Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone used fitness equipment Ireland before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭Daemonic

I bought from them a couple of years ago and had no issues. Whether that holds through in current circumstances....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

bought set of bands off them a few years ago.
    no issues , seemed like nice lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

Fitness equipment NI were linked on another thread recently and I ordered from them last night. Got order confirmation this morning but no shipping info yet but so far seems fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

matrim wrote: »
    Fitness equipment NI were linked on another thread recently and I ordered from them last night. Got order confirmation this morning but no shipping info yet but so far seems fine.

I saw that site as well actually. Are they own by the same people as fitness equipment Ireland? Also they do the deliver to Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭DilD

I bought off them earlier in the year, no problems at all great service. BUT I now checked the site as my brother wants some equipment and thwy have pushed their prices up so much its a joke. I paid €599 for an olympic barbell set that is now on their site for €749. I got dumbbells for €115 that are now €140. They are using the Covid situation to rob people, adding 25% to their products. I get that supply is limited right now but they are taking the piss. Would never buy or recommend them to anyone again for this reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

DilD wrote: »
    I bought off them earlier in the year, no problems at all great service. BUT I now checked the site as my brother wants some equipment and thwy have pushed their prices up so much its a joke. I paid €599 for an olympic barbell set that is now on their site for €749. I got dumbbells for €115 that are now €140. They are using the Covid situation to rob people, adding 25% to their products. I get that supply is limited right now but they are taking the piss. Would never buy or recommend them to anyone again for this reason.

It's quite possible that their orices are gone up because their own supply chain is the one making hay while the demand is high as opposed to Fitness Equipment Ireland themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

You don't think their suppliers might have jacked up the prices too, you know, because manufacturing in China was gone for 4 months.

It's quite possible that their orices are gone up because their own supply chain is the one making hay while the demand is high as opposed to Fitness Equipment Ireland themselves.

If that's the case then completely understandable. Just got such a shock when I had a look at the same products up 25%. Like I said I had no issues at all dealing with them so was very surprised to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

If that's the case then completely understandable. Just got such a shock when I had a look at the same products up 25%. Like I said I had no issues at all dealing with them so was very surprised to see it

I wanted to pick up some pieces in late march, they were sold out. Of every single item and it must have taken them some time to get stock back in.

I wanted to pick up some pieces in late march, they were sold out. Of every single item and it must have taken them some time to get stock back in.

Ya I preordered mine around March/April too and there were delays with the preorder, understandable. They are safe to buy from, just the prices have increased so much now I would be inclined to shop around elsewhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement