Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID-19: Vaccine/antidote and testing procedures Megathread [Mod Warning - Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Any chance the people voting no could explain why? Do you want to go back to normality or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,208 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

El Sueño wrote: »
    Any chance the people voting no could explain why? Do you want to go back to normality or not?

Probably little to no idea why.

Some anti vax ramblings no doubt with no insight into the process behind this vaccine. Oh and the usual big company only out for money etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

El Sueño wrote: »

Based on Pandemrix and Gardasil ...... and on other reasons. Dont trust the companies based on past performance.
    Not convinced there are enough people dying to warrant a vaccine.
    Not keen on using Stem cells for religious and ethical reasons.

For the person rushing into this and calling me an anti vaxxer, you go get the vaccine and I will go my way. You dont have to worry about it because the vaccine will look after you and the world will have one less antivaxxer.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭noserider

Listening to Luke O Neill on 6 o clock show. He was saying by March we should have the health care workers and elderly vaccinated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

There's a poll already in the main vaccine thread, I'm not sure why we need another one

The other poll has had over 1,000 people taking part. I'd give that more credence over this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    There's a poll already in the main vaccine thread, I'm not sure why we need another one

The other poll has had over 1,000 people taking part. I'd give that more credence over this

I didn't see it, sorry bout that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Probably little to no idea why.

Some anti vax ramblings no doubt with no insight into the process behind this vaccine. Oh and the usual big company only out for money etc etc

Or perhaps, because the vaccine was created under massive pressure and with extraordinary urgency some pro-vax people would prefer to wait a year or so.

polesheep wrote: »
    Or perhaps, because the vaccine was created under massive pressure and with extraordinary urgency some pro-vax people would prefer to wait a year or so.

While still undergoing the same safety testing and scrutiny as every other vaccine, easily researchable.

As another poster said there's a full thread on this don't see why there's another.

It's a thread that attracts people who are pro-vax, myself included, so is therefore skewed. A standalone poll will give a better insight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Based on Pandemrix and Gardasil ...... and on other reasons. Dont trust the companies based on past performance.
    Not convinced there are enough people dying to warrant a vaccine.
    Not keen on using Stem cells for religious and ethical reasons.

For the person rushing into this and calling me an anti vaxxer, you go get the vaccine and I will go my way. You dont have to worry about it because the vaccine will look after you and the world will have one less antivaxxer.

Reason's as above.
    2 to 1 against so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,940 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The alternative to taking the vaccine is what we have right now. And I don't like what we have right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Hollohan’s words on the vaccine this evening. “ Encouraging news” and “ substantial degree of hope”

While still undergoing the same safety testing and scrutiny as every other vaccine, easily researchable.

As another poster said there's a full thread on this don't see why there's another.

There will always be an element of time required. There are people who prefer to wait a while before they get one of these vaccines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

noserider wrote: »
    Listening to Luke O Neill on 6 o clock show. He was saying by March we should have the health care workers and elderly vaccinated.

Is that not on the slow side of delivery? I mean when should we expect first deliveries of the actual vaccines into the country to commence distribution??

There will always be an element of time required. There are people who prefer to wait a while before they get one of these vaccines.

Grand so would you prefer on going restrictions then ? Because that's the alternative like we have now if there isn't a decent uptake

Sooner we're out of this mess the better and a vaccine is a means to an end

Grand so would you prefer on going restrictions then ? Because that's the alternative like we have now

If I felt vulnerable at all I would take it straightaway. I don't see the need for restrictions if the vulnerable have had a vaccine so I don't see why that should be the alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Vaccine certificates for travelling and other activities will be a thing in the near future in my opinion.
    It'll be interesting to see how many on here change their tune once that inevitably happens.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,767 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

It's a thread that attracts people who are pro-vax, myself included, so is therefore skewed. A standalone poll will give a better insight.

:confused:

How do you make that out?

A thread is a thread. It'll attract posters from both sides

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭Russman

https://youtu.be/h19kG5gnY44

I know it’s on Indian TV, but interesting interview with Adrian Hill about the Oxford vaccine. He’s positively beaming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭eleventh

Unless you want to put yourself at risk of (serious) illness, stay away from vaccines - all of them.

:confused:

How do you make that out?

A thread is a thread. It'll attract posters from both sides

That's not true. This thread is very specifically aimed at those with an interest in vaccine development. It's parameters for discussion are very tightly defined. I think it is the wrong decision to merge these threads. I'm aware that the new thread would have attracted anti-vaxxers but it would also have enabled discussion by those hesitant or unsure and the poll would have given a more general view. Poor decision in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,940 ✭✭✭✭flazio

eleventh wrote: »
    Unless you want to put yourself at risk of (serious) illness, stay away from vaccines - all of them.

And live behind a perspex visor all my life? Pass.

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Some amount of waffle in this thread again re: vaccines being dangerous and the great reset.

Give it a break lads. There are forums for that stuff.

That's because of the thread merge. I think this thread should have been left unsullied.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

That's because of the thread merge. I think this thread should have been left unsullied.

Good spot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

flazio wrote: »
    And live behind a perspex visor all my life? Pass.

Have you actually seen anyone die from it that didnt have an underlying condition?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

noserider wrote: »

Seems quite slow, hopefully it won't be this slow.

I believe the UK said they will vacinate all eldery and HCW by January?

Spain says they plan to have the entire population vaccinated by spring

• Registered Users Posts: 21,202 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Good article here on Katalin Karikos, the woman who cracked the RNA technology. Nobel prize on the way, I'm sure;
    https://www.theguardian.com/science/2020/nov/21/covid-vaccine-technology-pioneer-i-never-doubted-it-would-work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Some amount of waffle in this thread again re: vaccines being dangerous and the great reset.

Give it a break lads. There are forums for that stuff.

and some wonderful medications too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Have you actually seen anyone die from it that didnt have an underlying condition?

With my own two eyes? Yep.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement