Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 Spread via non-caring "essential workers"

Options
  • 24-11-2020 4:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭

I was in the unfortunate situation of having my immersion Heater having failed on Friday night and tripping the RCB.

On Sunday I messaged the guy who fixed it the last time only to be told it could be a wait until Wednesday.

On Monday morning I called the top company in the Google search for immersion Heater in Dublin.

The gentleman said that he could be there at 6.30pm.
    True to his word, there he was around 6.30pm.

Things slowly went to piss from then on.
    He was sniffling & coughing.
    Did not bother to wear a mask.
    No gloves either.
    Hawking up phlegm & spitting over my balcony.
    Walking through my lounge while coughing etc. while walking past my vulnerable partner.

Asked me to assist him in an enclosed hallway.

Absolutely detestable behaviour during a level 5 lockdown.

No wonder this disease is spreading so fast.

Someone like this sees & directly interacts with dozens of people every day. Hence a greater chance of spreading the virus. Yet ZERO care whatsoever.

My g*d, what callousness.

I await to see whether I end up with the flu or coronavirus.
    It has to be one or the other considering what occurred and the proximity.

Who do or can I report this to in the first place?
    Nobody, no-one. Zilch, Zip, Nada.

One hopes that the Covid-19 Tracking App actually works.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,222 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

wandererz wrote: »

One hopes that the Covid-19 Tracking App actually works.

...and that he had it installed, and that he scheduled a test once he started showing symptoms, and that he restricted his movements while he was waiting for the results...

There are many reasons why a person might cough or sniff that doesn’t mean they have Covid.

He could have sinus issues, asthma, allergies.
    There could be a medical reason for not wearing a mask.

You could have asked him to leave if you didn’t feel comfortable. But I bet you let him do the job that you wanted done? And now you want him punished.

Typical 2020... Shame on you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Why did you allow the man in your house?

You're just as much to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

If your partner is as you say "vulnerable", would it not have been a good idea for them to stay in a bedroom or somewhere that the plumber wouldn't have to go and be pass by them?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,084 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

If only buildings had windows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,722 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Covid symptoms are a non productive cough. If his was productive, it's unlikely.

Also, he's at more risk that you: If was him, I'd have insisted that you left the building and ventilated it for 15 minutes before entering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Your immersion isn’t essential, tut tut.

How far is all the judging going to go?

I've barely seen anyone since March and my sinuses have been killing me all week. Guess what causes 99% of sinusitis? Viruses. How the hell did I get a virus if this stuff actually works?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Glurrl

Why couldn't you have washed yourself with a cloth and hot water in the sink?

You put this man's life in danger for a shower

Advertisement