Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2021 in the Civil and Public Service (Please read OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Connacht15

I haven't filled the long word doc application yet.
    I assume you fill it and save it to your desktop and then complete the standard form then press continue after completing the standard form.
    This brings you to the uploading page where you download the long form from your desktop or wherever it's saved and then press submit!
    The Standard Form gets submitted automatically with it, hopefully!
    There is an element of fúckarsery for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Connacht15 wrote: »
    I haven't filled the long word doc application yet.
    I assume you fill it and save it to your desktop and then complete the standard form then press continue after completing the standard form.
    This brings you to the uploading page
    where you download the long form from your desktop or wherever it's saved and then press submit!
    The Standard Form gets submitted automatically with it, hopefully!
    There is an element of fúckarsery for sure!

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dublingreen

Is there any easier way to ad your signature on the application form without actually printing that page and signing with a pen?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jules5417

Is there any easier way to ad your signature on the application form without actually printing that page and signing with a pen?

Just type your name at the bottom. I have always done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Typing your name is fine. They dont want people changing the title of the document really or uploading it in a different format.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Connacht15 wrote: »
    I have just seen the word document which is a detailed career history application which you are supposed to fill in and save before applying and then submit with the standard form!
    They certainly don;t make it easy!

And the best thing about that is they don’t even read those:

Temporary Clerical Officer in the Civil & Public Service 2021

Hi All,

The deadline for applications is 3pm today, November 9th.

---

Quick reminder about Stage 1, and for new people,

Stage 1 - Online Assessment Questionnaire is expected to commence this Friday, 13th of November.

You should receive a link for the questionnaire, by close of business, via your public jobs message board (They don't all come together).

You must complete and submit the questionnaire by next Tuesday, 17th of November @ 1pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

I scanned my signature a long time ago and paste it in to all my applications. I wouldn't get too worried about it though, typing it in is pretty standard, but I like to have it in my image files for whenever I need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Red Honeysuckle

Temporary Clerical Officer in the Civil & Public Service 2021

Hi All,

The deadline for applications is 3pm today, November 9th.

---

Quick reminder about Stage 1, and for new people,

Stage 1 - Online Assessment Questionnaire is expected to commence this Friday, 13th of November.

You should receive a link for the questionnaire, by close of business, via your public jobs message board (They don't all come together).

You must complete and submit the questionnaire by next Tuesday, 17th of November @ 1pm.

Ah, the good old how amazing are you and are you crazy test. Wonder if it's going to be the same as last years or if its the same as the CO 2020 one that they changed slightly.

Ah, the good old how amazing are you and are you crazy test. Wonder if it's going to be the same as last years or if its the same as the CO 2020 one that they changed slightly.

For all that there worth #nothing what so ever.

• Advertisement

For all that there worth #nothing what so ever.

I'm just hoping my application form wasn't blank!!

jules5417 wrote: »
    I'm just hoping my application form wasn't blank!!

If you go into your publicjobs profile to "My Applications" you should be able to download and check your application form as submitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭furrybones

If you go into your publicjobs profile to "My Applications" you should be able to download and check your application form as submitted.

Yeah.. I've done that.. twice. I KNOW it wasn't blank but considering things were bad enough for PAS to email about it, I'm still doubting myself. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

furrybones wrote: »
    Yeah.. I've done that.. twice. I KNOW it wasn't blank but considering things were bad enough for PAS to email about it, I'm still doubting myself. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That thought has gone through my head as well, even though I've checked it a few times.

That thought has gone through my head as well, even though I've checked it a few times.

Last time I got a invite to an interview on Monday for the following Monday.By Friday I got an email from pas saying we never got your application and could you please resubmit your r form via email which I did, course I did think how did I get an interview if they didn’t have my application, but no matter. In the interview they asked me why I reassigned last tco contract and I informed them that the other tco in same department did not me. They later started digging about my ability to use email and I told them the story above re the application form. I didn’t get the job, hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Assessment 1 is now available, I assume everyone that applied properly receives this?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 aleoga

I saw in an earlier post that "Stage One is an Assessment Questionnaire available for both standard and special needs candidates " although I didn't see special needs mentioned in the 2020 booklet. Do you think this means there is a different Assessment Questionnaire for special needs candidates or is it the same for both standard and special needs?
    Many thanks.

One of the questions on the test. To be able to do it without having to put in a lot of effort. what does this mean to you ?

1 Im so good at it I don't even having to think
    or
    2 I only have to bash this the return key its like stealing a living

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭weadick

I often wonder with these assessment questionaires whether its better to be honest or to just pretend you are above average and excellent at everything.

weadick wrote: »
    I often wonder with these assessment questionaires whether its better to be honest or to just pretend you are above average and excellent at everything.

Answer honestly but always either agree strongly or disagree strongly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

TCO Q no. 1: "I would jump off a bridge if my team lead told me to"

Somewhat agree, no?

LazyClouds wrote: »
    TCO Q no. 1: "I would jump off a bridge if my team lead told me to"

Somewhat agree, no?

No one likes a whistle blower

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Are the competencies for TCO the same as a regular CO?

Aleece2020 wrote: »

Yes the competencies are the same.

Yes

Just completed the assessment and it's pretty much the same as last year's one. Fingers crossed that I pass it and get a good OOM, or at least an OOM they'll reach by the end of the panel. :D

I got a 6 month contract from the 2020 campaign and got used to working full time again, so I'm finding it hard now that it's finished. I loved the work and I got on great with my colleagues, so leaving was especially difficult :( Thankfully, the organisation I volunteer with left the door open for me to come back once my contract finished so at least I'm not staring at 4 walls all day every day and I'm doing something useful (miss the paycheck though).

While I've heard that people see these campaigns as a waste of time and money, I think they are a great opportunity to experience many different areas of the public sector and I really hope I'll be as fortunate with the 2021 campaign as I was in 2020.

Best of luck to everyone :)

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

furrybones wrote: »
    Just completed the assessment and it's pretty much the same as last year's one. Fingers crossed that I pass it and get a good OOM, or at least an OOM they'll reach by the end of the panel. :D

I got a 6 month contract from the 2020 campaign and got used to working full time again, so I'm finding it hard now that it's finished. I loved the work and I got on great with my colleagues, so leaving was especially difficult :( Thankfully, the organisation I volunteer with left the door open for me to come back once my contract finished so at least I'm not staring at 4 walls all day every day and I'm doing something useful (miss the paycheck though).

While I've heard that people see these campaigns as a waste of time and money, I think they are a great opportunity to experience many different areas of the public sector and I really hope I'll be as fortunate with the 2021 campaign as I was in 2020.

Best of luck to everyone :)

My oom in Limerick was 40 2020 and didn't get a call hoping next year will be better for us all. Best contract I ever got was 16 months in the council loved it. Worse contract social welfare staff were just so unfriendly was happy to get out.

jules5417 wrote: »
    My oom in Limerick was 40 2020 and didn't get a call hoping next year will be better for us all. Best contract I ever got was 16 months in the council loved it. Worse contract social welfare staff were just so unfriendly was happy to get out.

I had one that I thought I'd never get out of too, but it was an experience nonetheless. I also learned a lot about myself with that contract, and it wasn't all bad :P

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

For people who have done this before and gotten a good result; do you have any advice on how to go about this? This is my first time going for TCO and I didn't do well at all with the regular CO competition earlier this year. :(

• Advertisement

For people who have done this before and gotten a good result; do you have any advice on how to go about this? This is my first time going for TCO and I didn't do well at all with the regular CO competition earlier this year. :(

Forget about the CO one that’s a lotto.

Advertisement