. Unsure of what the council is taking into account as we have not heard back yet.

Sorry I cant be of more help.

You could ring the council and ask them ?

Can I ask, anyone who has gone through to AIP stage, when application was back from the housing agency , did you know what they had recommended, or did you not find out until after the credit committee meeting?
    TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ABCD_1234

Lauren52 wrote: »
    Can I ask, anyone who has gone through to AIP stage, when application was back from the housing agency , did you know what they had recommended, or did you not find out until after the credit committee meeting?
    TIA

My application is currently with the credit committee and I have not been given a figure as of yet..

ABCD_1234 wrote: »
    My application is currently with the credit committee and I have not been given a figure as of yet..

Sorry I mean recommended as in decline or approve?

Sorry I mean recommended as in decline or approve?

No, I actually haven’t even heard that much. I haven’t had very much communication from the CoCo to be honest though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Sarahedel1991

TIA

Mine came back from the Housing Agency last week and it's going to the credit comitee this week. I haven't been told anything yet.

Hey, do you know how long the application is with the credit commitee?
    I was told last week its going to cork county council credit comitee this week and should have an answer after but haven't been told anything yet.

Not sure even what day the credit committee meet.

• Advertisement

Hey, do you know how long the application is with the credit commitee?
    I was told last week its going to cork county council credit comitee this week and should have an answer after but haven't been told anything yet.

Not sure even what day the credit committee meet.

Mine is with the credit committee 3 weeks (maybe a little more).. It might be a case that that don’t have the available funds it’s hard to know though.. I’m just hoping I’m approved as I haven’t been told that yet 🙈

Mine is with the credit committee 3 weeks (maybe a little more).. It might be a case that that don’t have the available funds it’s hard to know though.. I’m just hoping I’m approved as I haven’t been told that yet 🙈

Thanks so much for getting back to me. Are you with cork county council too?

Yeah I have been told it's going to the credit comitee this week too. I also haven't been told if I'm approved or not

No problem, no I’m with South Dublin CoCo.

They are quite slow though, it has been 20 weeks since I first applied. Cork CoCo may be quicker.

No problem, no I’m with South Dublin CoCo.

They are quite slow though, it has been 20 weeks since I first applied. Cork CoCo may be quicker.

I hope you get your answer soon. I'm sure you will 🀞🀞 I'll let you know how mine goes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Beginning to realise that 320k is not enough to buy a 2 bedroom house in Dublin. Fairly depressing getting outbid on everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Throwdown

Hi guys,

I haven't checked into this thread in months, but so glad to see it's still active! Lots of great info from everyone too. I'm hoping we'll be good to make our application in the coming months.

I've noticed mainly the different timeframes for different counties. Apologies if this has been asked a million times before, (I couldn't find an exact answer in previous pages) but for anyone who applied through Dublin City Council, would you mind if I asked how long roughly you were waiting from application to full approval?

Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Antho12

Throwdown wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I haven't checked into this thread in months, but so glad to see it's still active! Lots of great info from everyone too. I'm hoping we'll be good to make our application in the coming months.

I've noticed mainly the different timeframes for different counties. Apologies if this has been asked a million times before, (I couldn't find an exact answer in previous pages) but for anyone who applied through Dublin City Council, would you mind if I asked how long roughly you were waiting from application to full approval?

Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks

6 weeks for me with DCC, this was in September this year. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

Today we received information that are application back from Housing Agency and it has to go to Credit Committee, those anyone from Co Kildare know maybe when next Credit Committee meets? Thanks in advance

Today we received information that are application back from Housing Agency and it has to go to Credit Committee, those anyone from Co Kildare know maybe when next Credit Committee meets? Thanks in advance

Hi, ours was back last Thursday , they had a meeting last Wednesday , there wont be one this week, I got an email to say hopefully next week, but sure who knows, be soon enough though, we have waited this long, what's another few weeks ! The lady I am dealing with said she would let me know next week when one was set. I will post here if I hear anymore.

Do You mind me asking when You sent your application in first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

Hi, ours was back last Thursday , they had a meeting last Wednesday , there wont be one this week, I got an email to say hopefully next week, but sure who knows, be soon enough though, we have waited this long, what's another few weeks ! The lady I am dealing with said she would let me know next week when one was set. I will post here if I hear anymore.

Do You mind me asking when You sent your application in first?

Thank you so much for this, hopefully they will have one soon, if you don’t mind please post if you will get any update, we checking here few times per day for any even scrap of news:-) we applied June this year

Thank you so much for this, hopefully they will have one soon, if you don’t mind please post if you will get any update, we checking here few times per day for any even scrap of news:-) we applied June this year

Oh I know the feeling , constantly checking emails , boards , all day everyday. I will send you a message once I get word.

Hopefully wont be to long.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bonelesscalvin

Submitted my application on Monday to DCC. How was peoples experience with them and how long did it takes yous?

My situation is a bit different. The property I am buying off a family friend is a council shared ownership development so no normal bank will give me a mortgage on it (€135,000 sale price). The estate management said I have to get a mortgage through RIHL. Called them up and due to this I didn’t have to provide 2 letters of refusal from banks only an email saying the bank can only draw down on private property. €121,500 I’m looking for off them (I have 10% deposit and 5k solicitor fees already saved) fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Alanoshea1

Am i the only one who can't see the chat function on the RBI site? I've also tried to call RBI and they don't seem to actually have a contact line? They only refer me to the site for the webchat that isnt there.

The guy on the phone in my city council is unfortunately extremely unhelpful. Also I presume its ok to ring my county council for information even though im not applying to them?

A

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Throwdown

Antho12 wrote: »
    6 weeks for me with DCC, this was in September this year. Good luck

Wow, that's good to know!

Thanks for the response!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SCLW89

Am i the only one who can't see the chat function on the RBI site? I've also tried to call RBI and they don't seem to actually have a contact line? They only refer me to the site for the webchat that isnt there.

The guy on the phone in my city council is unfortunately extremely unhelpful. Also I presume its ok to ring my county council for information even though im not applying to them?

A
    They have closed their phone lines since covid I think!
    But the online chat is very quick, they respond straight away and are very helpful anytime I've asked anything. When on mobile view there's a small orange chat logo on the bottom right of the screen? Not sure if you're using a desktop!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Alanoshea1

Have tried on phone and computer and it does not seem to be there for me? Hopefully its not a sign lol

Have tried on phone and computer and it does not seem to be there for me? Hopefully its not a sign lol

They have not closed phone lines, I have got through on the phone, Granted not every time , but definitely they are answering them

Email the housing loans email address, You should find that on your County Council website.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KH1591

I just used the chat! Go to the RI Loan page, scroll down to the end where How Much Can I Borrow and Am I Eligible are and it should be on the bottom right corner! This was on a desktop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I think the Chat comes and goes when there's nobody on hand to monitor it, but yes, I had difficulty getting it.

It may be worth trying a different browser and making sure you're not blocking pop ups etc too. Just did a quick check and it's appearing on my mobile's browser but not the full site on my laptop for whatever reason.

Advertisement